gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:25:00 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Rate Mike Love, Bruce Johnston and David Marks Salute NASCAR
5 - 5 (8.5%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 6 (10.2%)
2 - 8 (13.6%)
1 - 9 (15.3%)
0 - 31 (52.5%)
Total Voters: 48

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love, Bruce Johnston and David Marks Salute NASCAR  (Read 49358 times)
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2013, 10:36:17 PM »

The only things worth listening to on here are Betsy.. Honda..  GTO .. I dislike any musicians that go in a STUDIO and re record stuff.. Not cool.. Live is fine and many times welcomed but studio not cool...$$$  2/5
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2015, 03:44:57 PM »

The vast majority of BB compilation albums are nothing but cheap, shoddily-assembled cash-ins that have no real reason to exist and lessen the prestige of the band for the sake of money.

But this one takes it to a whole new level. Just absolutely disgusting. Yes, the intro is funny. But only as a "Wow, these guys have no shame" type of thing.

The cover art doesn't even look real. It looks like a fake album cover someone on this thread or something would make in photoshop in 5 minutes as a joke. But nope. They were just THAT careless that this is what they released under the profitable Beach Boys name.

It's not even something you can grin and say "Oh, those nutty guys!" about. This album makes me angry. It's things like this that are why very few people I know take this band seriously. Why very few people I know will ever listen to Pet Sounds or SMiLE or Sunflower. It's a damn shame how Mike exploits the name like he does. And can we talk--yet again--about his hypocrisy here? The guy sues Brian in his well deserved moment of glory, finally finishing his masterpiece, for cheapening the bands name. Well Mike...what do you call this? Seriously, what the hell is this?

This doesn't deserve a 0 rating, much less the time I've just spent venting about it.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2015, 07:18:10 AM »

The vast majority of BB compilation albums are nothing but cheap, shoddily-assembled cash-ins that have no real reason to exist and lessen the prestige of the band for the sake of money.

But this one takes it to a whole new level. Just absolutely disgusting. Yes, the intro is funny. But only as a "Wow, these guys have no shame" type of thing.

The cover art doesn't even look real. It looks like a fake album cover someone on this thread or something would make in photoshop in 5 minutes as a joke. But nope. They were just THAT careless that this is what they released under the profitable Beach Boys name.

It's not even something you can grin and say "Oh, those nutty guys!" about. This album makes me angry. It's things like this that are why very few people I know take this band seriously. Why very few people I know will ever listen to Pet Sounds or SMiLE or Sunflower. It's a damn shame how Mike exploits the name like he does. And can we talk--yet again--about his hypocrisy here? The guy sues Brian in his well deserved moment of glory, finally finishing his masterpiece, for cheapening the bands name. Well Mike...what do you call this? Seriously, what the hell is this?

This doesn't deserve a 0 rating, much less the time I've just spent venting about it.
Exactly, Mujan. It's the Lovester doing what he does best in cheapening the name of the group with crap like this which cements the fact that he is indeed a greedy, no talent hack who was given the Beach Boys name and turned it into his own, sad, pathetic carnival/circus side show. And people wonder why I say what I do about him...

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2015, 11:03:53 PM »

I think you are giving the Lovester too much credit here. I mean, how many people have even seen this thing? It's far easier to walk into a cd store - if you can find one in 2015- and find a copy of Sounds of Summer, Pet Sounds or SMiLE than this thing.
elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2015, 08:19:35 PM »

Yes, the intro is funny. But only as a "Wow, these guys have no shame" type of thing.

As someone who has never heard this album and doesn't intend to, mind filling me in on said intro?
elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2015, 10:54:42 AM »

2elnombre: It's on youtube, hear it yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds0dFbM2rZc

Thanks. And also, dear me.

Well, I skimmed through the remakes a little. Competent if pointless. Mike sounded good.
Steve Latshaw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2015, 03:41:11 PM »

If I'm not mistaken, David Marks is on guitar on a handful of cuts.  Except for the spoken intro, Bruce isn't on this at all. 
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2017, 07:29:05 AM »

The introduction is both hilarious and cringeworthy.

The production kinda sucks, but it's not AWFUL. The quality of the songs still shine through, although I'd much rather listen to the originals.

I like "The Little Old Lady" and "Little GTO" a lot actually... And "Ballad Of Ole Betsy" is umm... interesting... It's a heartfelt lead vocal.

I've been really easy on this album, but I'll be honest--- "Don't Worry Baby" SUCKS on this album!! Adrian's lead vocal just hurts my ears.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx