gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680739 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 01:57:11 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'chago' half of Beachago being released -"live in 75"  (Read 2320 times)
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2011, 02:04:07 PM »

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/exclusive-hear-chicagos-introduction-from-their-1975-tour-20110502

Sounds good!  Obviously, the Beach Boys tracks must fully exist. (think that was mentioned on a previous thread).

Not sure if any of the BB are on this album.  Anybody know?

Rhino says "While there is no mention in the press release, those dates were part of the “Beachago” tour featuring Chicago and The Beach Boys. Based on the set lists from those dates, it’s possible that “Wishin’ You Were Here” will feature The Beach Boys on background vocals and “Feelin’ Stronger Every Day” will present Mike Love sharing the lead with Peter Cetera. (Other songs performed by Chicago with The Beach Boys during the Capital Centre Beachago stand and not included on Rhino’s release are “Saturday in the Park,” “Jumpin’ Jack Flash,” “God Only Knows,” “Darlin”,” “California Girls” and “Fun Fun Fun.”)

http://theseconddisc.com/2011/04/11/rhino-knows-what-time-it-is-chicago-live-in-75-coming-from-handmade/
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 04:28:26 PM by SurfRiderHawaii » Logged

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 10:26:27 AM »

Did anyone ever pick this up? I think I read the BBs back one of the songs at the end of the album. Would love to hear more specifics.

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 12:04:38 PM »

Did anyone ever pick this up? I think I read the BBs back one of the songs at the end of the album. Would love to hear more specifics.

I have it.  Great performance, not a very good mix.  The Beach Boys are singing backing vocals on "Wishing You Were Here" and "Feelin' Stronger Everyday" but their voices don't particularly stand out.

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 12:59:25 PM »

Live In 75 available on Spotify.

Or

https://youtu.be/D-Sno-tHAz4
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 01:04:46 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to: