gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 08:28:29 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 50th anniversay - early songs live?  (Read 9068 times)
bsten
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2011, 03:04:34 PM »

50th anniversary!! What would be more fun than hearing the very first songs live??? Smiley

Misirlou, Ten little indians, Summertime blues, What is a young girl made of, The baker man, Little girl,
County fair, Noble surfer, Lana............. Remember them? Wink

/B

c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 09:13:50 AM »

50th anniversary!! What would be more fun than hearing the very first songs live??? Smiley

Misirlou, Ten little indians, Summertime blues, What is a young girl made of, The baker man, Little girl,

/B

Mr. Moto.

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 09:25:28 AM »

Their version of "Sherry".

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 07:56:26 AM »

"let's do Luau!"

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 02:23:51 PM »

/B

Not hearing the very first songs live.

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
ghost
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 11:12:40 PM »

I doubt Brian even remembers them.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 06:15:09 AM »

Brian remembers EVERYTHING

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 11:37:08 AM »

They have to do "Surfin'", that's mandatory.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 04:31:07 PM »

/B

I don't see Misirlou being a good choice, why? Well, the person who made that song and the other early instrumentals great was CARL WILSON, so I don't see anyone taking over that position of playing the guitar and leading that or any other guitar lead instrumentals (besides After the Game or Summer Means New Love, they're more a long the lines of Brian lead instrumentals)...Perhaps David Marks could play those guitar leads, but that recalls having DAVID INVOLVED!  Grin

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 10:47:33 PM »

I`d like to see a return to the Reiley era setlists.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 11:02:08 AM »

Doing "sherry she needs me" live as a new yet old song would be awesome.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 02:07:39 PM »

I feel like 1/3 of the songs wouldn't be playable...that is if a 1/3 of the songs were Denny/Carl songs...sure, a few should be performed at an anniversary...but perhaps not from this era....maybe Long Promised Road?

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 10:01:34 PM »

Brian already does Marcella, Add Some Music, and SOS. M and B can pull off Disney Girls and All This Is That. Al does Cal. Saga. Feet, Lookin` at Tomorrow, Tree, Mess of Help, Funky Pretty, Let the Wind Blow, Caroline No, Wonderful, Vegatables, and CCW all could be doable. Maybe even Trader.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 10:04:36 PM »

And also add Never Learn Not To Love to the setlist.

runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2011, 06:43:13 AM »

Not gonna happen. Sad

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx