-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 08:49:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  What are you watching now?/Favourite Movie of the Moment
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What are you watching now?/Favourite Movie of the Moment  (Read 441328 times)
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: September 21, 2020, 08:25:18 AM »

Just watched the HBO miniseries Chernobyl. By far the most frightening/haunting show I have ever seen. The first episode is downright spine-tingling chilling. I watched a comparison video on Youtube that showed archival footage of the actual event and the show itself side-by-side and you couldn't really tell much difference between the two: the attention to detail for this show is unmatched.

The message is one that needs to be heard by absolutely everyone: politicians, media, regular folks, me. It's brilliant, sad, and it'll definitely alter your mindset for a while after watching it.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: October 06, 2020, 05:27:50 AM »

Last week I watched the 2013 adaptation of The Great Gatsby, a film I'd seen long before reading the book and seemed to remember liking. I was tired that day, however, and drifted off occasionally. So to do the film credit, I watched it again the next evening -- and loved it!

Loved the book too. With thanks to the wonderful person who introduced me to it. Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rARN6agiW7o

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Gatsby_(2013_film)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 05:28:20 AM by JK » Logged

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: November 13, 2020, 08:07:51 AM »

Been seeing cool youtube channel by black twins - Twinsthenewtrend. Smb. in Beatles.ru shared news about these people recently, with link to their Phil Collins "initial time hearing" reaction. Checking thru channel, see that they listened to BBs' "Surfin' U.S.A.". Fun stuff. 3D

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: July 13, 2021, 06:31:04 AM »

Been seeing cool youtube channel by black twins - TwinsthenewTrend. Smb. in Beatles.ru shared news about these people recently, with link to their Phil Collins "initial time hearing" reaction. Checking thru channel, see that they listened to BBs' "Surfin' U.S.A.". Fun stuff. 3D
Huge fan by now. 3D Thru twins' channel discovered many cool songs. Tim is the fave twin, he began the channel in 2019.
Seen as well few cool b&w films, including finally seen "Casablanca" - guys, if you didn't see it yet, don't. It's snoozy garbage. Single redeeming thing about it - the great Claude Rains with usual brilliancy.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Unreconstructed Wilsonite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: July 13, 2021, 08:21:41 AM »

Been seeing cool youtube channel by black twins - TwinsthenewTrend. Smb. in Beatles.ru shared news about these people recently, with link to their Phil Collins "initial time hearing" reaction. Checking thru channel, see that they listened to BBs' "Surfin' U.S.A.". Fun stuff. 3D
Huge fan by now. 3D Thru twins' channel discovered many cool songs. Tim is the fave twin, he began the channel in 2019.
Seen as well few cool b&w films, including finally seen "Casablanca" - guys, if you didn't see it yet, don't. It's snoozy garbage. Single redeeming thing about it - the great Claude Rains with usual brilliancy.
Oh damn. Haven't seen Casablanca in years, though I've been planning on giving it a watch before the end of the week. First though, I'm going to give Now Voyager a watch
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: