gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 04:46:52 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Interesting new Mike interview, with new release date  (Read 26764 times)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2011, 08:44:06 AM »

http://www.yesweekly.com/triad/article-12159-a-long-buried-release-possible-beach-boys-reunion-give-reasons-to-smile.html

I gotta go make tea now but please feel free to discuss while I'm gone…  Grin

“We live in divisive times.”
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 08:45:01 AM »

Glad I made my tea before I turned the computer on.  Cool Guy

No mas, por favor.
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 09:18:08 AM »

I don't entirely buy the August 9 date, although it would be nice if true. I would think an announcement would have to come pretty soon if that was the case though, right?

Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 09:35:57 AM »

Well Brian's twitter has something about Smile today as well if that means anything.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 09:51:19 AM »

Well Brian's twitter has something about Smile today as well if that means anything.

Can't wait for you to hear SMiLE this Summer. I felt that it was too advanced for its time back in '67. Now it should be cool. - Brian

I'd reckon that it does mean something...  Exactly what, I don't know, but Brian or Melinda or whoever tweets for BriMel probably isn't just saying something like that at random.  Perhaps some final details of the project have been set, and Brian's camp just received word of it?  We shall see...
B-Rex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 09:53:55 AM »

One line was written haphazardly, but it sounds as if Feel Flows was salvaged from SMiLE.  Is there any truth to this or is it just a case of poor writing and Surf's Up was what was meant by the writer? 
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 10:07:47 AM »

Thanks for this Wee Helper.

The Aug 9th date matches what DirectCurrentMusic were stating a few weeks back. Whether the writer's just nicking that date, or perhaps Mike's confirmed the date? Who knows.

Nice to see Brian hinting at a summer release as well. Perhaps we will see this in August after all.

As for the Feel Flows/Smile reference I'd be amazed. You'd think that info would've slipped out in the intervening years. Must be getting mixed up with SU.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 10:28:38 AM »

August... dubious. Would be nice, if only because it would pee off a few folk slightly sooner, but... dubious.

Then again, who would have thought they would have all got back together in the studio within the past week ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 10:30:44 AM »

Then again, who would have thought they would have all got back together in the studio within the past week ?

So... It actually happened?

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
Jason
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 10:31:50 AM »

They did...Smiley AGD beat me to the punch!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 10:35:47 AM »

So... It actually happened?

Nah - I'm abusing my position as fount of wisdom for all things Wilsonian.  Grin

SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 10:39:57 AM »

I'm sure both of you realize we're going to need more details Grin
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 10:46:54 AM by SloopJohnB » Logged

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
Jason
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 10:41:20 AM »

Andrew, how long do you reckon it will be before the cynics step in and say we're spewing useless "insider information"? Wink
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 10:48:34 AM »

One line was written haphazardly, but it sounds as if Feel Flows was salvaged from SMiLE.  Is there any truth to this or is it just a case of poor writing and Surf's Up was what was meant by the writer? 

Poor writing.  Grin

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 10:49:40 AM »

Andrew, how long do you reckon it will be before the cynics step in and say we're spewing useless "insider information"? Wink

Spew away, insiders, spew away!!

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Jason
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 10:51:30 AM »

Gotta check with the insiders on the top of the insider food chain!  LOL
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 10:57:21 AM »

Gotta check with the insiders on the top of the insider food chain!  LOL

Gah! Typical insider talk Cheesy

Jason
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 10:58:34 AM »

Gotta check with the insiders on the top of the insider food chain!  LOL

Gah! Typical insider talk Cheesy

The details will appear on WikiLeaks, along with the latest leaked US government info!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2011, 11:09:54 AM »

That wikileaks is in trouble not for leaking the  government's information, but the government is really after wikileaks after leaking information about AMERICA'S BAND and SMiLE. Grin
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 11:11:16 AM by briansbathrobe » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2011, 11:15:30 AM »

As for the Feel Flows/Smile reference I'd be amazed. You'd think that info would've slipped out in the intervening years. Must be getting mixed up with SU.
When talking about Feel Flows, Mike mentions Charles Lloyd by name. So, I doubt very much that he got his songs mixed up.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Jason
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2011, 11:18:06 AM »

That wikileaks is in trouble not for leaking the  government's information, but the government is really after wikileaks after leaking information about AMERICA'S BAND and SMiLE. Grin

It's too inappropriate. It's a threat to national security!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2011, 11:25:22 AM »

Brian's comments of inappropriate music was not just opinion, it was actual national security policy put in by the Nixon Administration to protect the public until 2011 when it was finally deemed acceptable for release.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Rich Panteluk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2011, 11:32:06 AM »

My insider info only mentioned that Brian and Mike got together and recorded Do It Again (again) but did not mention any other Beach Boys (Al, Bruce, or David).  Are you saying you have definitive info saying all surviving BBs were present?  I understand that some session musicians were used (seems odd to me that Mike or Brian's bandmembers were not used or used exclusively) for this new version.

I welcome someone else's better insider info to beat up my insider info with many more details...  
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2011, 11:37:55 AM »

Not sure if the release date is actually from Mike or the writer put it in:

"He says he hasn’t heard what the project as it will be released on Aug. 9 sounds like" could have been mike saying "I haven't heard yet what they're releasing on the CD's" or something to that effect, and the writer rephrased it with the date.  It's not in quotes so that makes me suspicious.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 11:43:36 AM »

My insider info only mentioned that Brian and Mike got together and recorded Do It Again (again) but did not mention any other Beach Boys (Al, Bruce, or David).  Are you saying you have definitive info saying all surviving BBs were present?  I understand that some session musicians were used (seems odd to me that Mike or Brian's bandmembers were not used or used exclusively) for this new version.

I welcome someone else's better insider info to beat up my insider info with many more details...  

I can categorically state that no dead Beach Boys were present.

However, all the California/Nevada residents were.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 12:04:57 PM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx