gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680740 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 01:29:44 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Beach Boys Covers  (Read 2593 times)
dmcguire70
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2011, 11:20:11 PM »

Hi everyone i'm new on this forum.I have a bunch of Beach Boys covers on my you tube channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/dmcguire70?feature=mhee

"I loaned you money when the funds weren't too cool"

"The ocean scares me."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1976
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 03:59:05 AM »

Some of us are already fans, sir! Welcome aboard!

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 06:52:50 AM »

Glad you made it here!

Many of us have been posting links to your vids for a while now. Keep up the great work!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 05:41:40 PM »

Hi everyone i'm new on this forum.I have a bunch of Beach Boys covers on my you tube channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/dmcguire70?feature=mhee

Good stuff.  I'm no expert, but I remember the first time I heard one of your covers I thought, "Is he kidding, this is just the Beach Boys."  No doubt the use of the real backing track influenced my perception, but the quality of the vocals is excellent nonetheless.  Thanks for posting.

dmcguire70
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 09:26:32 PM »

Nice to know some of you have been listening. I'm currently working on 'The Little Girl i Once New" which is proving to be the trickiest one i've attempted. Hope to have it finished in a couple of days!

"The ocean scares me."
robertgotshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 05:02:10 AM »

I've actually been working on a cover myself of the intro to SMiLE (Our Prayer/Gee/H&V) and your video with all of the separate harmonies for "Our Prayer" was a LIFESAVER, thank you so much!! I can't imagine what I would have done without it. I probably would have just died right there at the computer, face down on the keyboard. Keep up the good work!
dmcguire70
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 07:14:46 PM »

Nice to be of assistance. Its took me a while to figure out the parts to Our Prayer ,in particular Mike's part, which goes up and down like a roller coaster.I look forward to hearing your version.
Cheers Dave
 Smokin

"The ocean scares me."
kwan_dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 02:48:34 PM »

Dave, your recordings are simply amazing.

I've previously listened to a lot of your videos and I'm very impressed by the fact that it all sounds so good despite the fact that it's only one guy overdubbing all the voices. I often find that this will make the harmonies sound bland and less exciting but to my ears you somehow allways avoid this.

Have you ever thought about recording original material? I bet you could pull off some great stuff on your own...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 03:27:39 PM by kwan_dk » Logged

Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 09:35:53 PM »

I'm a little late to the party (although I've heard your version of "Our Prayer," which was incredible), but the rest of your stuff is fantastically done as well.  The harmonies are sung perfectly and blend perfectly, and that's not always easy with Beach Boys tunes.  Definitely looking forward to hearing whatever else you plan on doing in the future!
dmcguire70
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 04:20:11 AM »

Dave, your recordings are simply amazing.

I've previously listened to a lot of your videos and I'm very impressed by the fact that it all sounds so good despite the fact that it's only one guy overdubbing all the voices. I often find that this will make the harmonies sound bland and less exciting but to my ears you somehow allways avoid this.

Have you ever thought about recording original material? I bet you could pull off some great stuff on your own...

Thanks so much.
 I'd like to do some original stuff eventually. I quite enjoy dissecting the harmonies and putting them all together,so for me it's a labour of love.
Thanks for listening in!
Dave.

"The ocean scares me."
dmcguire70
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 04:20:53 AM »

I'm a little late to the party (although I've heard your version of "Our Prayer," which was incredible), but the rest of your stuff is fantastically done as well.  The harmonies are sung perfectly and blend perfectly, and that's not always easy with Beach Boys tunes.  Definitely looking forward to hearing whatever else you plan on doing in the future!
Thanks a lot!

"The ocean scares me."
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx