gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680739 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 03:24:43 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Father the Hero  (Read 2084 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« on: July 02, 2011, 09:12:21 PM »

This track was originally cut back in 2003; however I cleaned up the sound earlier today...never sounded clearer! (The original was on a cassette tape). The part at the end was a sample from a conversation my dad and I had 3 months before he passed away. He's been gone 8 years but I still miss him. Been thinking a lot about him lately...happens once faced with your own mortality, I guess.

This will  be on our upcoming release, "Family Heat", which hopefully will be on sale soon....

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=690854

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 03:16:09 AM »

Nice bit of electronica! Looking forward to the record  Grin

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 12:53:47 PM »

I wasn't a fan of the sounds themselves or the drum sound or part, which made me think of what I think of as cheesy "classical music set to rock beat for PBS specials" kind of music ... but what made me get over that was the great music. Love the phrases, which played with tonality and time. Some surprised me with unexpected phrase lengths, other times diatonic runs would have great little skips or steps outside of the assumed key. Really enjoyed the piece.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 11:01:48 PM »

Thanks dude...I probably should re-record it, as it was done in 2003 (right after my dad passed) and I'm more experienced since then,  but on the other hand it was about feel. One of the few tracks I've ever written in 3/4 time.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx