gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681028 Posts in 27628 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 16, 2024, 09:49:49 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson Smog Comments  (Read 1968 times)
joe_blow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2011, 07:30:10 PM »

I came across this on youtube and was wondering if anyone has any info as to when this aired etc.

Interesting last line:

"If it doesn't subside I'm going to call the cops."
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 08:14:08 PM »

I'm not sure that it aired anywhere..I have it on a smile boot that not only features that but a bunch of other "talking" stuff including jokes and skits an other weird stuff including the "I''ve got a bag full of vegatables" song that was on the hawthorne c.d. and the skit where hal blaine is telling brian to keep off his property from the same hawthorne cd..so I'm assuming the smog thing comes from the same sessions..I could be wrong though..the cd is interesting although kind of boring,,,
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 08:15:28 PM by joshferrell » Logged
puni puni
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 08:30:56 PM »

Man don't tell me that the smog ramble was a joke...
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 08:47:30 PM »

Man don't tell me that the smog ramble was a joke...
well they have a skit on the cd where Brian falls into a microphone and they are trying ot get him out...another skit where he falls into a piano and everytime they pluck a note he acts like the hammers are hitting him I guess they settled for a skit where someone falls into a french horn  lol...so it wouldn't surprise me if it WAS a joke..
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 08:48:36 PM by joshferrell » Logged
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 07:29:52 AM »

All I know is that David Leaf's liner notes for the Smiley Smile / Wild Honey twofer imply that it was recorded during Smile, and the first time the public heard it was in 1995 as a "bonus track" on Leggo My Ego.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 08:26:17 AM »

One of my favorite Brian moments came on a brief tv interview with Mike & Brian, done by the Santa Monica Pier, which I unfortunately didn't manage to record.  It was sometime in the early eighties, and Brian said something to the effect of, 'Yeah, I'm really into, what's that called - cosmetology???', whereupon Mike rolled his eyes heavenward, and said, "No, Brian, it's ecology!"   Totally priceless moment, and totally Brian!
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 09:26:14 AM »

One of my favorite Brian moments came on a brief tv interview with Mike & Brian, done by the Santa Monica Pier, which I unfortunately didn't manage to record.  It was sometime in the early eighties, and Brian said something to the effect of, 'Yeah, I'm really into, what's that called - cosmetology???', whereupon Mike rolled his eyes heavenward, and said, "No, Brian, it's ecology!"   Totally priceless moment, and totally Brian!
lol..that's funny.. LOL
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx