gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 05:16:26 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: London RFH seats available  (Read 11718 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2011, 07:17:53 PM »

Just got back from Brian at Newcastle/Gateshead Sage... OMG!!!!!! Still excited!!! THAT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!

I know how you feel, you can't beat a Brian Wilson show

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
willy
Smiley Smile Associate

Hooga hagga hooga!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2011, 07:36:02 PM »

If that's not the greatest live show anywhere on the planet then I'm a chicken-and-ham pie  Cool

I bumped my head, the sky turned red, the aardvark said "Banana!"
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2011, 07:38:41 PM »

If that's not the greatest live show anywhere on the planet then I'm a chicken-and-ham pie  Cool

We all know the hits are faultless but what did you think of the Gershwin set?

Even better than the album in my opinion. Sounds fantastic live

willy
Smiley Smile Associate

Hooga hagga hooga!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2011, 07:55:12 PM »

The Gershwin set — I agree it was so much better to witness it in concert. Almost faultless. Wonder if this has ever been filmed?

(Thought they might squeeze in a Disney toon but next time!)

CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2011, 04:08:41 AM »

Really looking forward to next week now! I saw the BBs in July and it was the best gig I have been to, so if Brian tops that then all the 'top' bands of the moment have got their work cut out!
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2011, 04:23:22 AM »

I thought Brian sounded brittle during the Gershwin.  Wish he'd done it during the second half when he's always seemed more comfortable. Also wish he'd sing softer now and then.  Heroes and Villains, however, was stunning.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 06:46:30 AM by Smilin Ed H » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2011, 04:38:45 AM »

For them as is still undecided, tickets still to be had in London. Thus:

Friday 16th [85%]:
Front stalls - sold out
Rear stalls - 64 left
Balcony - 314
Boxes - sold out
Sides - sold out

Saturday 17th [92%]:
Front stalls - sold out
Rear stalls - 7
Balcony - 206
Boxes - sold out
Sides - sold out

Sunday 18th [77%]:
Front stalls - sold out
Rear stalls - 240
Balcony - 357
Boxes - sold out
Sides - sold out

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2011, 06:47:29 AM »

One other thing, he was playing a fair bit of piano last night, sometimes to the detriment of his singing because he looked down away from the mic on occasion.
absinthe_boy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2011, 12:58:15 PM »

I'll be there. I am quite recognisable, same size as Jeff Foskett was on the SMiLE tour. With my similarly rotund missus. Got box seats and am taking a large camera.
Andy T
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2011, 01:47:07 PM »

Hi everyone, it's my first post here ,although I've been visiting this board regularly for 5 years and have been a BB fan for 20 years. How lucky we've been to receive such a variety of recent and forthcoming releases of BB and Brian material. I'm going to see Brian on Friday woo-hoo, rear stalls (KK-50 your welcome to say hi if you pass by!), don't care if the view's not great; at least i can say i was in the same room as him.
It's my 4th time I've been able to see Brian live; I've always left feeling grateful and amazed to listen to him perform-but have also felt damn, wish I'd have been able to say thanks to him personally for the wonderful and unique music he has given us; even in some hard times.
Have any of you been lucky enough to meet Brian for a few minutes after any of his concerts?
I'd love to as he's my only musical hero, but guess lots of us would and he probably wants to chill! Let's raise the roof for him each night at the RFH Smokin

Cheers

Andy
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2011, 02:42:48 AM »

Just got back from Brian at Newcastle/Gateshead Sage... OMG!!!!!! Still excited!!! THAT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!

Hey Willy, I was there as well. Shame we didn't meet there. And I agree: it was a great performance. Not just BW and the band, but the venue also was perfect; the sound was great !

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2011, 05:12:30 AM »

Anyone know anything about whether or not there'll be a meet 'n' greet and whether plebs like myself have a shot at meeting Bri and the band?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 06:59:32 AM by Max L » Logged
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2011, 06:55:00 AM »

Yeah, usually there is

Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2011, 08:48:07 AM »

Are there any get togethers after the aftershow's?

The tradition has been the Travel Inn but I haven't heard of anything happening unless I've missed it-it would be good to put some faces to names
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2011, 10:17:45 AM »

I'm sure the usual suspects will foregather in the TI afterwards, although I hear tell Stu & Sue probably aren't attending this time.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2011, 12:01:44 PM »

I'll be heading off to London tomorrow for the shows the day after and the day after that (the result of a poorly planned coach trip).

I'm not going with anyone so I guess before the show I'll just be in the bar sipping on a free 'Good-Ping Pong-Vibrations Martini Bianco' or a 'Rhapsody in Blue-Berry Cognac Martini' Rock!
absinthe_boy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2011, 01:30:09 AM »

I was thinking of hanging out in the bar before the gig, but the Mrs wants to dine at Los Iguanas in the South Bank Centre....fair enough as she's agreed to attend the concert when normally she runs a mile at live amplified music (can't stand the volume).
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2011, 07:12:14 AM »

I'm off to see Brian LIVE tonight for the first time!  Head Spin Head Spin Head Spin Happy Dance Happy Dance Brian, Dennis, & Carl Brian, Dennis, & Carl Thumbs Up Que? Que? Transcendental Meditation Transcendental Meditation Banana Listening
willy
Smiley Smile Associate

Hooga hagga hooga!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2011, 07:35:55 AM »

Dead jealous!!! You'll have a great time!!!  Que? Banana Brian's Trip Head Spin Transcendental Meditation Hello

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2011, 08:47:58 AM »

I'm off to see Brian LIVE tonight for the first time!  Head Spin Head Spin Head Spin Happy Dance Happy Dance Brian, Dennis, & Carl Brian, Dennis, & Carl Thumbs Up Que? Que? Transcendental Meditation Transcendental Meditation Banana Listening

Man, you are gonna have a blast

STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2011, 02:24:36 PM »

Second gig just finished!
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2011, 03:32:27 PM »

Just got back, WOW that was MUCH better than I ever could have expected!  Thumbs Up Brian seemed to be in top form and the band was 'Wonderful'! Heroes and Villains was a massive highlight as was Good Vibrations which was just the greatest thing to be a part of. Smiley Also Scott was amazing doing Sail On Sailor and Darian doing Darlin'. Brian said this was the first time they had done 'Surfer Moon' in 45 years, was this the first or second time he performed it in all that time? Also I normally hate Barbara Ann but it just seems so much better when Brian stands up to play bass on it!! He also performed bass on Fun, Fun, Fun and Surfin Usa', to top it all off the version of Love and Mercy must have been the best performance i've ever heard of that song. I'm so glad I went and if there's any Smiley Smile people who haven't seen this man Live, it is a must as he and his band are excellent. I may change my name to something else because I think I have a new favourite live performer.  Grin
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2011, 04:30:11 PM »

Really is nothing better than a Brian Wilson show..

Truly hope I get to see him again, twice was not enough this year  Undecided

absinthe_boy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2011, 02:49:27 AM »

Oh that was a GREAT show. My Mrs, who isn't more than a casual Beach Boy fan was dancing most of the time and shoting "BRIAN BRIAN BRIAN". The Gershwin set was presented immaculately, Brian was in good voice for all but a few short moments. The rest, you probably know what to expect. Brian was animated, vocally good to excellent and though his banter may be scripted it's delivered with enthusiasm - at least it was last night.

I shot some 677 photos....yes six hundred and seventy seven. Not once did I use a flash (unlike many other audience members).

A great time was had by all, at times the entire RFH was on it's feet dancing.

BTW who was the little girl dancing?
MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2011, 07:21:48 AM »

Just got back from London. Wow, both shows I saw were inredible. Some great surprises on the setlist too (I posted the 16/9 one in the Concert Reviews section). I'm a little down that "In My Room" was cut, but since it seemed to make way for "The Surfer Moon" (ha) I'm not too displeased.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx