gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680790 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 04:05:08 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love was right about everything.  (Read 10735 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2011, 05:12:08 PM »

And I should probably qualify: my favorite BBs era was Surfin Safari through Pet Sounds, but my favorite album is , by far, Holland.

Brian is my favorite Beach Boy

My top two Beach Boys songs are Goin On and Getcha Back (that ought to say something in and of itself)

I think Dennis is the greatest solo artist in history.

Carl is the greatest singer in history

Mike/Brian are one of the most important songwriting/co-lead singing teams in music history.

Greatest band of all-time: THE BEACH BOYS

To me, "Goin' On" is one of the most underrated songs the group has ever done (minus the sax solo -_- ); glad to see someone give it its proper due!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
oldsurferdude
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2011, 05:25:04 PM »

......... for liking him. Lyricist, bass singer, lead singer, yes. Frontman, no.

Pirate High Five Rock! Love Happy Dance Kiss w00t! Thumbs Up Hello Hug Serenade

Roll Eyes
forgot to edit the first 2 lines of your post. Proceed.
rogerlancelot
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2011, 08:26:28 PM »

And I should probably qualify: my favorite BBs era was Surfin Safari through Pet Sounds, but my favorite album is , by far, Holland.

Brian is my favorite Beach Boy

My top two Beach Boys songs are Goin On and Getcha Back (that ought to say something in and of itself)

I think Dennis is the greatest solo artist in history.

Carl is the greatest singer in history

Mike/Brian are one of the most important songwriting/co-lead singing teams in music history.

Greatest band of all-time: THE BEACH BOYS

To me, "Goin' On" is one of the most underrated songs the group has ever done (minus the sax solo -_- ); glad to see someone give it its proper due!

That is why the Beach Boys deserve at the very least a PG-13 rating: a lot of sax and violins. Please say that out loud.....
ukulelejesus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2011, 12:51:24 AM »

Let's face it. That's the current consensus of the board. You all want to be so iconoclastic so bad that you let the poles shift under your own watch! Our discussions have transitioned from praising "Brian, the psychedelic genius", to hailing "Mike, the logistic leader" (because Brian got played out). Screw that. Y'all have lost your minds. Take a deep breath and reassess the situation.
If a dude can make you angry enough that you amrry his daughter, who is, coincidentally your cousin, in order to get back at him, then that dude must be doing something seriously wrong to piss people off like that.

I'm a beardly Brianista, but singling out Mike Love for being a douche bag in the Beach Boys is kind of unfair considering the sh*t the rest of the Beach Boys did. They were a group of insane persons, mostly related, into way too many drugs, high on their egos, fucking everything that ever moved ever, drinking themselves to death and breathing in cocaine like air, fucking each other's wives, suing each other, recording Kokomo, you;re out of the band buckwheat! The Beach Boys were all stellar douche bags. god-tier assholes. Even Brian.

Especially Brian.

But he's the genius, and almost every idea Mike Love has ever had that didn't involve facial hair was a terrible idea. Especially if the idea involved either music, or clothes. So I think that counts for something in Brian's favor.

Over and over the crow cries uncover the lifehouse lifehouse lifehouse
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2011, 02:44:28 PM »

though I may disagree a tad with your last sentence: you nailed it big time and enough to put some serious merda to rest  Smiley
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2011, 02:47:54 PM »

If a dude can make you angry enough that you amrry his daughter, who is, coincidentally your cousin, in order to get back at him, then that dude must be doing something seriously wrong to piss people off like that.

I'm a beardly Brianista, but singling out Mike Love for being a douche bag in the Beach Boys is kind of unfair considering the sh*t the rest of the Beach Boys did. They were a group of insane persons, mostly related, into way too many drugs, high on their egos, friggin' everything that ever moved ever, drinking themselves to death and breathing in cocaine like air, friggin' each other's wives, suing each other, recording Kokomo, you;re out of the band buckwheat! The Beach Boys were all stellar douche bags. god-tier buttholes. Even Brian.

Especially Brian.

But he's the genius, and almost every idea Mike Love has ever had that didn't involve facial hair was a terrible idea. Especially if the idea involved either music, or clothes. So I think that counts for something in Brian's favor.

This should be inscribed in their Hawthorne memorial...or whatever it is. LOL

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2011, 03:10:44 PM »

They screwed each other's wives?  Really?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2011, 04:15:53 PM »

There's a BW interview where he talks about Dennis biblically knowing 'Carls wife, Al's wife, Mike's wife, my wife...." springs to mind. From early 2000'sish

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2011, 04:48:50 PM »

Huh. I don't remember reading that. I can imagine if Dennis was involved, but not the others - not even Mike.

Better go read the gaines book again......

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2011, 04:54:04 PM »

Huh. I don't remember reading that. I can imagine if Dennis was involved, but not the others - not even Mike.

Better go read the Gaines book again......
First thing I did when I became a fan was to read the Gaines book so i get the "learning" about rumored dirty gossip on the band out of the way. I then read the Brian bio by Carlin so i could get some real information about Brian and the group.  
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 06:00:43 PM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2011, 05:56:15 PM »

Hell, they need to have a copy of Gains book on a chain at the Beach Boys historical monument!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx