gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680864 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 11:36:06 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Holidays as part of Barnyard Suite?  (Read 1413 times)
doinnothin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2011, 04:23:51 PM »

In Jules Siegel's "Goodbye Surfing, Hello God" his description of one of the songs is "civilized chickens bobbed up and down in a tiny ballet of comic barnyard melody". I think it's a stretch to think of the Barnyard's music as any sort of ballet, but perhaps the "Chickens do their number" verse was to be followed by Holidays, which actually sounds quite a bit like a ballet number in its intro (Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy for instance). I know it's usually thought of as a nautical piece, and it definitely ended up with the pirate lyrics on BWPS, but I think it's worth considering that a chicken ballet may have been one of its uses along the way.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 05:00:02 PM by doinnothin » Logged

took me a while to understand what was going on in this thread. mainly because i thought that veggie was a bokchoy
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 05:19:14 PM »

That's definitely a combination I've never thought of before - I suppose with Smile anything is possible, but I feel like Siegel was using the term "ballet" incredibly loosely, describing the animal noises in the background of "Barnyard" in a unique way.
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 08:35:28 AM »

I always thought that the early slow version of the "Heroes & Villains (Alternate Mix)" tag sounded like it could be a chicken ballet. Originally recorded as part of "Old Master Painter", right? Or was it "Barnyard"?
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 06:52:33 PM »

I always thought that the early slow version of the "Heroes & Villains (Alternate Mix)" tag sounded like it could be a chicken ballet. Originally recorded as part of "Old Master Painter", right? Or was it "Barnyard"?

That section was supposedly linked to "Old Master Painter," but later came to be known as "False Barnyard." 
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx