gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680878 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 02:30:33 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Actor Suggestions For Brian Biopic.........  (Read 4948 times)
originals
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2011, 10:05:11 AM »

Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 10:13:05 AM »

I think the "actor suggestion" threads and related posts regarding BB's/Brian biopics have got to be my least favorite thing... other than Mike singing "Imagine."
originals
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 10:16:33 AM »

Embarrassed

Just tryin' to have a little fun, Jon.
By the way - i LOVE your books!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 10:18:59 AM by originals » Logged
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 10:23:43 AM »

Embarrassed

Thanks. You go ahead and have fun, and I'll just cringe a little. "Imagin' all the people...livin' life in peace."
originals
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 10:25:13 AM »

Embarrassed

Thanks. You go ahead and have fun, and I'll just cringe a little. "Imagin' all the people...livin' life in peace."

Grin
originals
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 10:28:27 AM »

By the way, Jon - - I just finished reading your David Marks book and the way you ended it was so brilliant and touching, I was practically in tears. I love the way you made the whole story come full circle with the memory of David watching Brian work out the musical harmonies from the record albums.
I am just completing a book about the life of Gene Simmons - and your ending to the book made me go back and revise my own ending because what you did was SO effective. So thank you for that!
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 11:55:25 AM »

By the way, Jon - - I just finished reading your David Marks book and the way you ended it was so brilliant and touching, I was practically in tears. I love the way you made the whole story come full circle with the memory of David watching Brian work out the musical harmonies from the record albums.
I am just completing a book about the life of Gene Simmons - and your ending to the book made me go back and revise my own ending because what you did was SO effective. So thank you for that!
Thanks for the feedback, and sorry to anyone who hates derailed threads. Good luck with your Gene project...a very interesting guy. I had the pleasure of spending a bit of time with Gene in his home last year, and he was incredibly gracious and generous. He sent me home with an armload of Kiss swag for my kids...including some really nice signed stuff. He also took the time to play me some rare demo stuff from the earliest days, plus his Van Halen demos. I'm not what you'd call a big fan of Kiss, and I doubt Gene and I have much in common(although our daughters have the same name)...but damn...he was really kind, and fascinating to chat with!
originals
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 12:00:17 PM »

Thanks for the feedback, and sorry to anyone who hates derailed threads. Good luck with your Gene project...a very interesting guy. I had the pleasure of spending a bit of time with Gene in his home last year, and he was incredibly gracious and generous. He sent me home with an armload of Kiss swag for my kids...including some really nice signed stuff. He also took the time to play me some rare demo stuff from the earliest days, plus his Van Halen demos. I'm not what you'd call a big fan of Kiss, and I doubt Gene and I have much in common(although our daughters have the same name)...but damn...he was really kind, and fascinating to chat with!

I think of Gene and Brian being similar in that they both went to a place of fantasy to deal with childhood traumas.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 12:02:33 PM »

Did Gene help you with your new tome? ( The Beach Boys FAQ )

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 12:27:39 PM »

plus his Van Halen demos.

What? Brow

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 12:38:38 PM »

Simmons produced pre-record contract demos for Van Halen in '76, recorded at Village in L.A. and Electric Ladyland in NY. They sound real good.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 12:43:12 PM »

Whoa! Had no idea...that'd be great to listen to.

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 12:48:14 PM »

kevin smith?Huh johnny depp??!!!  depp would be an ok 1980s brian.  emile hirsch and jeff bridges to round it out.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 12:51:51 PM by Runaways » Logged
D409
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2011, 12:59:52 PM »

Simmons produced pre-record contract demos for Van Halen in '76, recorded at Village in L.A. and Electric Ladyland in NY. They sound real good.
Do they sound pretty much like the finished article ? The first 3 or 4 Van Halen albums are very simply and effectively recorded.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2011, 01:10:17 PM »

Do they sound pretty much like the finished article ? The first 3 or 4 Van Halen albums are very simply and effectively recorded.
Yeah pretty much like what came on those first albums, but perhaps a bigger bottom end sound, maybe more balls and less polish.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011, 02:25:41 PM »

Alec Baldwin could do the BW of the last decade.
Zach Galifianakas could do the holland era through the bed era.
Tim Matheson could do the Landy/1st solo lp era Brian. No. Really.

Not sure about the early BW or the SMiLE Brian.

Sorry Jon.  Couldn't resist this silliness.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 04:17:55 PM »

Zach Galifianakas could do the holland era through the bed era.

I'd be down for that. Would suck if they tried to make this a super serious ultra dramatic drama film.

No mas, por favor.
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 06:19:19 PM »

kevin smith?Huh johnny depp??!!!  depp would be an ok 1980s brian.  emile hirsch and jeff bridges to round it out.

If anything, Emile Hirsch should play Dennis - he already looks so much like him, more than he looks like Brian anyways.

I'd rather have a lesser known actor play Brian, someone who can really disappear into the role.  I feel like an Alec Baldwin or Zach Galifianakis would be too distracting.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2011, 06:27:44 PM »

Ralph Wiggum to play teenage Brian.....and possibly SMiLE era Brian.

John Hamm to play every other time period of Brian's life....only for the mere fact that he doesn't even remotely resemble Brian in any way whatsoever.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 06:31:40 PM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2011, 10:44:23 PM »

... other than Mike singing "Imagine."
Really, Jon?  What about Stamos singing "Forever"Huh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwFthostwSk&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZQF_bYwQQY&feature=related
I can't believe how I remember Stamos as a 'soap' opera 'star',
hanging on Dennis', while Dennis blew him off!  Somehow he migrated
over to Mike, who still loves exploiting him, to get them exposure...
aerolls
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2011, 12:43:29 AM »

Alec Baldwin could do the BW of the last decade.

I always saw Alec Baldwin as Brian Wilson. He so could do it. The only problem his age. But he's got the acting chops to pull it off. His performance would do Brian proud!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2011, 01:19:29 AM »

Crispin Glover could do a decent 1988-92 "landy era" Brian. Alec Baldwin could probably pull  off a decent "fat 1995 era" Brian. Jeff Bridges could do a killer bearded "1980-83 era" Dennis.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
dmcguire70
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2011, 04:11:38 PM »

A lot of those Van Halen demos are on you tube and sound fantastic!

"I loaned you money when the funds weren't too cool"

"The ocean scares me."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1976
dmcguire70
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2011, 04:16:53 PM »

I think Russell Crowe would be a perfect candidate to play the part of an abusive early 60"s Murray Wilson,and I totally agree about Alec "the organ" Baldwin as an older Brian.

"I loaned you money when the funds weren't too cool"

"The ocean scares me."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1976
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2011, 09:24:09 PM »

Brian = Kermit the Frog
Mike = Fozzie Bear
Dennis = Animal

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print