gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680739 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 03:10:37 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hi! I like The Beach Boys!  (Read 2683 times)
robertgotshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2011, 02:44:14 AM »

Hey Beach Boys fans,

I just recently discovered this message board through a video cover of "Our Prayer" on YouTube. Looks like a great place to kick it.

I've been into The Beach Boys for a while. For most of my life I had been familiar and fond of the classic radio hits such as "I Get Around" and "Wouldn't It Be Nice", but it wasn't until a few years ago that I got a hold of Pet Sounds. From there, I dove into more of the back catalog and came across the Purple Chick bootleg of SMiLE which has since become one of my favorite albums. I'm very excited that the album will finally be seeing a formal release. However, I feel that Purple Chick will be a tough act to follow, being that I am VERY familiar with the bootleg (to me, that is SMiLE). Though I guess it probably won't diverge too much from said bootleg if BWPS is being used as a blueprint. I'm looking forward to some sonic improvements though.

Recently, I've checked out Sunflower and Holland and am surprised to find that I quite enjoy them. I will check out more of the post-SMiLE efforts in the future.

Anyway, I've been working on an all-acapella cover of the opening to SMiLE (Our Prayer/Gee/Heroes And Villains), which is what led me to checking out the aforementioned YouTube cover of "Our Prayer" posted by one of the members here. It's a labor of love, to be sure, but I'd love to hear what some real Beach Boys fans think of it when I'm finished. Under which section would it be appropriate to post something like that here on the board?
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 09:16:12 AM »

Hey, welcome!!

You can post your covers and stuff here http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/board,7.0.html

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 10:58:52 AM »

Hello robertgotshall,

Welcome on this board, and - as Shady already mentioned - feel free to share your attempt at Our Prayer/Gee/H&V here.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Jason
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 12:08:04 PM »

The Beach Boys? Who are they? Are they a new hip-hop group?
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx