gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 09:51:10 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Al Jardine talks about Smile and sings Vegetables  (Read 5169 times)
dmcguire70
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2011, 06:08:23 PM »

Al enthusiastically talks about the up coming Smile release and then does a rendition of vegetables while playing ukulele.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wgUDcCeEYw
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 03:22:23 AM by dmcguire70 » Logged

"I loaned you money when the funds weren't too cool"

"The ocean scares me."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1976
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 09:51:44 PM »

I was there, near the front of the stage. All Al said was it was to be released in July. The date has since been changed to August. And that date will probably change too.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
dmcguire70
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 12:28:24 AM »

I was there, near the front of the stage. All Al said was it was to be released in July. The date has since been changed to August. And that date will probably change too.

What do you mean that's all Al said??
Obviously you were watching a different video to the one i saw.

"The ocean scares me."
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 06:33:09 AM »

Like I said, I didn't just watch the video. I was THERE. Amoeba Records, Berkeley Cal, April 16, 2011. Record Store Day. I had Al sign my new "Don't Fight The Sea" singles. I watched the guy shoot this video and I watched Al play a few songs (including some of "Lookin' At Tomorrow") and heard exactly what Al said! He said July release for SMiLE!

Anything else?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
dmcguire70
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 07:34:16 AM »

Like I said, I didn't just watch the video. I was THERE. Amoeba Records, Berkeley Cal, April 16, 2011. Record Store Day. I had Al sign my new "Don't Fight The Sea" singles. I watched the guy shoot this video and I watched Al play a few songs (including some of "Lookin' At Tomorrow") and heard exactly what Al said! He said July release for SMiLE!

Anything else?

I'm not the disputing the fact that you were there buddy! You missed my point !!
You said "ALL" Al talked about was the release date for SMiLE, WHICH IS WRONG. THAT WAS ALL HE SAID WAS IT???
 He talked about a lot of other stuff, including stuff about the arrangement and organising the various smile snippets.He also mentioned Van Dyke Parks , how underrated he is as a musician/songwriter, and a few other things. IT'S IN THE FRIGGIN VIDEO FOR GOD SAKES!!
If you would like to enclose your address, I'd be happy to send you a hearing aid!

Please don't make me embarrass you any further!!

« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 07:45:55 AM by dmcguire70 » Logged

"The ocean scares me."
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 06:14:14 PM »

Yeah, but all Al said (back in April) was that SMiLE would be released in July. Isn't that what you said too at the top of the thread McGuire? And Al played Vegetables too didn't he? But here it is getting towards the end of June and the release of SMiLE has been delayed. Do you know when SMiLE is suppose to be released now, McGuire? I heard it might be released in August; do you think that's right? But all that Al said in the video was that July it would be released. So I don't know if Al is right. Oh my God, I can't wait!

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 06:36:41 PM »

Yeah, but all Al said (back in April) was that SMiLE would be released in July. Isn't that what you said too at the top of the thread McGuire? And Al played Vegetables too didn't he? But here it is getting towards the end of June and the release of SMiLE has been delayed. Do you know when SMiLE is suppose to be released now, McGuire? I heard it might be released in August; do you think that's right? But all that Al said in the video was that July it would be released. So I don't know if Al is right. Oh my God, I can't wait!

Roll Eyes The man just posted a link to a vid where Al talks about SMiLE...nothing more, nothing less. Why you keep reiterating the supposed date of release is beyond me.

On an unrelated note: did anyone here from the board go to Al's record signing in Berkeley on RSD?

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 06:44:00 PM »

Roll Eyes The man just posted a link to a vid where Al talks about SMiLE...nothing more, nothing less. Why you keep reiterating the supposed date of release is beyond me.

On an unrelated note: did anyone here from the board go to Al's record signing in Berkeley on RSD?

Wow, this just keeps getting weirder. Did you read any of Mikie's responses, other than the last one? 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 06:48:48 PM »

Wow, this just keeps getting weirder. Did you read any of Mikie's responses, other than the last one? 

Lol, I was being sarcastic....I just thought it funny that Mikie felt the need to continually repeat the location of his whereabouts on RSD.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 06:52:36 PM »

I did!

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 08:13:29 PM »

I did!

Like I said....

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
dmcguire70
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 09:43:51 PM »

I did!

Like I said....

Hey everybody,guess what?
Your not gonna believe it but Mikie was at Al's record signing in Berkley on RSD!!!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 10:30:10 PM by dmcguire70 » Logged

"The ocean scares me."
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2011, 09:50:17 PM »

C`mon, now...leave Mikie alone. He`s probably just excited because he got to see Al in person. Not all of us are that lucky.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2012, 09:23:25 AM »

Al sure seems like a great guy.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx