gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 05:06:40 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello everyone, I'm new !  (Read 3395 times)
JMZ
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: May 16, 2011, 02:07:09 AM »

Hello there,

I've registered to the board about one year ago (or maybe more ?) but I never posted aything.

I became a fan of the Beach Boys 3/4 years ago when I started to get really into Pet Sounds and wanted to go further by investigating on this fammous mysterious unreleased SMiLE album ! The first boot I got my ears on was the Purple Chick version (without even knowing it was one of the fan's favourite). From then, SMiLE related stuff has been (almost) the only thing I listened for (almost) 2 years !

As a musician myself, I wanted to make my own mix (as approximately 13974 people here  Cheesy ). Trying to improve over the Purple Chick version.

On the list of improvements, I could say:

- a better sounding version of "Holidays" with the vintage BBoys vocals "rock rock roll ... rock roll plymouth rock, etc" ala BWPS on top of it (of course this is in perfect sync and pitch matching, not like some others did). Of course, this is achieved by digital manipulation (but as a lot of stuff on the Purple Chick version).

- Some may have noticed that there a subtle harmony change on the end of BWPS version of Wind Chimes. The Purple Chick's version does not render this variation, but I found how to do it.

- "Look" again with vintage Bboys vocals on top of it (not on the verses unfortunately). But the intro "won, won, won, wonderful" (I mean exactly like the segue between "Wonderful" and "Song for the children" on BWPS) and they also sing the chorus "Child, father of the man, etc".

So here are the most "impressive" improvements I did over Purple Chick. The rest is more technical (sonic imprevements attemps, better edits, less noise or edition clicks, etc). I've done other things too, but these are more to my personnal taste and choices (in the song sequence, the songs structures, segues, etc).

I hope you understood everything (as I'm french so my english is not perfect).

« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 02:08:07 AM by JMZ » Logged

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 09:15:16 AM »

Hello, welcome!!

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 10:57:08 AM »

Bon soir JMZ, enjoy your (undoubtly many) stays on this board.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 01:52:00 PM »

Bienvenue, ça fait toujours plaisir de voir un autre fan français  Cool

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
JMZ
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 04:04:25 PM »

Bienvenue, ça fait toujours plaisir de voir un autre fan français  Cool

Hello Ravi également ! Je viens de voir sur ton profil que tu tiens le blog "Linear Zap !". Je l'ai beaucoup consulté pour me documenter sur SMiLE  Grin

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx