gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 11:45:11 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kevin Leslie  (Read 23372 times)
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2011, 05:15:13 AM »

ParksAsher, have you read this book?  There' two volumes - this is one of them:

http://www.beachboys.com/booksI.html#mcparland

Yes, I have that one, I don't have the second volume, why?
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2011, 07:17:16 AM »

Just wonderin'.  Lotsa stuff about the Landy era in there.  Good book(s).

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2011, 07:35:10 AM »

Just wonderin'.  Lotsa stuff about the Landy era in there.  Good book().

How is the second volume, and is it available anywhere for purchase?
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2011, 07:51:36 AM »

The one you'd be looking for, a compliment to the first one, has a pink cover. The two volumes were conolidated into one around 1993 I think. It looks like it might be out of print now, but maybe the publisher knows where to get one. Steve McParland is a real good guy, and I'll bet he could round you up a copy.

http://www.garyusher.com/cmusic.html

Somebody here may have Steve's direct e-mail address - don't have it on me right now.....
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 07:57:58 AM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Bittersweet-Sanity
Smiley Smile Associate

Busy Doin' Nothing

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2014, 03:03:20 PM »

I sent Landy a message saying I'm a fan of B.W. & his father. Hopefully he'll reply. Brains & Genius ftw!  No sarcasm intended (maybe at the time of posting but not anymore)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 07:35:48 PM by Ghost_of_Dr._Landy » Logged

"It looks like I'm going to have to go bananas all by myself." -B.W.

"Dr. Landy and Brian Wilson are right out of a storybook." -Brian Wilson

"So maybe Beach Boys fans are stupid and we can dismiss the whole thing. But maybe that's a pretty snotty attitude to take; maybe something is happening here that we just ought to know about" -Paul Williams

"Brian is an enigma, a leprechaun," said rhythm guitarist Al Jardine.

"There ain't a rocketship powerfull enough to be able to blast Jeff's fat ass into space."-Mike's Beard
Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2014, 03:10:41 PM »

Found Kevin S. Leslie on facebook https://www.facebook.com/kevin.s.leslie?fref=pb&hc_location=friends_tab He's friends w/ Evan Landy https://www.facebook.com/evan.landy?fref=ufi

I sent Landy a message saying I'm a fan of B.W. & his father. Hopefully he'll reply. Brains & Genius ftw!  Razz
Well...
Do tell us when you get a reply.

Tip Toe

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2014, 03:25:55 PM »

Found Kevin S. Leslie on facebook https://www.facebook.com/kevin.s.leslie?fref=pb&hc_location=friends_tab He's friends w/ Evan Landy https://www.facebook.com/evan.landy?fref=ufi

I sent Landy a message saying I'm a fan of B.W. & his father. Hopefully he'll reply. Brains & Genius ftw!  Razz

Hmm this is interesting. I dont do Facebook so please keep us posted.

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
Howie Edelson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2014, 03:33:02 PM »

I conducted a massive interview with Alexandra Morgan (several hours long) for an upcoming project.
According to her, all audio tapes, files, and videos from her husband's archive are now in the possession of Brian Wilson.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 03:38:07 PM by Howie Edelson » Logged
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2014, 03:49:25 PM »

I conducted a massive interview with Alexandra Morgan (several hours long) for an upcoming project.
According to her, all audio tapes, files, and videos from her husband's archive are now in the possession of Brian Wilson.

Wow!  That's a scoop Howie!  Can you tell us please when the interview will be published?
J.G. Dev
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2014, 03:52:13 PM »

Did you tell him your screen name was "The Ghost of Dr Landy"?
Bittersweet-Sanity
Smiley Smile Associate

Busy Doin' Nothing

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2014, 03:54:59 PM »

Lol. Yah, that'd get a response fast. The name's tongue-in-cheek.  
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 07:14:52 PM by Ghost_of_Dr._Landy » Logged

"So maybe Beach Boys fans are stupid and we can dismiss the whole thing. But maybe that's a pretty snotty attitude to take; maybe something is happening here that we just ought to know about" -Paul Williams

"There ain't a rocketship powerfull enough to be able to blast Jeff's fat ass into space."-Mike's Beard
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2014, 07:49:36 PM »

For anybody who was around during the old Mike Wheeler Cabinessence Board days...was it ever confirmed if the guy claiming to be Evan Landy who occasionally posted there was legit? Pretty much everybody called bullshit on it.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Bittersweet-Sanity
Smiley Smile Associate

Busy Doin' Nothing

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2014, 09:02:57 PM »

f=5
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 04:03:02 PM by Hotter » Logged

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2014, 11:54:13 PM »

For anybody who was around during the old Mike Wheeler Cabinessence Board days...was it ever confirmed if the guy claiming to be Evan Landy who occasionally posted there was legit? Pretty much everybody called bullshit on it.

Pretty sure it was an imposter. As I recall he didn't know some simple stuff that he really should have.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2014, 02:30:54 AM »

This should be fascinating.  Please keep us posted.  Wonder when, if ever, some of the "audio tapes, files, and videos" will see the light of day.  Most of the stuff is probably sitting in a storage facility somewhere and will end up being junked, if it hasn't been already.
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2014, 03:17:03 PM »

Interested to hear if Evan responds.  I wonder what he thinks about the upcoming movie.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2014, 03:20:23 PM »

Pretty sure it was an imposter. As I recall he didn't know some simple stuff that he really should have.
Kind of figured.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
joe_blow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2014, 06:50:45 PM »

In 2002 I was in Hawaii and knocked on the office door of Eugene Landy. No one answered and I really had no idea what I would have done if someone had.
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2014, 12:57:39 AM »

The one you'd be looking for, a compliment to the first one, has a pink cover. The two volumes were conolidated into one around 1993 I think. It looks like it might be out of print now, but maybe the publisher knows where to get one. Steve McParland is a real good guy, and I'll bet he could round you up a copy.

http://www.garyusher.com/cmusic.html

Somebody here may have Steve's direct e-mail address - don't have it on me right now.....
Mr Mcparland  responds to email enquiries via the email address on the webpage as linked.

I bugged him about some sh*t earlier this year, and his reply noted that the  out of print stuff I was asking about would be available in e-copy later this year (but no specific day or month quoted)

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Malc
Smiley Smile Associate

It's all about 'harmony' ...

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2014, 01:36:56 AM »

Stephen's e-books can be found here - https://payhip.com/CMusicBooks  Smiley

www.facebook.com/beachboysalbumsleeves - a cool place to visit !
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2014, 02:06:16 AM »

However, The Wilson Project wasn't among them, at least last time I looked.

Trivia about Kevin: he and Landy's son Evan were known to occasionally wear tshirts with the respective legends "Surf Nazi" and "Surf Nazi (training)".

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2014, 03:21:31 AM »

Just had a sniff around on the c-music site - it says:

"Two books not included in the series are THE WILSON PROJECT and OUR FAVOURITE RECORDING SESSIONS. Both have been picked up by French publisher Les Editions Berlot."

http://editionsberlot.com/

And that page says - "The Wilson Project is currently out of stock. Orders are available but copies will be dispatched on october 21th. Thanks!"

« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 03:23:26 AM by Alan Smith » Logged

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Bittersweet-Sanity
Smiley Smile Associate

Busy Doin' Nothing

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2014, 12:10:08 AM »

well i haven't heard back from him. probably for the best, really. who knows what kind of conflicted (i'd imagine) feelings he has about all that.

Bittersweet-Sanity
Smiley Smile Associate

Busy Doin' Nothing

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2014, 07:08:58 AM »

« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 07:14:26 PM by Ghost_of_Dr._Landy » Logged

onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2014, 10:12:54 AM »

Is he really short? Rode the KROQ elevator with once in '88...he looked to be just over 5 feet. That'd be your big clue!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx