gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680871 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 10:46:47 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sound quality at Beach Boys and Brian show s over the past deade  (Read 942 times)
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2014, 09:13:00 PM »

I post this coming out of yet another badly lit and badly sound mixed show at a local arena venue this evening.  got me to thinking about these factors at Bb related show over the past 10 to 15 years.

got to give it to the Brisn and Mike organizations for great quality control and sound at venues all over the USA I've attended over the past 10 to 15 years.   Never disappointed with the sound enough to complain much.

How do you compare the live Brian and Mike show sound and presentation to other groups or acts you have seen in recent years?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 11:06:45 PM »

Comparing like for like, i.e similar venues, there's very little difference. Obviously Brian's mix is more complex with more feeds, and the material is usually more complex (and the 2005 HCP gig wasn't just a shockingly bad performance, it was also a desperately poor mix), but I don't think I've experienced one poor enough to complain about,  the aforenoted example excepted. Open air, it's always going to be a lottery.

The 1991 Beach Boys show at Wembley was just terrible. Two years later, it was outstanding. Go figure.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 11:11:02 PM »

There are a lot more musicians at a Brian show, which means more things to account for in both the mix and the musicians side. I read an interview with Probyn where he talked about how his french horn was so cold it put the notes of "God Only Knows" a couple steps out of tune and it sounded just awful.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx