gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:12:57 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lei'd In Hawaii  (Read 15279 times)
Jason
« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2011, 08:13:24 AM »

1. One of the Hawaii shows is mixed down to mono. Does this mean multitracks of that show exist in the vaults at this time? I'd guess "yes".

Multitracks of both shows presumably exist, although, if I remember correctly, the mono mix of the 8/25 show as bootlegged is missing Sloop John B.

That's what I thought as well, and what that leads to is asking how these Hawaii shows escaped the Sea Of Tunes releases when the other live shows done in a similar way for "official" releases were found in the vaults.

The folks at SOT didn't bootleg everything that was involved in the so-called "American Band" issue, although I'd wager a good amount of the high-quality stuff booted in recent memory was from that stockpile of copied tapes. I'd say the Hawaii shows would be part of that.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2011, 08:21:52 AM »

1. One of the Hawaii shows is mixed down to mono. Does this mean multitracks of that show exist in the vaults at this time? I'd guess "yes".

Multitracks of both shows presumably exist, although, if I remember correctly, the mono mix of the 8/25 show as bootlegged is missing Sloop John B.

That's what I thought as well, and what that leads to is asking how these Hawaii shows escaped the Sea Of Tunes releases when the other live shows done in a similar way for "official" releases were found in the vaults.

The folks at SOT didn't bootleg everything that was involved in the so-called "American Band" issue, although I'd wager a good amount of the high-quality stuff booted in recent memory was from that stockpile of copied tapes. I'd say the Hawaii shows would be part of that.

You raise an interesting point that ties in with my question about the one Hawaii show in mono, and the other in stereo: SOT was hastily mixed while being copied from the multitracks, and that also allowed for "stereo" mixes of various albums. I'm guessing the Hawaii show mixed to mono wasn't part of the same supply of tapes, though I could be way off. If anything I'd guess the Michigan '66 and Hawaii '67 would be in the same place as "official" live recordings originally slated for release, so why not have the multis of Hawaii alongside Michigan and the rest? And why include the Heider re-records and not that one Hawaii show anywhere else?

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Jason
« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2011, 11:22:08 AM »

It's called having an insurance policy for future bootlegs. Smiley
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2011, 09:16:30 AM »

It seems the release of anything soon is pretty low...

Sorry, I only speak English.

This is in reference to a low release.
roll plymouth rock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2011, 03:37:58 PM »

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,10032.0.html

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx