gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 06:02:15 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Concert posters  (Read 64543 times)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2011, 12:11:23 PM »

Ouch!  In the middle of typing when my picture service took me down!

« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 09:02:26 AM by bgas » Logged

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2011, 12:38:17 PM »

Thanks to a good friend of mine that owns these programs (and poster), I'm able to show some rare Dutch programs.
Be sure to thank him, and be so kind to congrat him with his birthday today  Grin
(he's a member of this board - GoinBald - so he'll read it)

1969 Dutch tourbooklet. 4 pages in black & white.

and a little bonus: the complete setlist of that afternoon worked out on a type machine.

and yet another bonus: the concertposter:

« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 01:01:54 PM by SMiLE-Holland » Logged

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2011, 12:42:08 PM »

And here's the 1970 one, similar to the 1969 one.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2011, 12:47:30 PM »

Happy birthday GoinBald !!

And thanks to you guys for more of these cool programmes !
It's nice that they included pictures of Dennis in the SIP-programm.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2011, 01:26:10 PM »

Really, they had to, for in Australia, the 'Early years" lasted a lot longer than anywhere else in the world.

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2011, 01:33:52 PM »

Thanks to a good friend of mine that owns these programs (and poster), I'm able to show some rare Dutch programs.
Be sure to thank him, and be so kind to congrat him with his birthday today  Grin
(he's a member of this board - GoinBald - so he'll read it)

1969 Dutch tourbooklet. 4 pages in black & white.

and a little bonus: the complete setlist of that afternoon worked out on a type machine.

and yet another bonus: the concertposter:

And here's the 1970 one, similar to the 1969 one.

Oh man, those are TOO Cool!  Somebody tell me where I can get one of each, please!!!!!!!!!!!  ( I don't have any Dutch programs; no Czech, Russian, Polish, French, Swiss, Italian, Spanish, Belgian, ones either , yet) Nor any from Israel, Turkey, Greece, Egypt, India and I'm not sure they even visited any of these countries, but they probably printed tour books anyway...

Happy Birthday GoinBald!  let's Talk!! 

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2011, 02:29:44 PM »

These are so awesome and have got me thinking about one question, does anybody know of or have have a Lei'd in Hawaii concert booklet?

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2011, 02:33:03 PM »

Really, they had to, for in Australia, the 'Early years" lasted a lot longer than anywhere else in the world.

Is that why they have the Beach Boys Concert-cover on the front of a 1970 programme ?  Wink
But what does it have to do with SIP ?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2011, 02:49:59 PM »

Is that why they have the Beach Boys Concert-cover on the front of a 1970 programme ?  Wink

Uh-oh, are we talking apples and oranges? 
I have no idea on the 70 programme. Maybe that's the pic the promoters thought would draw the biggest crowds?

The Dennis shots in the SIP programme are included in the section " the early years", which looks like it spans until at least 1995. My favorite there, has to be the shot of Bruce just after the amputation of his legs at the knees, done especially for the dedication of the Star in the Hollywood sidewalk. 

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2011, 05:31:42 PM »

Uh-oh, are we talking apples and oranges? 
I have no idea on the 70 programme. Maybe that's the pic the promoters thought would draw the biggest crowds?

The Dennis shots in the SIP programme are included in the section " the early years", which looks like it spans until at least 1995. My favorite there, has to be the shot of Bruce just after the amputation of his legs at the knees, done especially for the dedication of the Star in the Hollywood sidewalk. 

Ah, I see. Didn't look for the superscriptions

- Jack Rieley
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2011, 10:57:32 PM »

Oh man, those are TOO Cool!  Somebody tell me where I can get one of each, please!!!!!!!!!!!  ( I don't have any Dutch programs; no Czech, Russian, Polish, French, Swiss, Italian, Spanish, Belgian, ones either , yet) Nor any from Israel, Turkey, Greece, Egypt, India and I'm not sure they even visited any of these countries, but they probably printed tour books anyway...

I'll be on the look out, bgas.

metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2011, 02:39:52 AM »

Thanks to everyone who has shared their collections. Wonderful stuff, indeed  Grin

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2011, 02:42:02 AM »

Japanese Tour Program, 1966

Very cool! 
I've only seen a few of these. Yours being signed on the title page and back cover; mine is signed on the front cover and title page.  I wonder if all copies were signed , or the two of us hold lucky ones.  I rather like yours a bit more, as the sigs don't obscure the front pic, but Thrilled to have one for sure!

I'm in very good company here!

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
OBLiO
Smiley Smile Associate

Do The Hokey Pokey with all your might

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2011, 12:39:47 AM »

Not sure where this could go, but this is the program cover plus the page with Brian at the L.A. Pro Set Music Awards. I was at the event, but all I could remember is a friend won tickets on the radio, Dread Zeppelin was on stage, the Go-Go's sat in the row behind us, words were spoken about Frank Zappa, Brian Wilson sang California Girls, and Barbara Eden sat in our row. So I e-mailed that friend and he reminded me and he remembered Barbara Eden too. I think I still have the program in a box with the ticket stub... at any rate I noticed Ian had posted a Feb, 20th date and that is also on Andrew's site, but the program cover says the 19th. If I can get into my boxes to see if I still have the ticket stub that would verify the date. The most important thing is Barbara Eden was there.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 09:32:25 PM by OBLiO » Logged

"Remember - only you can prevent forest fires" - Smokey the Bear
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2011, 06:21:34 AM »

Not sure where this could go, but this is the program cover plus the page with Brian at the L.A. Pro Set Music Awards. I was at the event, but all I could remember is a friend won tickets on the radio, Dread Zeppelin was on stage, the Go-Go's sat in the row behind us, words were spoken about Frank Zappa, Brian Wilson sang California Girls, and Barbara Eden sat in our row. So I e-mailed that friend and he reminded me and he remembered Barbara Eden too. I think I still have the program in a box with the ticket stub... at any rate I noticed Ian had posted a Feb, 20th date and that is also on Andrew's site, but the program cover says the 19th. If I can get into my boxes to see if I still have the ticket stub that would verify the date. The most important thing is Barbara Eden was there.

Hey, nothing personal, but you're on  the wrong message board. This isn't the Barbara Eden Fan Appreciation site!

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2011, 07:27:02 AM »

SH favorite
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 09:04:21 AM by bgas » Logged

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2011, 07:32:54 AM »

Strange, no single pic of Carl and sans Dennis in the group photo. Yet Dennis has a single photo. Very different, but kind of like the real state of The Beach Boys in that time period.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2011, 07:34:37 AM »

germany
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 09:04:52 AM by bgas » Logged

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2011, 07:35:53 AM »

Strange, no single pic of Carl and sans Dennis in the group photo. Yet Dennis has a single photo. Very different, but kind of like the real state of The Beach Boys in that time period.

Check it here, and see a partial explanation:  http://www.esquarterly.com/bellagio/gigs81.html

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2011, 07:36:15 AM »

South Africa.  Sun City 1981/82  ( Those Bad Bad Boys)

You know, this is the programme I hope to find in the future... I think I have to give my contacts there my new wishlist.

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2011, 09:03:05 AM »

You know, this is the programme I hope to find in the future... I think I have to give my contacts there my new wishlist.

It can be SO much easier than that!!  ( you sneak in on GB, grab the Dutch programs, and we do a "secret" trade)
Don't let anyone know you're thinking about doing this, tho.....

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2011, 11:27:31 AM »

It can be SO much easier than that!!  ( you sneak in on GB, grab the Dutch programs, and we do a "secret" trade)
Don't let anyone know you're thinking about doing this, tho.....

I think you forgot to tell me this in a PM instead of this topic...  Grin

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2011, 12:22:26 PM »

Germany.  1966 and 1968 .  Somehow, somewhere I feel there is a 1967 German tour program just dying to be in my collection. Rocker, help me here!

I really wish I could !

I looked on ebay.de and only found a '66 UK programme:

And on this site I found the following:

- Jack Rieley
OBLiO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2011, 12:28:09 PM »

Hey, nothing personal, but you're on  the wrong message board. This isn't the Barbara Eden Fan Appreciation site!

Wait where am I?      JEEEEEAAAAANNNNNNNIIIIEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

OBLiO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2011, 12:32:18 PM »

Is that Lake Arrowhead? Dennis is wearing the same thing in the promo video... interesting.

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx