gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681290 Posts in 27630 Topics by 4081 Members - Latest Member: zappi June 01, 2024, 06:06:02 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kevin Leslie  (Read 23556 times)
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2011, 04:35:59 AM »

What was Kevin's role with Landy and how did he interact with Brian? I was very young when this went down so i am wondering what was the information on Kevin during the Landy years.

After Landy was required by the court to get the hell out of Brian's life in late 1991, guess who continued to live with Brian for almost another year...

I know it was Kevin Leslie.  Do you know anything about his time with Brian, or has he ever talked about it?

Nope - it's like he's vanished off the face of the earth. As was noted before, that would be one hell of an interview.

Any idea what happened to all the video he took of Brian during his time with Landy?

I'm guessing Alexandra still has it, if it's not been trashed.

Has she ever talked about her time with Brian?  I am guessing none of these people would talk about it for fear of being arrested.
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2011, 12:06:29 PM »

Leslie also took the "Great Hotel Video", didn't he? With Brian, Bruce, Foskett, and Stamos?

I thought I remember hearing that while he was in the room, he was not the one that shot the video that many have seen, rather it was someone's girlfriend.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2011, 12:25:53 PM »

Well, there was a thread on the subject recently, and I told somebody that it was Stamos who shot the video. I just assumed that he put the camera down and turned it on, but then realized he was in the video a lot Off to the side) so he probably didn't shoot it. I think it was AGD who corrected me and said it was Leslie who shot it. Never heard it was anybody's girlfriend before.

Doesn't matter who shot the video - I'd just like at least a second generation copy of it! Who knows where the original tape is....

The Malibu house tour is the good one.  Anybody have a copy, please PM me, OK??

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2011, 12:37:15 PM »

Googling, I came up with this site, where the employment field would make it appear it's the same person( not saying it's definite, but it could be): 

http://www.choopersguide.com/find-addiction-treatment/kevin-s-leslie-granbury-texas.html

Anyone know what his voice sounds like?  The phone number listed at that link is Dr. Leslie's, I got his voicemail.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2011, 12:55:34 PM »

Googling, I came up with this site, where the employment field would make it appear it's the same person( not saying it's definite, but it could be): 

http://www.choopersguide.com/find-addiction-treatment/kevin-s-leslie-granbury-texas.html

Anyone know what his voice sounds like?  The phone number listed at that link is Dr. Leslie's, I got his voicemail.

I figure it's a shot in the dark; maybe he COULD be a doctor? or calls himself one...

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2011, 01:03:38 PM »

I figure it's a shot in the dark; maybe he COULD be a doctor? or calls himself one...

Yeah, just curious if it really is him.  Would be interesting to know.
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2011, 01:46:10 PM »

And if it is him, lets grab Stan and Rocky and go and pay him a visit.........
WaxOn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2011, 03:04:39 PM »

Boy, am I glad there's nobody with my name connected with Brian.
Not like Kevin Leslie is a really unusual name.
Looking at LinkedIn I see 2 possible guys about the right age, one is working at a college campus in the SF area, the other is Professor of Pathology at the Mayo in AZ http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=116622823&authType=NAME_SEARCH&authToken=efld&locale=en_US&srchid=d58e58c9-17c5-4324-9ba3-86e004231147-4&srchindex=2&srchtotal=134&goback=.fps_PBCK_kevin+leslie_

I would really assume that he'd be retired by now?
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2011, 03:11:51 PM »

Or some Brianista already took him out

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2011, 12:31:04 AM »

Looking at LinkedIn I see 2 possible guys about the right age, one is working at a college campus in the SF area, the other is Professor of Pathology at the Mayo in AZ http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=116622823&authType=NAME_SEARCH&authToken=efld&locale=en_US&srchid=d58e58c9-17c5-4324-9ba3-86e004231147-4&srchindex=2&srchtotal=134&goback=.fps_PBCK_kevin+leslie_

The Texas guy, however, is Kevin S. Leslie, which is a step towards him being the 'right' one.

Retired ? He'd be 50 at most.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2011, 04:28:31 AM »

There are hundreds of Kevin Leslie in Facebook.  Could be worth a try.
Where can I see a photo of how he looked like back then? Is he in the In My Car video?

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2011, 05:16:22 AM »

Best I can do - scan from the pseudobiography.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2011, 05:42:34 AM »

The Texas guy, however, is Kevin S. Leslie, which is a step towards him being the 'right' one.

Is his voice available anywhere online?  We could compare it to his voicemail.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2011, 05:44:57 AM »

I suppose that means he didn't return your call?

Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2011, 05:51:03 AM »

I didn't leave a message.  I can't imagine him returning a message in regards to Brian Wilson if he is in fact the correct guy, unless it was very complimentary towards him.  I guess I could pose as a college student trying to write a paper about custom solutions towards patients and say that from my research it sounds like he & Landy did a great job, and I would love to get his thoughts.  Only problem is the only research that would support that is Landy's.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2011, 06:01:33 AM »

I didn't leave a message.  I can't imagine him returning a message in regards to Brian Wilson if he is in fact the correct guy, unless it was very complimentary towards him.  I guess I could pose as a college student trying to write a paper about custom solutions towards patients and say that from my research it sounds like he & Landy did a great job, and I would love to get his thoughts.  Only problem is the only research that would support that is Landy's.

You could be right about responding, but who knows?  I just left a pretty straightforward message in that regard; (an off the cuff message, not thought out beforehand) I said I hoped he would respond at least to say whether he's the same person as the one that worked with Brian and Gene Landy.  Now I wait. 

earcandy
Smiley Smile Associate

"Humor, too, is one of His creations."

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2011, 07:35:25 AM »

You could be right about responding, but who knows?  I just left a pretty straightforward message in that regard; (an off the cuff message, not thought out beforehand) I said I hoped he would respond at least to say whether he's the same person as the one that worked with Brian and Gene Landy.  Now I wait. 
The Kevin S Leslie in  Granbury, Texas is a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor - so the odds are high that this could be the guy.  However, he might change his number with all these calls to his answering machine!   Razz

AGD: "For foder's sake don't encourage him !"
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2011, 07:47:03 AM »

Mr. Leslie, I am in the recording industry and play the footsteps, I was originally inspired to begin playing footsteps based on your work on the Brian Wilson LP from 1988.  I am working on an album of all footsteps and was wondering if you would be interested in guesting on my album?
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2011, 08:54:46 AM »

Even if you find him, I'm pretty sure Leslie isn't going to grant any interviews or discuss Brian Wilson.

Is he credited on any of Brian's music along with Landy and Alexandria Morgan? Can't remember any, but he may have contributed a lyric or two. He was living all around the music every day for a few years.

Wonder if he still ties his hair back in a pony tail......

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2011, 09:06:14 AM »

Even if you find him, I'm pretty sure Leslie isn't going to grant any interviews or discuss Brian Wilson.

Is he credited on any of Brian's music along with Landy and Alexandria Morgan? Can't remember any, but he may have contributed a lyric or two. He was living all around the music every day for a few years.

Wonder if he still ties his hair back in a pony tail......

He is credited with footsteps on BW88, no songwriting credits though.
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2011, 10:32:06 AM »

Evan Landy?

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/23249_1527673424_8627_n.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.facebook.com/pianoteacherevan&usg=__CZ95FDqqtzCwLEGGaXstHaOC2eA=&h=316&w=180&sz=11&hl=en&start=13&zoom=1&tbnid=7PoiqlN_MiSuCM:&tbnh=117&tbnw=67&ei=5ZsUTovBMe2ksQK9xeDUDw&prev=/search%3Fq%3Devan%2Bg%2Blandy%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1600%26bih%3D758%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1

Edit: Nevermind, not him
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 10:35:40 AM by Parks Asher » Logged
earcandy
Smiley Smile Associate

"Humor, too, is one of His creations."

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2011, 10:39:42 AM »

Mr. Leslie, I am in the recording industry and play the footsteps, I was originally inspired to begin playing footsteps based on your work on the Brian Wilson LP from 1988.  I am working on an album of all footsteps and was wondering if you would be interested in guesting on my album?
No, you ask him to PRODUCE your footsteps album!  A portion of the profits will go to rehab centers... Razz

AGD: "For foder's sake don't encourage him !"
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2011, 10:46:41 AM »

No, you ask him to PRODUCE your footsteps album!  A portion of the profits will go to rehab centers... Razz

I will ask him to executive produce it, and he can video the whole recording process....of course I made that up and didn't leave a message for him, though it would have been fun.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2011, 10:49:46 AM »

ParksAsher, have you read this book?  There's two volumes - this is one of them:

http://www.beachboys.com/booksI.html#mcparland

STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2011, 08:25:27 PM »

Best I can do - scan from the pseudobiography.

Thanks, great!
So I'm gonna look for a bald guy with glasses.

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx