gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 09:50:44 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hi there  (Read 2904 times)
homeontherange
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2011, 07:08:14 AM »

I guess it's not too late to do one of these posts.
Hi everyone, I'm homeontherange and I've been lurking on this forum for about half a year.
I've been a BB/BW fan since 2007 when I first listened to Pet Sounds. I'd heard it passively when my friend was playing it for me but didn't pay any attention to it. Well, I was on a train to somewhere and felt I didn't have anything new to listen to, so I thought I'd give Pet Sounds a chance thinking it was all surfin/cars songs. But I was very wrong. I remember when I got to "Don't Talk" I was completely blown away. It felt so weird but so right and so, so beautiful. That's where I understood what Pet Sounds was, and why it was so good.
After hearing that song I listened to all the other songs from a different perspective, and instantly recognized that this was the best album ever written. This was one of the best days of my life Smiley When I got home, I listened to the instrumental versions of the songs, which was awesome as well. The music is so damn deep!
Since then, I've mostly been obsessing with their late 60's stuff from time to time. I'm the kind of guy that gets obsessed with different artists/bands for periods of time. I mostly only focus on one band or artist.  Lately I've gotten very obsessed with Smile, when I got the SOT bootlegs. And I'm currently doing my own mix. CAN'T WAIT for July!

Favourite BB songs: The Little Girl I Once Knew, God Only Knows, Wouldn't It Be Nice, Don't Talk, Wonderful, Wind Chimes, Cabinessence, Surf's Up, Til I Die, Look, Let The Wind Blow, Here Comes The Night (original version Tongue), I Just Wasn't Made For These Times, Let's Go Away For Awhile... I could continue forever but I'll stop here.

I'm only 19 so be nice to me plz  Cool Guy
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 07:35:02 AM »

Hey!! Welcome

Nice to have young fans here, I'm 20, joined when I was 16 just for the picture thread  Grin

This is a great time to be a BB fan, with SMiLE coming and all, stick around  Smokin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
homeontherange
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 07:54:39 AM »

This is a great time to be a BB fan, with SMiLE coming and all, stick around  Smokin

I know! It's so great that Smile's coming out this year. I started my Smile obsession about a month before it was announced to be released. Wohoo!  Grin
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 10:17:57 AM »

welcome, homeontherange!

Favourite BB songs: The Little Girl I Once Knew, God Only Knows, Wouldn't It Be Nice, Don't Talk, Wonderful, Wind Chimes, Cabinessence, Surf's Up, Til I Die, Look, Let The Wind Blow, Here Comes The Night (original version Tongue), I Just Wasn't Made For These Times, Let's Go Away For Awhile... I could continue forever but I'll stop here.

.... but that's a very good list to start with.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 04:46:31 PM »

It's an almost bottomless well of musical discovery, especially for one just getting started.  Happy listening!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx