gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 03:14:10 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another long time fan but newly registered member here  (Read 2894 times)
jpinmyroom
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2011, 03:05:46 AM »

Hello everyone.

My name is JP im 31 and have been a massive BB fan since the 1st time i heard I get around in the back of my dads car aged 13. There was something about the sound of that song that made me go weak inside, after pestering my dad for a few days i finally managed to get him to buy me a greatest hits and was astounded by the harmonies,melodies etc.

Fast forward to many years later, i now own every album on record/cd (yes even still crusin) I was always thought of at school as being a bit wierd for my fascination with TBB while everyone else was into rave/dance but i learnt to live with it and although i like many other bands there will never be one that comes close to the magic that surrounds Brian and the lads for me.

Ive seen Brian twice and will be going again in September I dont want to go and see Mike and Bruce cos for me seeing them will burst the bubble as they are happy to be a travelling jukebox whereas brian still comes up with new albums.

My favourite BB album right now is Friends but that will change tomorrow depending on my mood lol My Favourite BW solo album is lucky old sun.

I love the new AJ song Dont Fight the Sea (nice to hear those harmonies again on a new track)

I write my own songs and play most instruments my fav being the piano and i like to think my style of playing is close to BW style.

Thanks for listening

JP
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 04:26:14 AM »

Welcome JP, enjoy your (many) visits on this board.

And if you want to share your own music, don't forget there's a "Smiley Smilers Who Make Music" section where you can share your music (and ideas, opinions, etc.)

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
jpinmyroom
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 01:18:19 PM »

Im sure ill have enough comments to make. Grin

Ive posted a song called ocean blue in the songwriters board that I wrote a few weeks ago if anyone wants to listen cheers.

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 01:21:12 PM »

Im sure ill have enough comments to make. Grin

Ive posted a song called ocean blue in the songwriters board that I wrote a few weeks ago if anyone wants to listen cheers.

Loved the song, and welcome!

It's an incredible time to be a Beach Boys fan.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx