-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 11:31:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Old cartoon that I remember seeing as a child
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Old cartoon that I remember seeing as a child  (Read 7742 times)
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2011, 08:47:18 PM »

Ok, this is going to be a truly random thread, but it's bugging the heck out of me and I was hoping somebody could help me identify it. I remember seeing an old children's cartoon that used to air on one of the sunday cartoon shows in the early 1990's. I only remember tiny pieces of it, so my description is going to be quite vague. I remember something about children workers. They may have even been fairies or something similar. I remember them collecting liquid in buckets. The only thing I really clearly remember is brilliant beautiful liquids in bright colors, like red, purple, blue, yellow, etc. That's about all I remember. It resembled a Silly Symphonies cartoon, but I don't think it was made by Disney. Could anybody help me out with any slight clues or suggestions about what this might be?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 09:15:20 PM »

Oh foder..I KNOW which one you're talking about. Meh...if I had some weed I'd probably remember (it's like spinach is to popeye lol)

At first I was thinking Wish Kid (had Macaulay Culkin in it, something to do with a magical baseball mitt or something) but that was not Disney...are you absolutely sure it wasn't Gummy Bear Adventures?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 09:24:30 PM by Billy C » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 09:21:20 PM »

Oh foder..I KNOW which one you're talking about. Meh...if I had some weed I'd probably remember (it's like spinach is to popeye lol)
GAH!!!  Ahhh!

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 09:23:35 PM »

The bad thing is I don't even remember enough of it to help me do a YouTube search for it.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 09:24:46 PM »

Wait...Sunday morning?

I think I got it...hold on...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 09:28:49 PM by Billy C » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 09:35:09 PM »

I think I remember a little more. I think it took place in a cave, and they weren't faries. I think they were those mythical creatures that are half human, half horse. What the heck are those called?  Grin

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 09:38:04 PM »

I knew Saturday morning cartoons like nobody's business...Sundays are a bit trickier.

Only ones I can think of off the top of my head are Johnny Quest, Fantastic Max, and Princess Gwenevere and the Jewel Riders. Since you mentioned Centaurs, that might be it...lemme check real quick...

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 09:39:45 PM »

My wife said it's Galtar and the Golden Lance...dunno if she's right

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 09:41:44 PM »

To be honest, I just said sunday cartoon shows just off the top of my head. Actually, I just remember seeing it on the weekend real early in the morning. I think it was an older cartoon, like from the 1930's or 40's. It has a similar feel to the Silly Symphonies or Loony Tunes cartoons, but I don't think it was eather one of those.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 09:42:49 PM »

My wife said it's Galtar and the Golden Lance...dunno if she's right
I don't think it was a series...just a single cartoon.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 09:43:06 PM »

Ohhhhhh....well, sh*t son, could be anything then LOL

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 09:45:20 PM »

Thanks anyway.  Grin On the subject of things we remember from our childhood, am I the only person on earth who seems to remember a "Candyland" tv show, or cartoon movie? I have searched and searched pretty much the entire internwt, and have come up with nothing. I'm starting to think I may be losing it. Grin

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 09:50:14 PM »

Camp Candy?

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2011, 10:02:53 PM »

Camp Candy?
Nope, but that link was an unexpected blast from my past. It's odd how you can totally block something out of your brain, almost to the point of it not even existing or happening. But all it takes is something like your link to jump start your memory. The mind can really do some cool tricks at times,  LOL

Jason
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2011, 09:49:38 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXFSsKFrCgY

This is the best cartoon. Ever. Potentially NSFW if people are offended by stereotypes.
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 03:00:59 PM »

Boy, it sure sounds like you're talking about the Beethoven segment of Fantasia. But that of course is just one segment of a feature length movie.

When you talk about the brilliance of the liquids, that's the first thing that comes to mind.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 04:24:57 PM »

Def sounds like the Sorcerer's Apprentice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XChxLGnIwCU

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
MBE
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 04:35:35 PM »

This is the best cartoon. Ever. Potentially NSFW if people are offended by stereotypes.
CRAZY. Is it wrong that I think this is entertaining in a twisted sort of way.
All Golden 74
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 07:12:27 PM »

Is this it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv3kZ0XYfWU
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2011, 07:22:04 PM »

No I don't think so, a lot of historians say it's one of the best of the era.

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2011, 07:48:03 PM »

Holy sh*t, that's it!!! THANK YOU!!!!  Grin I haven't seen that cartoon since I was about eight or nine.  Grin

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2011, 08:05:06 PM »

Look up the cartoon Der Furor's Face. I guarantee you, you will never in your life see anything more disturbing and twisted than Donald Duck doing the Seig Heil sign.

Jason
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2011, 11:04:09 PM »

No I don't think so, a lot of historians say it's one of the best of the era.

I don't see much of anything offensive about Coal Black And De Sebben Dwarfs, frankly. Stereotyping is nothing new to cartoons and people should know that the staff at Warner Bros. made fun of everything and anything under the sun regardless of any kind of marker for controversy. Coal Black And De Sebben Dwarfs is by no means "racist" although it does exhibit some of the stereotypes. It's well known that Bob Clampett (director) was a great fan of jazz and black culture and he was actually persuaded by some of his friends in said cultures to do an all-black cast for a cartoon. It's no surprise that Clampett's two cartoons that are part of the infamous "Censored Eleven" are the ones that people defend the most; compare them to Friz Freleng's cartoons on the same list (specifically Clean Pastures, about a heaven named Pair-O-Dice run by blacks and offering free watermelons for its patrons, and Sunday Go To Meetin' Time, with its mocking of southern black spirituals and religion, portrays its main character as a chicken thief, and has a sequence set in hell) and you'll find much more mean-spirited stuff in Freleng's contributions, and he also has four of the eleven cartoons on the list (Tex Avery has three, Bob Clampett two, and Rudolf Isling and Chuck Jones each have one).

EDIT: The below link has links to many YouTube uploads of various and sundry "controversial" cartoons. Worth a look once or twice. Again, potentially NSFW.

http://mubi.com/lists/12900
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 11:15:25 PM by The Real Beach Boy » Logged
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 03:32:57 AM »

That was awesome! Esp the Murder Inc' sign.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2014, 11:11:48 PM »

The best? Ever? Well, I'm either not catching it or the cartoon is really nothing special. Too many boring scenes (the intro by a fireplace, laughable dance of Coal Black & prince Chawmin', ugly dwarfs). But you're right, censoring this 'toon was a strange idea, I also didn't see anything disturbing there.

My go-to favorite is "Alice in Wonderland", classic Disney version. Favorite series - "Growing up Creepie", about a girl who lives with insects. The main song is great!

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: