gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:16:45 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Promotional Posters  (Read 39322 times)
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2011, 12:35:37 AM »

back to promotional stuff: bumper stickers (which one would receive yearly after renewing your subscription on the BBFC newsletter)

Did they only do this for three years?

I have several duplicates of most of these, so I assume it was more than three years. Just checked the archives. It seems that I was a member of BBFC for 8 years. And with every renewal one would receive a sticker and a badge (and a membership card). Still had them - well hidden - in a map somewhere.

No clue from which magazine I got this from, but it's a Dutch add for a Californian company that delivers/delivered computer equipment.

I guess that's probably an early IBM laptop they're carrying...

they sure made some progress since then...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 12:51:33 AM by SMiLE-Holland » Logged

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2011, 01:10:57 AM »

here's some of the badges that one would receive with every renewal of the BBFC membership

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2011, 01:17:44 AM »

O, and one could buy all kinds of merchandise at the BBFC at the time. And - Why? No idea! - I even ordered a few things (gotta love those trendy colours  Grin ...I guess I was a bit too overenthousiastic with collecting... even bought a SIP T-shirt)

can cooler

hip bag

cap
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 01:20:03 AM by SMiLE-Holland » Logged

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2011, 02:51:42 PM »

O, and one could buy all kinds of merchandise at the BBFC at the time. And - Why? No idea! - I even ordered a few things (gotta love those trendy colours  Grin ...I guess I was a bit too overenthousiastic with collecting... even bought a SIP T-shirt)

can cooler

hip bag

cap

Wish I HAD bought that stuff!  The things a collection is made of. 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2011, 02:55:13 PM »

the prom
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 09:28:24 AM by bgas » Logged

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2011, 03:18:39 PM »

You guys need to post more buttons - there's quite a bit more - for POB and Brian's albums too.

The Making of Holland book. Back in early '73 there was a stack of them on the front counter at Record Facory. Or was it Tower, I don't remember. I asked the guy if they were freebies - he said, "Yeah, take one"!  So I grabbed a handful and he didn't say anything. I shoulda grabbed the whole stack of them!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2011, 04:25:53 PM »

Awesome, thanks a lot for the heads up, Mikie!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 05:52:29 PM by Midnight Special » Logged
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2011, 04:58:29 PM »

Midnight, if you right click on each page with the mouse and "save as" to your desktop, the whole booklet can be read just fine.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2011, 07:08:42 PM »

Midnight, if you right click on each page with the mouse and "save as" to your desktop, the whole booklet can be read just fine.

Or just have Mikie send you one; he's got a handful of them!  ( but he has really small hands....)

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2011, 08:51:57 PM »

You guys need to post more buttons - there's quite a bit more - for POB and Brian's albums too.

You need to quit living so precariously thru the rest of us; get sum gumption and tell blanca that you need to live a little too! then open up the storage locker, wipe away the cobwebs, and post some pics of the goodies you have stashed away.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 09:29:03 AM by bgas » Logged

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2011, 09:07:50 PM »

Say, I know...  
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 09:29:25 AM by bgas » Logged

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2011, 10:32:19 PM »

You need to quit living so precariously thru the rest of us; get sum gumption and tell blanca that you need to live a little too! then open up the storage locker, wipe away the cobwebs, and post some pics of the goodies you have stashed away.

You're missing a few buttons, but you have a couple I don't have too. Do you have the Honeys box set to go with that Honeys button? And the tour program to go with the Caesars Palace button? And the Getcha Back bumper sticker to go with the others there? And the Beach Boys license plate frame, and the....and the....and the.....it never ends.

I never did pick up the surfboard pin promo for the '93 box set. Always wanted that - I've seen it on Ebay (among other things) a few times but didn't bother. And the sunglasses that went with Stars & Stripes.

Anybody reading this (5 people) have a Salt Lake City/Amusement Parks USA promo 45 for sale? I'll bet Smile-Holland has one.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 11:29:10 PM by Mikie » Logged

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2011, 01:58:39 AM »

Anybody reading this (5 people) have a Salt Lake City/Amusement Parks USA promo 45 for sale? I'll bet Smile-Holland has one.

I do have one, but I can't remember putting it up for sale...  Smiley

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2011, 02:06:13 AM »

found one more pin in my collection: (measures 3 - 4,5 cm's = 1.2 - 1.8 inches)

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2011, 02:06:57 AM »

Promo booklet, The Making Of Holland: 

Totally forgot about that one (I have it as well). Good one!

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2011, 06:35:08 AM »

You're missing a few buttons, but you have a couple I don't have too. Do you have the Honeys box set to go with that Honeys button? And the tour program to go with the Caesars Palace button? And the Getcha Back bumper sticker to go with the others there? And the Beach Boys license plate frame, and the....and the....and the.....it never ends.

I never did pick up the surfboard pin promo for the '93 box set. Always wanted that - I've seen it on Ebay (among other things) a few times but didn't bother. And the sunglasses that went with Stars & Stripes.

Anybody reading this (500 people) have a Salt Lake City/Amusement Parks USA promo 45 for sale? I'll bet Smile-Holland has one.

Where's the pics of your buttons??  and all the stuff you ask about.
After I give you this link, I'm boycotting your questions and starting a campaign. 
Salt Lake City on ebay, minimum bid $29.99: 
http://cgi.ebay.com/BEACH-BOYS-Salt-Lake-City-RARE-PROMO-ONLY-45-1965-/140543441317?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item20b90ab9a5

The campaign: everybody get together and please don't post anything Mikie mentions, until he becomes one with us, and posts some pictures.

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2011, 09:59:43 AM »

found one more pin in my collection: (measures 3 - 4,5 cm's = 1.2 - 1.8 inches)

Coincidently, I have that same pin sitting about 10 feet from me as we speak! Can't even remember where I got it.

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2011, 11:23:40 AM »

Coincidently, I have that same pin sitting about 10 feet from me as we speak! Can't even remember where I got it.

The seller told me it was from the 15BO era.

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2011, 01:02:26 PM »

The seller told me it was from the 15BO era.

That was a smelly time

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2011, 09:13:40 AM »

Waiting For Mikie, or someone like him;

« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 09:30:03 AM by bgas » Logged

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2011, 10:57:45 PM »

That last one is a real treat, bgas.

I'll look up some more promotional items later this week.

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2011, 07:45:42 AM »

Couple mo  

« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 09:30:51 AM by bgas » Logged

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2011, 02:26:47 AM »

Pet Sounds Box promotional sheets / photo's

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2011, 02:31:19 AM »

German promo flyer (front and back) for the BW at The Roxy CD. Got these at a German CD shop, in Hamburg prior to the Brian Wilson presents Pet Sounds concert on January 22nd 2002

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2011, 02:34:26 AM »

BWPS UK concert poster

and a promo poster for the CD, which I got from my local CD shop.

gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx