gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 07:52:44 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm New...  (Read 3780 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2011, 02:36:32 PM »

I just got into the Beach Boys 4 months ago when i bought "The Beach Boys Today!". With the SMiLE release coming out this year,  I am glad I became a fan at such a great time and I am also excited to join in on the conversations on this board.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 03:27:21 PM by briansbathrobe » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 03:33:27 PM »

Welcome..

Really exciting times with the smile box coming  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 04:26:48 PM »

Yeah, exciting times with great music as the soundtrack.  Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Austin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 04:29:59 PM »

Also, that username is excellent.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 04:49:00 PM »

Thanks, i got the idea for the name after finding a green bathrobe in my house that was like Brian's 15 big ones/love you era one.

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 05:43:31 PM »

Guy I know in California use to post on the Cabinessence board as "Bathrobed Messiah". His avatar depicted Brian wearing his blue bathrobe to the beach holding a surf board - it made the cover of Rolling Stone in 1976. The picture I think was taken by Annie Leibovitz during the "It's OK" TV special in 1976. Brian also wore a purple glittery one onstage in 1977. And the picture of him in the Radiant Radish which was classic!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 05:59:56 PM »

I saw that cover with Brian holding a surf board in blue bathrobe, i just remembered a green one from in the "It's okay" SNL tv special from the 1970s when Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi are dressed up as cops and make Brian try to surf.  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 06:11:22 PM by briansbathrobe » Logged

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx