gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680752 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 02:24:55 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello & Brian Wilson Talks with and About Spring.  (Read 7461 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2011, 12:16:38 AM »

I'd like to hear this too  Razz

but what I REALLY want to hear is The Honeys' version of "Go Away Boy"

anyone???

Which one ?  The 1963 track (SOT #4) or the 1983 remake/update ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
gxios
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2011, 03:31:35 AM »

Circa 1974-75, Bomp magazine was selling copies of this on 5" reel and cassette, with the photo reproduced but not the letter.  I was wise enough to get the reel tape. Diane sounds very nasal and says she has a cold, but it always sounded to me like something more deliberate....
TerryWogan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2011, 04:13:35 AM »

I'd be absolutely intrigued to hear this. Just saying, like.
Um...Pasteurised Microlite (that's how it's done isn't it?  Tongue)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2011, 06:22:42 AM »

MAN. I'm SOOO tired of the constant begging for copies of things to be sent to people!! 
BUY THE DAMN MOJO, fer chrisake, if you want the recordings!
 OR TAKE THEM HERE:
 There should be a permanent thread, SPECIFICALLY AND ONLY , where people can ask for something to be sent their way.
Then BAN anyone that asks for something in any other thread....

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2011, 06:39:51 AM »

MAN. I'm SOOO tired of the constant begging for copies of things to be sent to people!! 
 OR TAKE THEM HERE:
 There should be a permanent thread, SPECIFICALLY AND ONLY , where people can ask for something to be sent their way.

Good to see you're your bright, cheery, positive self this fine day!   Grin

“We live in divisive times.”
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2011, 06:54:53 AM »

Good to see you're your bright, cheery, positive self this fine day!   Grin

Thank You. Thank you very much

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2011, 09:02:58 AM »

OR TAKE THEM HERE:

That's a pretty good idea

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2011, 11:17:05 AM »

OR TAKE THEM HERE:

The recording where Brian talks with and about Spring is in the copy of Mojo?

No mas, por favor.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2011, 11:34:52 AM »

OR TAKE THEM HERE:

Yes. It's in the June 20th, 1972 edition, where it was included as a special bonus LP length Playtape.

stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2011, 11:35:43 AM »

OR TAKE THEM HERE:

Yes. It's in the June 20th, 1972 edition, where it was included as a special bonus LP length Playtape.

Oh really? Am I going to need a time machine or have to give up an arm and a leg to get it?  Grin

No mas, por favor.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2011, 12:20:20 PM »

Whatsamatter, Bgas, your parents never told you howta share??? Shiiiit!

A fan from this bored inquired within yesterday and I gave him an mp3 of the Brian/Diane tape. And I've given many files and links to people who've PM'd me. Not a problem at all when they ask nicely. I'm a sharing kinda guy, you know? Remember how Greg Larson was? Well, he set a great example for me - he was the best at it. And I've also experienced a couple of people in the past who DON'T share stuff and couldn't be bothered and just hoard stuff for their own collections. Well, I don't give the time o' day to those kinds of people. Stengy, self-centered jerks.  F**k 'em!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2011, 12:30:35 PM »

thanks for the link, Fan! not sure how i missed that. it's been up for 6 months

but what I REALLY want to hear is The Honeys' version of "Go Away Boy"

Which one ?  The 1963 track (SOT #4) or the 1983 remake/update ?

'83 is the one I was referring to. they never recorded vocals for the '63 track, did they?
and who wrote the lyrics?

thanks also to Steve Mayo  Wink
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 12:53:02 PM by bossaroo » Logged
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2011, 12:37:00 PM »

Whatsamatter, Bgas, your parents never told you howta share??? Shiiiit!

Seeing the tour programme and promotional items topics in the Media section, I kinda got the idea that bgas's parents did a pretty good job teaching him to do so...

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2011, 12:55:48 PM »

And do you know who encouraged him to do that in addition to the vinyl audio files a few months ago?, Smile-Holland? ME!

Then he bitches above about people wanting Mojo tracks and suggesting banning them for asking for them. Well, maybe they can't FIND a copy of Mojo or don't want the copy, just the audio tracks! Ever think of that?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2011, 01:05:27 PM »

And do you know who encouraged him to do that in addition to the vinyl audio files a few months ago?, Smile-Holland? ME!

Then he bitches above about people wanting Mojo tracks and suggesting banning them for asking for them. Well, maybe they can't FIND a copy of Mojo or don't want the copy, just the audio tracks! Ever think of that?

Mikie,  I can't make it withoutcha. And I'm, I'm tellin' ya, mikie-you're my
reason for laughin', for cryin', for livin', and for dyin'.
You're my soul and my heart's inspiration
You're all I've got to get me by

TheBeachBoysFan
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi little girl, it's me, don't you know who I am?

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2011, 01:07:37 PM »

thanks for the link, Fan! not sure how i missed that. it's been up for 6 months
No problem, man.  I like to help wherever I can.  Smiley

You're gonna lose the fight....
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2011, 01:18:52 PM »

Why so angry suddenly? I perfectly understand that fans would like to hear it, and that not everybody is able to buy that issue or are able to play that 45. But to be honest, the number of PM requests got a bit annoying. Especially when you consider that it's not just the moderators of this board checking if this sharing - we're talking official recordings here - is not getting out of control here. Ever thought of the fact that BRI sort of moderates here behind the screens as well?

And as for my remark I just made. I think I responded quite politely. Of course we can have an opinion on the tone of certain responses. But I was only pointing out on that specific remark on "not knowing how to share".
And if I see 7 pages of that Tour programme topic of which at least 75% was shared by bgas (with btw the number of members giving positive responses on that not even reaching 10) I think it's a bit untactful to say he doesn't know sh*t (did I just say that?) about sharing. That's all.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2011, 01:31:13 PM »

I'm not angry at all!  Just reading what everybody else is reading on this thread and commenting on it!

A few months ago, everybody and their brother here asked me for "Teardrops In My Bed" and I gave it to them without fanfare or complaining. Very simple! Dudn't bother me a bit.

And to those who just PM'd me asking for mp3 files, I'll send them to you after my work day is over, OK? I have to work for a living. OK, 10-4, over and out rubber ducky! We have ourselves a convoy!

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx