gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:04:49 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wouldn't It Be Nice - Vocals Only  (Read 1898 times)
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2011, 09:28:21 PM »

I did this last fall, and for some reason it finally dawned on me tonight to post it here.  Comments/critiques are certainly welcome!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=221906&songID=9853326
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 07:15:48 PM by Chris Brown » Logged
egon spengler
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 10:02:37 AM »

I did this last fall, and for some reason it finally dawned on me tonight to post it here.  Comments/critiques are certainly welcome!

hey Chris -- the url didn't show up right in your post (fixed in my quote), but this is really great! what did you  use as a backing track to guide the vocals? i'd love to hear a full-band version. again, nice work!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 04:30:13 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 07:18:27 PM »

I did this last fall, and for some reason it finally dawned on me tonight to post it here.  Comments/critiques are certainly welcome!

hey Chris -- the url didn't show up right in your post (fixed in my quote), but this is really great! what did you  use as a backing track to guide the vocals? i'd love to hear a full-band version. again, nice work!

Thanks!  I used the Beach Boys vocals only version as a guide, more for the rhythmic timing than anything else.  I did try to sync it up with the original instrumental track, but oddly enough it didn't quite match, and I didn't really have the patience to play with it and make it perfect.  Maybe I'll give it another go at some point.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 09:16:58 PM by Chris Brown » Logged
KaylaMusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 04:57:50 PM »

Nice job! Good job on the higher vocals, you've got a great range. I wish I was a man! LOL
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 05:02:13 PM »

Nice job! Good job on the higher vocals, you've got a great range. I wish I was a man! LOL

Thanks Kayla!  Yeah those parts get up there, and I added a higher one in the bridge for kicks - I find doing bass vocals a lot more fun though  Grin
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx