gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 09:28:45 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Upcoming BW interview in Village Voice (June 8)  (Read 35384 times)
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2011, 02:59:31 PM »

Brian Wilson's interview with the Voice's Stacey Anderson will appear in our June 8 issue, just in time for his sold-out residency at Highline Ballroom June 11-13. During the shows, the reclusive genius will perform last year's album of George Gershwin standards, Brian Wilson Reimagines Gershwin, as well as select Beach Boys hits.

While speaking with Anderson today, Wilson denied the rumor that the Beach Boys will reunite next year in celebration of their 50th anniversary, as reported in Rolling Stone and by the BBC.

"I don't know anything about that," he said. "I don't really [have a relationship with the other members] right now, and I'm not really interested in them."

The June 8 issue of the Village Voice will contain the full interview with Wilson, which covers his likely retirement from touring, the painful memories that mar this year's long-awaited release of Smile, and the songwriting lessons he learned from George Gershwin.
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/2011/05/brian_wilson_not_interested_in_beach_boys_reunion.php

Doesn't sound like Brian was in a great mood today.
 Sad
oldsurferdude
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 03:20:43 PM »

Brian Wilson's interview with the Voice's Stacey Anderson will appear in our June 8 issue, just in time for his sold-out residency at Highline Ballroom June 11-13. During the shows, the reclusive genius will perform last year's album of George Gershwin standards, Brian Wilson Reimagines Gershwin, as well as select Beach Boys hits.

While speaking with Anderson today, Wilson denied the rumor that the Beach Boys will reunite next year in celebration of their 50th anniversary, as reported in Rolling Stone and by the BBC.

"I don't know anything about that," he said. "I don't really [have a relationship with the other members] right now, and I'm not really interested in them."

The June 8 issue of the Village Voice will contain the full interview with Wilson, which covers his likely retirement from touring, the painful memories that mar this year's long-awaited release of Smile, and the songwriting lessons he learned from George Gershwin.
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/2011/05/brian_wilson_not_interested_in_beach_boys_reunion.php

Doesn't sound like Brian was in a great mood today.
 Sad
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 03:27:04 PM »

So you're giving a thumbsup to the fact that juggler says it doesn't sound like Brian was in a great mood? What kind of ghoul are you?!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 03:32:09 PM »

So you're giving a thumbsup to the fact that juggler says it doesn't sound like Brian was in a great mood? What kind of ghoul are you?!

He's a bad beach boys fan, he's a masochistic freak who gets off on Brian's suffering. Doesn't he know Brian Wilson is a delicate little flower who needs to be nurtured and protected? Let's round up a pity-posse and teach him a lesson.

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 03:38:37 PM »

Doesn't he know Brian Wilson is a delicate little flower who needs to be nurtured and protected? Let's round up a pity-posse and teach him a lesson.

Quit being a douche.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 03:53:22 PM »

I am thinking he may have been giving the thumbs up for the no reunion part!

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 04:10:49 PM »

Ahh that makes sense.

oldsurferdude
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 04:48:20 PM »

yeah, that's exactly what we'd all expect from donkey like you.
Paulos
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 04:48:44 PM »

The same old problem with Brian interviews, ask him  the same thing next week and he'll probably say he is interested in a reunion.
oldsurferdude
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 04:50:36 PM »

Doesn't he know Brian Wilson is a delicate little flower who needs to be nurtured and protected? Let's round up a pity-posse and teach him a lesson.

Quit being a douche.
Like you?Huh Hey! Your name calling surpasses no other-quite inventive for a moderator.
oldsurferdude
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 04:51:40 PM »

Ya think?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?? Tell that to Billy Boy.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 04:55:20 PM »

The one thing that I've learned over the years is to not believe anything Brian says in interviews.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 05:10:00 PM »

Someone's been going heavy on the vinegar and water around here...
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 05:27:10 PM »

Like you?Huh Hey! Your name calling surpasses no other-quite inventive for a moderator.
Well considering some of the stuff you've posted on this board in response to anyone who doesn't share your dislike of Mike Love (or "Myke", as you so childishly call him) you have no room to talk. I'm living on borrowed time; I don't have any more patience for you and Fishmonk disrespecting people.

18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 06:07:44 PM »

Please do not take that tone with me.

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
oldsurferdude
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 06:12:20 PM »

Well considering some of the stuff you've posted on this board in response to anyone who doesn't share your dislike of Mike Love (or "Myke", as you so childishly call him) you have no room to talk. I'm living on borrowed time; I don't have any more patience for you and Fishmonk disrespecting people.
I believe if you read your posts, you have an equally checkered past -douche, ghoul?HuhHuhHuh How does hypocrite sound???
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2011, 06:21:37 PM »

Oh, i"m just returning the favor. You people started this merda first, I'm just tired of biting my tongue...er...fingers (cause I'm typing LOL)

But whatever. Quit being so damn snarky and disrespectful towards those who don't hate "Myke" and "Bruth" as much as you.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 06:44:14 PM by Billy C » Logged

onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2011, 08:42:21 AM »

OK, everybody, can we please get back to the fun of discussing BBs? Let's not turn this place into the friggin' 910!  Razz
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2011, 10:34:19 AM »

Works for me!

The same old problem with Brian interviews, ask him  the same thing next week and he'll probably say he is interested in a reunion.
Yeah.

Chris Moise
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2011, 09:40:30 PM »

The one thing that I've learned over the years is to not believe anything Brian says in interviews.

Heh, I'll keep that in mind next time you argue that a 1966 Smile was going to have movements becasue Brian told Peter Reum that in 1982  Grin  Razz
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2011, 04:00:52 AM »

I never said that. I said that there may have been a possibility and that Brian followed through with the idea in 2004. We all know that there is money to be made, the Beach Boys will make it, no matter what Brian says at the moment.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Peter Reum
Honored Guest

Serving fine tortillas since 1965

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2011, 09:13:33 AM »

The tone of this thread is really disingenuous. Smile was neither sequenced nor even conceptually finished in 1966-7. As radical as Brian changed production values from Smile to Smiley Smile in1967....it is neither out of the realm of possibilty nor unrealistic to conclude that his ideas were fluid back then.  I see Brian in the contact I had with him through the years as a survivor, a man who coped with the forces pushing him to move a certain direction or another. Therefore, it is certainly reasonable to entertain the idea that at different points through the year, back in 1966, Smile could have been BOTH a 12 track album and an idea moving toward his 2004 work. The black and white thinking with respect to how Brian works adapting to peoples` expectations of him is simply not how he has historically coped with people demanding more from him.

If it runs amuck, call the duck
Jason
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2011, 10:33:04 AM »

I believe if you read your posts, you have an equally checkered past -douche, ghoul?HuhHuhHuh How does hypocrite sound???

Hey, if you have such a problem with the remarks made to you on here...you can always report them to a moderator. Smiley
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2011, 10:54:42 AM »

@Peter

People see that unofficial back album cover with the out of sequence tracklisting and are convinced that this is the only way that it could ever be, or that no other songs could be added or subtracted. Had Brian finished the album and released it later in the Summer of 67, there is no telling with that extra time what changes he might of made.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2011, 04:22:39 PM »

@Peter

People see that unofficial back album cover with the out of sequence tracklisting and are convinced that this is the only way that it could ever be, or that no other songs could be added or subtracted. Had Brian finished the album and released it later in the Summer of 67, there is no telling with that extra time what changes he might of made.

i think the difference is if that's what brian wanted to do. maybe deep down he wanted to do the 3 part thing, but thought it'd be too much at that time. y'never knoow
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx