gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680864 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 09:19:30 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What Beach Boys Songs Do You Feel Describe Your Life?  (Read 6856 times)
The Madcap
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2011, 07:18:46 PM »

For me it's "I Just Wasn't Made For These Times", or at least it did, since things have improved significantly for me since first hearing it. Almost every line resonates with me. For the longest time I didn't feel like I belonged anywhere. I've always been fairly intelligent. However I felt like I was rarely making any progress in my life; like I wasn't going anywhere; sort of a perpetual stagnation. I felt like nothing good in my life lasted; like something would always bring me down. At times I feel like a walking anachronism. I feel cheated out of so many experiences simply because I was born in 1992; like I literally wasn't made for these times. I'm a person with a lot of ideas; things I want to do, things I want to be. In the end most of them ultimately never come to fruition, and usually I don't feel like I have much support. It took me a long time to find the people I knew I could depend on; who wouldn't cop out.

Luckily most of that's behind me now. Thank f*** I'm out of high school (this is why I've never liked "Be True To Your School").

A broken man too tough to cry
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 07:25:30 PM »

Switches from week to week but currently "I'd Love Just Once To See You"

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 07:33:35 PM »

The songs on Pet Sounds and Today!  are close to me because they really relate to my life and are great to listen to when I am in deep thought about my life.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 07:39:08 PM »

At the moment its Busy Doin` Nothin`. Last Saturday night it was All I Want To Do. At one time it was the infamous line from IJWMFTF, "They say I got brains but they ain`t doin` me no good"(Growing up I was always hearing people tell me how smart I was)...Hell, I could somewhat relate to at least half the songs on PS when I first heard it around age 19-20.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 07:47:19 PM »

At the moment its Busy Doin` Nothin`. Last Saturday night it was All I Want To Do. At one time it was the infamous line from IJWMFTF, "They say I got brains but they ain`t doin` me no good"(Growing up I was always hearing people tell me how smart I was)...Hell, I could somewhat relate to at least half the songs on PS when I first heard it around age 19-20.
Totally what I feel right now when I listen to that song and album as a 20 year old.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 08:00:23 PM »

'I Know There's An Answer'

I know too many people who think they have open minds - but they are really closed. I know too many people who think they're peaceful - but really they're uptight.

Perfect song that sums up the majority of society - people following the crowd....people who don't want to think on their own.

And thus I also feel like the song 'IJWMFTT'.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 08:03:07 PM »

Bull Session with Big Daddy.

("You stepped on my french fries" just about sums it up).
rogerlancelot
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 09:14:45 PM »

Right now for me it's "Leaving This Town".

Update: Overall in life it's "All This Is That".
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 09:15:47 PM by Brian's Other Chin » Logged
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 09:21:31 PM »

A Day In The Life Of A Tree.  Grin Or on a more serious note, Till I Die.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
ghost
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 09:53:28 PM »

THERE'S SO MANY [fantasy, fantasy world / where planets are spinning around]

WIND CHIMES [smiley smile version]

MELT AWAY [i wonder whyyyyy nothin ever seems to go my way / the world's not waitin just for me, the world don't care what i can be, i feel just like an island until i see smilin]

BABY LET YOUR HAIR GROW LONG [there's gotta be something you're living for, you need to try a little more]

Mandatory mention of A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A TREE / TILL I DIE.
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 09:54:28 PM »

For me it's "I Just Wasn't Made For These Times", or at least it did, since things have improved significantly for me since first hearing it. Almost every line resonates with me. For the longest time I didn't feel like I belonged anywhere. I've always been fairly intelligent. However I felt like I was rarely making any progress in my life; like I wasn't going anywhere; sort of a perpetual stagnation. I felt like nothing good in my life lasted; like something would always bring me down. At times I feel like a walking anachronism. I feel cheated out of so many experiences simply because I was born in 1992; like I literally wasn't made for these times. I'm a person with a lot of ideas; things I want to do, things I want to be. In the end most of them ultimately never come to fruition, and usually I don't feel like I have much support. It took me a long time to find the people I knew I could depend on; who wouldn't cop out.

Luckily most of that's behind me now. Thank f*ck I'm out of high school (this is why I've never liked "Be True To Your School").

Same for me, Madcap, I also feel like an anachronism, even though I was born in 63. In my case, i yearn for the 50s. And I never attend any high school reunions.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 10:00:24 PM »

My dad always said that "I Just Wasn't Made For These Times" was the perfect song for him. He was the eternal summer of love hippie. He stayed in 1967, and never left.  Smiley

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 10:02:11 PM »

Chug-A-Lug

I just love root beer so much

No mas, por favor.
rogerlancelot
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2011, 12:13:20 AM »

New Topic: Beach Boys songs that do not describe your life

01) Life Is For The Living (this song had to be a joke, right?)
02) Lazy Lizzie and all of the other child predator songs (although this is my favorite of the bunch even as an underdeveloped idea)
03) I'm In Great Shape (really, any of US?)
04) Pom Pom Play Girl

Holy sh*t, I don't think I could ever stop with THIS list!
Mark H.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2011, 05:06:31 AM »

Ding Dang
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2011, 05:17:01 AM »

For me it's "That's Not Me", because it IS me. My story (at one time) in a nutshell.

“We live in divisive times.”
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2011, 06:46:28 AM »

Shortenin' Bread
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2011, 07:30:09 AM »

Stuck in this damned office and raising grown children.  Oops!  Sorry.  You were looking for SONGS that describe my life.
brucejohnstonfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2011, 10:33:17 AM »

Stevie
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2011, 11:16:47 AM »

Did they ever record a song called "God, Why Do You Hate Me ?"

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
originals
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2011, 11:19:13 AM »

IN MY ROOM
puni puni
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2011, 11:53:33 AM »

Shortenin' Bread
send me a picture and i'll tell you
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2011, 12:40:10 PM »

We Three Kings

Barbie

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

We have a little extra meat onstage. The audience can feel it.   --Al Jardine

pLeAsUrE iSlAnD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FUN³
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2011, 02:59:52 PM »

i wanna pick you up
hey little tomboy
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2011, 03:20:03 PM »

When I Grow Up To Be A Man - I remember listening to this as a kid and projecting myself into adulthood as it reeled off the years at the end. Now I'm that older guy with kids finding myself repeating some of my dad's behaviour for better or worse, so the song still resonates.

It's just the most profound lyric in the way it transcends time and lives with you through your whole life, plus manages to comment on the unbearable fleetingness of time, but in a non intellectual and unpretentious way - incredible!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 03:22:04 PM by buddhahat » Logged

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx