gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680836 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 09:12:05 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian on the One Show (BBC) tonight!  (Read 5354 times)
PaulTMA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2011, 03:36:24 PM »

He really didn't look like he was contributing much singing.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 05:15:34 PM by PaulTMA » Logged
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2011, 03:42:59 PM »

Poor guy, he does not do telly well does he. Looked good and well, but sounded very nervous. Hopefully he is more relaxed if interviewed on Jools....

Yeah it could have been worse, but I felt bad seeing him so nervous.
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2011, 12:24:48 AM »

Even on public TV questions don't have to be that lame I think.

So he didn't actually surf back in the day? By now even the more casual fans must be getting tired of this...
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2011, 12:26:18 AM »

Hmmm... I think he was rather at ease... he answered the questions promptly and not in his 'I wish I were someplace else' mode. Yup, he managed to sneak in Phil Spector and The Wrecking Crew, which made me laugh. Dennis got a mention too.

I found the brevity of the music fragments disappointing. But well, it's a very short talk show with multiple guests.

He looked up and grinned... at what? I thought: perhaps there is a teleprompter up there. Not that he had to sing many words, but since he's so accustomed to this technical support, the producers may have thought: right on the piano is not such a good sight on the tube, so we'll hang it up in the air...

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2011, 12:32:10 AM »

So he didn't actually surf back in the day? By now even the more casual fans must be getting tired of this...

If that girl had three more brain cells, she'd be an imbecile.  Angry

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
rogerlancelot
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2011, 05:04:12 PM »

I agree with aging country singer Kenny Rogers above me. On the other hand I have a hangnail...
Boiled Egg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2011, 12:58:46 AM »

The One Show is among the thickest emissions ever to issue from the BBC.  Typically, the guests are left stranded on the show's sofa while some profoundly trivial lifestyle/consumer piece is slung in, before being hijacked for an opinion on something they may quite reasonably know zero about.  Hence Liam Neeson being asked his views on caravanning, and Bette Midler having to scramble a quick POV on buy-to-let mortgages.

But nothing comes close to the time Salman Rushdie was a guest on the show and, being one of the world's greatest living novelists, was pumped a series of quickfire idiot questions ('Lady Gaga or Britney Spears?') while playing ping-pong.  Shortly after this, Russell Brand was on Newsnight, and broadcasting's black hole inched a little closer.

(For non-Brits: one of the show's presenters resigned in disgrace last year, after he was outed spending hours exchanging suggestive messages and photos online with a fan/viewer, much to his wife's chagrin.  If The One Show is a fanny magnet, I'm Napoleon's wallpaper.)
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx