gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680876 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 07:26:25 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dennis - So Sad  (Read 8707 times)
freckles90266
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2011, 02:50:01 PM »

Those eyes say so much about where he was at that time...

I agree with you...he seems to have lost that "sparkling twinkle" in his eyes.
But as someone who just recently discovered the wonderful music on Pacific Ocean Blue...I try to think that maybe, just maybe, Dennis knew he could do more good from where he is now. Just my opinion. Smiley
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2011, 06:33:10 PM »

It amazes me, the amount of people that don't seem to know the difference between heroin and heroine.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2011, 08:31:42 PM »

It amazes me, the amount of people that don't seem to know the difference between heroin and heroine.
Then you must be flabbergasted by the amount of people who don't know the difference between Your and You're or Than and Then or Sight and Site or Base and Bass or Capitol and Capital..etc...etc...
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2011, 08:39:31 PM »

I went to school with a kid who constantly confused bass, versus the instrument or the fish. Roll Eyes

Jason
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2011, 09:29:34 PM »

Then you must be flabbergasted by the amount of people who don't know the difference between Your and You're or Than and Then or Sight and Site or Base and Bass or Capitol and Capital..etc...etc...

Or Murry and Murray or Jack Rieley and Jack Reilly or Audree and Audrey or Marilyn and Marylin.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2011, 09:35:01 PM »

I see the mistakes with "your/you're and "than/then" a lot. And "Murry/Murray" and "Audree/Audrey" Wilson.

But the one I see the most on this board and others, and even e-mails at work?

"Alot".  This is not a word, people!!  It's "A lot".  

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2011, 09:40:20 PM »

Another one I hate is when people say or write "of" instead of "have".

18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2011, 09:52:49 PM »

I did alot once..Got pulled up for it!!
Alot of people post from smart phones and you carnt see so good n that.

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2011, 10:02:47 PM »

"Alot".  This is not a word, people!!  It's "A lot".  
Oh I can't stand when people do that! Arghh...

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2011, 10:06:12 PM »

I hate it when people don't use a question mark properly.

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2011, 11:32:03 PM »

Thanks for taking this subject off-topic! Roll Eyes

Go here.....or should I say 'Go hair!'

http://www.grammarmudge.cityslide.com/grammardiscussion.html

Grin
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2011, 02:19:51 PM »

What's even worse is when someone who writes books uses 'amount' rather than 'number' when referring to the count of people.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2011, 02:26:50 PM »

What's even worse is when someone who writes books uses 'amount' rather than 'number' when referring to the count of people.

Brian got a mention when I went looking:     http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/amount.html

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2011, 04:36:14 PM »

Yo Kansas City I was obviously following Jay's premise as worded by him.  Air Quotes Just keeping the integrity of the thread intact...ahem...yeah...no, really man.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2011, 05:02:14 PM »

Their seams two bee alot of people who our spelling snobs on this bored.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2011, 05:10:26 PM »

sezz you.

slp22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2011, 07:19:16 AM »

What's so sad is how quickly people stray from the subject of the thread to something totally irrelevant . It's about Dennis not people's poor use of grammar.
slp22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2011, 07:21:18 AM »

1983 Publicity Shot

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 07:22:10 AM by slp22 » Logged
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2011, 07:31:01 AM »

Such a sad picture.

To think all these years later that both Al and Bruce had wives that allowed them out of the house in short shorts! Sad
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2011, 08:41:37 AM »

The clip of Dennis singing "You Are so Beautiful" live that was in American Band is really hard to watch.  It was obvious he wasn't long for this world!   
Jason
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2011, 09:04:51 AM »

Such a sad picture.

To think all these years later that both Al and Bruce had wives that allowed them out of the house in short shorts! Sad

The shorts Al and Bruce are wearing in the 1983 Seattle video are heinous in the extreme. Only Carl looks well dressed; and the poor guy must have been sweating his ass off in the Kingdome as he was wearing all black.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2011, 11:08:53 AM »

What's so sad is how quickly people stray from the subject of the thread to something totally irrelevant . It's about Dennis not people's poor use of grammar.
This whole thread strikes me as irrelevant. Looking at a picture and saying...so sad...and then awkwardly commenting on it reminds me of the film "The Rivers Edge". Everybody had to go down to the river to look at the dead girl. Why? No one had any useful insight,  and no one could or would help her. Its just pure morbid curiosity. That's what this thread is.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 11:13:27 AM by Jon Stebbins » Logged
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2011, 11:15:03 AM »

true...

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2011, 11:53:45 AM »

This whole thread strikes me as irrelevant. Looking at a picture and saying...so sad...and then awkwardly commenting on it reminds me of the film "The Rivers Edge". Everybody had to go down to the river to look at the dead girl. Why? No one had any useful insight,  and no one could or would help her. Its just pure morbid curiosity. That's what this thread is.

Where would you have it go?( or not at all)
So many here never knew Dennis personally, yet all are forever touched personally and want to express it in some way.

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2011, 12:54:40 PM »

If it makes just one person think twice about the ravages of drugs and alcohol then it's worthwhile.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx