gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:12:24 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: California Dreaming  (Read 6448 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« on: March 03, 2006, 05:11:42 AM »

I uploaded the video to "California Dreaming" on youtube.com
Have fun

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 05:18:58 AM »

I am amazed the videso on "you tube" haven't been squashed by BRI yet.

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 10:55:03 AM »

I can't seem to find the performances of Brian on Leno doing H&V, Good Vibes, and GRYMG anymore, unless I missed it. I saw them earlier in the week.

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 11:53:58 AM »

I think they expire after a certain amount of time. I haven't uploaded anything so I don't really know.

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Susan
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 02:22:04 AM »

Hey - cool!  I've never seen that before.  It's haunting - and the few close-ups of Brian, especially the one on the church where the camera hits each man indivually, is especially dark.  Who directed this? 

Thanks for the link, Rocker.

Does anybody know how to download or otherwise save YouTube links?  It takes forever for them to load in [dialup....i know...] and i'd like to be able to save things like this.  Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 02:23:36 AM by Susan » Logged

All of My Dad's Truck's on-line tracks all in one place!
newsrover222
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 04:34:18 AM »

This site: http://www.hiphopmusic.com/best_of_youtube/2006/02/how_to_download_and_save_youtu.html  explains how to download and convert the video's. It's a bit of work, but worth it, I guess.
Susan
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 05:44:16 AM »

Yikes.  I was hoping for something a lot less involved than that.  Guess i'll go without.  Thanks, tho - i appreciate you pointing me in the right direction!

newsrover222
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006, 11:38:32 AM »

Maybe this: http://javimoya.com/blog/download-videos  is an easier solution ? I haven't given it a try tho, haven't heard any complaints either.  If there's something, not loads, that you realy "need" I'm willing to help ofcourse.
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2006, 07:36:30 AM »

Hey - cool!  I've never seen that before.  It's haunting - and the few close-ups of Brian, especially the one on the church where the camera hits each man indivually, is especially dark.  Who directed this?

Quite amazing indeed. Except for the different hair, BW almost exactly resembles the picture on the back of the Holland LP in that close-up.
Susan
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2006, 11:13:01 AM »

I've lived this long without it, i guess i don't *need* to have the videos.  If they were all collected together on one DVD, of course, that would be the perfect solution for me.

I think what i like best about the California Dreaming video is how very cool, and naturally so, Al looks.

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2006, 01:49:50 PM »

Very boring music video, in my opinion. Not much happening, just everyone trying to be showy and cool.

I like the Getcha Back video better!

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2006, 06:11:33 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssasz4mGFSE

Quite ugly, I know. But it's one of the last times, if not the last, Brian and Carl were on stage together.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Mitchell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2006, 06:21:43 AM »

Was Bruce doing the high parts there?

Watch out for snakes!
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2006, 08:06:21 AM »

Just found You Need a Mess of Help to Stand alone video! seems very rare to me!
very cool to see Daryl Dragon on keys!
Blondie on bass...
and mike looks like he doesnt have much to do
sounds like it's a lipsynching, but i dont know
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNe5j_HW9D4&search=beach%20boys

Afro
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 08:10:43 AM by punkinhead » Logged

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2006, 08:11:48 AM »

all in all, they look really good!

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2006, 09:42:23 AM »

Carl's vocal might be live on "Mess" but I'd say it's all lipsynched. Seeing Carl attempt the slide guitar part without the slide seemed a bit odd. Also strange is how Dennis doesn't appear on camera until near the end, although I love how he cups his ear in classic Dennis fashion to "fake" the backing vocal.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2006, 12:16:34 PM »

my exact thought! i remember i was about to post that denny was missing, then he popped up. It was good to see him, but it wasnt enough. I saw the ear thing too

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2006, 02:05:06 PM »

Just found You Need a Mess of Help to Stand alone video! seems very rare to me!

It is rare; I've never seen it. Thanks for sharing it!

Is this the "official" video for "Mess Of Help"? I have a videotape (very poor quality) of The Beach Boys doing "Mess Of Help", it's black and white I believe; but it's more of a staged video than a live/concert performance of the song. Anybody know the video I'm referring to?
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2006, 10:25:00 PM »

the AB interview, brian seems a little uptight

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UdW0Uv0FYxY&search=beach%20boys

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2006, 09:33:16 AM »

It's really interesting to see the dynamic (or lack thereof) of the band that early in their career. Also, since there is so little in the way of TV interviews from the 60s, its noteworthy that much of the quirky behavior people find alarming in Brian today is on display in 1964.
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2006, 10:51:18 AM »

I went to some of the links I saved of Brian on Leno clips and I got this messege:

"This video has been removed due to copyright infringement." Looks like someone got 'em, heh

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
Lorenschwartz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2006, 08:50:08 AM »

Ya knaw, there is something still to be said about this Internet. Copyright Infringement?
What is the primary function of YouTube supposed to be?
Personally, i dig the concept!!! I haven't seen the Getcha Back Video in a thousand years...I loved it, kind of.

I was looking for brian's mock video for Don't Worry Baby from '85?
I originally saw it on Deja View...anyone remember this one?
It really did something to me then...it brought back the relavence of Brian to me.

Anyway...the Internet is controlled anarchy...let's keep the freedom of exchange alive!!!!
 come on now, the BB 25th aniversary really isn't even officially released yet, right?

I doubt royalties for It's Gettin Late Vid are really in question!!!, ha ha.
LET'S STOP ACCEPTING CORPORATE FEDERAL GOVERNANCE REGULATIONS....
LET THE WIND BLOW!!!!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx