gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681512 Posts in 27640 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 10, 2024, 01:08:41 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: In The Key Of Disney  (Read 137025 times)
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #600 on: September 23, 2011, 03:48:03 AM »

I actually liked a lot of his earlier posts, but there was a point where he seriously crossed the line. As fun as it was for a while i'm looking forward to the more mature discussion i've came to love this board for. Boobs.
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: September 23, 2011, 04:08:41 AM »

« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 04:10:10 AM by buddhahat » Logged

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Paulos
« Reply #602 on: September 23, 2011, 04:09:14 AM »

I'm not kicked sideways by the tune, but Brian's vocal on "Colors of the Wind" is a jaw-dropper.

Just listening now and Andrew is right, this has to be Brians best vocal since the 60s.
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: September 23, 2011, 04:53:53 AM »

i THINK gHOST had some serious issues and you could see from the pattern of the posts that attention was required. Being offensive for offensive's sake is cool for a while but offend enough and it is enough!!

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 23, 2011, 05:00:15 AM »

I'm not kicked sideways by the tune, but Brian's vocal on "Colors of the Wind" is a jaw-dropper.

Just listening now and Andrew is right, this has to be Brians best vocal since the 60s.

I don't think so at all. It's a surprisingly good vocal performance as far as I can tell (only heard it a couple of times at youtube) but BW did lots of lead vocals throughout at least the 70s and 80s that were much more expressive than this, even when his voice was seriously shot.
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: September 23, 2011, 05:15:08 AM »

obviously Melinda ruling her kingdom like the queen of Wilson

Source, please.

Brian Wilson doesn't release music to release art. He releases music to get a pay check. He personally probably doesn't give a sh*t as long as he's got enough money to continue living in comfort. But he's out there doing all these sh*t to make money for his empire. Women rule the empire because they care about trivial things. Man is in the clouds rolling with God, every man is a Christ waiting to flower into full manifestation. Brian is a Buddha and a Saint. He's just out there working - what they do is all for the dollar. They have a team of bankers who tell them what kind of stuff will sell to the most people - the masses - the people who will see a Disney album and just buy it, for the kids or whatever. Nothing too weird Brian, we want to sell some units this time.

Uh. Source much?

This made me laugh so hard I almost chocked to death! I'm sure everybody realizes that both of these posters are the same person. Classic!  LOL

Not that it matters or anything, but just to set the record straight lest anyone believe your claim, you're wrong.  What does "Source much?" even mean?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 05:17:33 AM by LostArt » Logged
Paulos
« Reply #606 on: September 23, 2011, 06:43:50 AM »

I don't think so at all. It's a surprisingly good vocal performance as far as I can tell (only heard it a couple of times at youtube) but BW did lots of lead vocals throughout at least the 70s and 80s that were much more expressive than this, even when his voice was seriously shot.

Thats cool, but I just feel that Brian has not sounded this good in a long, long time in terms of both expression and tone.
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: September 23, 2011, 06:52:33 AM »

Yeah, I think a lot of my being impressed with some of the album is his vocals and not so much the arrangements and whatnot, which are awfully uninteresting. Songs on the album that I truly like and would stand up to repeated listens for me are "Baby Mine", "Kiss The Girl", "Colors Of The Wind" (his voice!), "Stay Awake", the Snow White medley, and "When You Wish Upon A Star". The rest range from unremarkable to kinda bad. "I Just Can't Wait To Be King" is such a missed opportunity too: the decidedly un-rocking vocals, the wimpiest use of the Bo Diddley beat ever, etc.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 23, 2011, 07:36:55 AM »

I had some of my best real-life laughs from reading his posts. I agree that the most important thing is to know that humor like ghost's is a condiment, not the main course. Who wants to eat a bowl full of pepper and ketchup? Not me. But RIP ghost, all the same.

Per ITKOD, I just like it more and more with each listen. Perfect for autumn weather too!
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 23, 2011, 07:48:22 AM »

Yes it is definitely the vocals I like best about this album.  Smiley
summerinparadise.flac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 23, 2011, 08:33:22 AM »

Some of the vocals are great, the Imagination-esque arrangements are not.

"I'll haunt you like a ghost"
-Brian Wilson, the Ruby song from Party.

Please support the Beach Boys without being a rude dude or grumpy gus.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: September 23, 2011, 08:40:35 AM »

Dare I mention that a thread took a nasty turn? Roll Eyes   
Jason
« Reply #612 on: September 23, 2011, 08:56:19 AM »

Well...I had the same reaction to this that I had for TLOS. Indifference, disdain, then slow acceptance.
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #613 on: September 23, 2011, 09:01:01 AM »

I liked ghost. I understand why his comments over the last couple of days offended people but, you know, there are valuable members of this forum whose comments offend me, but I just get over it usually. Perhaps an ignore feature would come in handy...I don't know if you have that on thsi forum, i've seen it on other forums, though.

I don't think he should have been banned.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 23, 2011, 09:03:00 AM »

Dare I mention that a thread took a nasty turn? Roll Eyes   

No.  When did that happen?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
jeffcdo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: September 23, 2011, 09:11:19 AM »

There's a schmaltz factor to the Disney album that I'm finding hard to get over.  "Disney" doesn't have to be synonymous with "no edge" (see Hal Wilner's "Stay Awake" 1988).
puni puni
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 23, 2011, 09:23:47 AM »

he shouldn't have, most of what he posted was on-topic, but then somebody would take issue with something trite and point it out like it's a big deal. sadly, ghosty would then turn to hypocrisy by acting on his ego instead of not caring; that's how everything derailed to crap.

but acute sensitivity is inevitable on a forum like this so... what can you tell them, what can you say that won't make them defensive?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #617 on: September 23, 2011, 09:31:43 AM »

Some of the vocals are great, the Imagination-esque arrangements are not.

'Xactly.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
send me a picture and i'll tell you
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 23, 2011, 09:37:08 AM »

I liked ghost. I understand why his comments over the last couple of days offended people but, you know, there are valuable members of this forum whose comments offend me, but I just get over it usually. Perhaps an ignore feature would come in handy...I don't know if you have that on thsi forum, i've seen it on other forums, though.

What he said.

Ghost claimed to be suicidal.  For all anyone knows, it could be true.  To encourage someone like that to try harder next time is internet bullying in its worst form-- where would one get the idea that that's a good thing to say to someone?!  Would you say that to a member of your own family who is having problems??  Would you want someone to say that to you, if you were considering taking your own life?  That is the most judgmental, herd-driven, primitive, disgusting, childish and unempathetic behavior possible.   Fortunately, ghost at least knew those people were just being jerks.  But what goes around comes around...

I feel like the big hairy black man who showed up at the emotions costume party (where people were to show up dressed as an emotion) nude with his penis suspended in a bowl of pudding, and the host, shocked, asked what his costume was.  The reply: "I'm f*ckin' disgusted."

I'll explain it if necessary...  Smokin
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 09:40:28 AM by Bill Larson » Logged

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

We have a little extra meat onstage. The audience can feel it.   --Al Jardine

pLeAsUrE iSlAnD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jason
« Reply #619 on: September 23, 2011, 09:45:49 AM »

He was doing it for attention. Mommy and daddy didn't give him enough so he solicited it from a bunch of strangers. I dare say he got off lightly with his treatment here - most other forums' memberships rip into such obvious attention whores with far greater intent and effect. The guy was out for attention. Period. No ifs, ands, or buts. The world will still keep on rolling along and the forum will still be here.

We're not a bunch of shrinks. We're Beach Boys fans. Most of us probably need them!  LOL
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 23, 2011, 10:15:39 AM »

I have to say, the more I listen, the less I hear any "Imagination" like quality to the tracks. Yes, there's some slickness, but I don't hear synths, I don't hear flowery acoustic guitar interludes, I don't hear a weird tinny mix. If anything, it sounds rougher than the Gershwin tracks did -- that is, under-produced rather than overproduced.

-----

As for ghost, a quick note ... eh, fugghedaboutit.
jeffcdo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 23, 2011, 10:25:35 AM »

Internet troll!  It's 2011 people.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #622 on: September 23, 2011, 10:59:14 AM »

What he said.

Ghost claimed to be suicidal.  For all anyone knows, it could be true.  To encourage someone like that to try harder next time is internet bullying in its worst form-- where would one get the idea that that's a good thing to say to someone?!  Would you say that to a member of your own family who is having problems??  Would you want someone to say that to you, if you were considering taking your own life?  That is the most judgmental, herd-driven, primitive, disgusting, childish and unempathetic behavior possible.   Fortunately, ghost at least knew those people were just being jerks.  But what goes around comes around...

I feel like the big hairy black man who showed up at the emotions costume party (where people were to show up dressed as an emotion) nude with his penis suspended in a bowl of pudding, and the host, shocked, asked what his costume was.  The reply: "I'm f*ckin' disgusted."

I come here to discuss the BB, not wade thigh-deep through a flood of juvenile gibberish - Sandbox is that way.  Guy was an asshole, good riddance. Hitler was responsible for the Beetle, autobahns and rocket propulsion - that make him an OK guy ? Don't think so, especially if you have my ancestry.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 23, 2011, 11:06:17 AM »

What he said.

I come here to discuss the BB, not wade thigh-deep through a flood of juvenile gibberish - Sandbox is that way.  Guy was an butthole, good riddance. Hitler was responsible for the Beetle, autobahns and rocket propulsion - that make him an OK guy ? Don't think so, especially if you have my ancestry.
I think I proved myself to be a true smiley smile member by going against ghost's insane rants day in and day out. The guy was plain annoying and offensive to everybody

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 23, 2011, 11:08:47 AM »

That being said, I can understand that an album with "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" and "Colors of the Wind" on it will have an adult contemporary air -- those songs would give off that vibe if they were performed by Metallica.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 35 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx