gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 04:40:27 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Redwood- tell everything you know!  (Read 16641 times)
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2011, 12:22:47 PM »

Well, Dennis could certainly handle those fills as well as a straightforward 8th note hi-hat pattern...

However, I'm inclined to guess it's not him, if only because Darlin hasn't turned up on any of Stebbins' lists of songs Dennis drummed on.
vintagemusic
Smiley Smile Associate

That was great! Could we just try it once more

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2011, 10:29:29 PM »

I had the chance recently, to ask Chuck Negron if there were any more Redwood
tracks besides Time To Get Alone from the sessions with Brian Wilson.. Chuck said
no there were not, there were supposed to be, but they didin't get a chance to lay
their vocals down, he told me.

I suppose his memory could possibly be faulty, or he didin't want me to know
the answer, but I don't think so. Are people saying there are more tracks with
vocals from Redwood?
OBLiO
Smiley Smile Associate

Do The Hokey Pokey with all your might

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2011, 01:04:33 AM »

It would be easier if the session data was written down somewhere when the session took place. The Redwood "Time to Get Alone" sounds unfinished, hence the fade in for the ending. But I think Darlin' was definitely an idea for making a hit record with a newly signed band on the label. If they recorded vocals and they were erased, it was the right choice to have Carl sing on it because he sounds great. But, maybe they never recorded their voices in the first place. It's one of my favorite tunes... 

"Remember - only you can prevent forest fires" - Smokey the Bear
vintagemusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2011, 11:43:19 AM »

It would be easier if the session data was written down somewhere when the session took place. The Redwood "Time to Get Alone" sounds unfinished, hence the fade in for the ending. But I think Darlin' was definitely an idea for making a hit record with a newly signed band on the label. If they recorded vocals and they were erased, it was the right choice to have Carl sing on it because he sounds great. But, maybe they never recorded their voices in the first place. It's one of my favorite tunes... 

Well as I said, I asked Chuck Negron this very question, perhaps six weeks ago. "Were there any more songs recorded with vocals
from those Time To Get Alone sessions as Redwood.  He said, there were supposed to be, but they never got a chance to sing anything
else. Chuck would know I presume. I guess it's possible he is wrong, or misunderstood me. I highly doubt that however.
OBLiO
Smiley Smile Associate

Do The Hokey Pokey with all your might

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2011, 03:00:19 PM »

Well as I said, I asked Chuck Negron this very question, perhaps six weeks ago. "Were there any more songs recorded with vocals
from those Time To Get Alone sessions as Redwood.  He said, there were supposed to be, but they never got a chance to sing anything
else. Chuck would know I presume. I guess it's possible he is wrong, or misunderstood me. I highly doubt that however.
Ok... it sounded like you might still have had some doubt... but it sounds like they never actually laid any voices down... I am guessing no scratch vocals, either, or they might have turned up... I am really curious about who played on the tracks, though.

"Remember - only you can prevent forest fires" - Smokey the Bear
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2011, 03:04:55 PM »

There was apparently a BW/VDP composition with some 'Sunshine'ish name also touted for Redwood. Or am I losing my mind?

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2011, 03:22:27 PM »

What I find interesting is that Brian produced a Redwood version of "Time" than he rewrote some of the words and recorded vocals (dual lead-he and Carl) that fall (the unreleased version on Hawthorne) and then the group recorded a version closer to the original Redwood version for 20/20.  Personally I prefer the Hawthorne version-because I prefer the dual lead with Brian and Carl in their prime. 
vintagemusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2011, 02:39:22 AM »

I heard Brian Wilson was writing a couple tunes and or producing or arranging a track or
two of Danny Hutton on his new Three Dog Night album. Anybody know anything about that?

I read that online, that Cory Wells had his producer, and Danny Hutton was doing his tracks
with Richie Podolor and Bill Cooper and that somehow Brian Wilson wrote a song or two for
Hutton and was helping in the studio as arranger or something like that.

As far as I know. this would mark the first time since Redwood, that Wilson was helping
Hutton on a Three Dog Night Track
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx