-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:03:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  What happened to the drama?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What happened to the drama?  (Read 5002 times)
Rerun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2011, 06:46:45 PM »

Hey guys.  Been away a long time, only visiting on occasion.  I sure miss the "good ole days" with the smileysmiley/smileshop feud and the release of BWPS.  Daily drama and Ian being a general antagonist used to fuel those places.  My personal height was probably the "Why are you such a bastard" thread with a mock daily countdown of the greatest bastards on the site, but I sure have a lot of good memories of those days.

Anybody else have a favorite memory of those days or care to reminisce?

"Today, in our increasingly secular world, loving one another doesn't just mean "loving."  It means being forced to accept as normal those behaviors and lifestyles that are absolutely abnormal.  It's not enough to live and let live.  You must chant their mantra as well; you must repent, renounce your own values, and pronounce those of the radical left as superior and adopt them."
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 06:51:39 PM »

Ian and many others from those days have a more wide-ranging site called The Record Room.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Rerun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 07:19:09 PM »

Reeeeeally....I may have to check that out.  Would be cool to see what the kids are up to...

"Today, in our increasingly secular world, loving one another doesn't just mean "loving."  It means being forced to accept as normal those behaviors and lifestyles that are absolutely abnormal.  It's not enough to live and let live.  You must chant their mantra as well; you must repent, renounce your own values, and pronounce those of the radical left as superior and adopt them."
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 10:51:18 PM »

Yeah, I remember being absent and wondering where a lot of the others went, I was kinda sad to see some good members/posters leave...and I do believe I was invited to the Record Room but I just I couldn't find myself to be a part of 2 different boards...It's almost like having 2 different blogs and wondering if you should post one idea in two different places for 2 different reactions.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Jason
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 04:23:51 PM »

The drama was worse back in late 2009, early 2010. The pinnacle (and end) of the circus on the Smiley Smile board. The parties involved in said trysts will know who they are. Smiley
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 04:44:17 PM »

Yeah, I remember being absent and wondering where a lot of the others went, I was kinda sad to see some good members/posters leave...and I do believe I was invited to the Record Room but I just I couldn't find myself to be a part of 2 different boards...It's almost like having 2 different blogs and wondering if you should post one idea in two different places for 2 different reactions.
I know what you mean about multiple boards. For a while I was on three or four or something, but frankly I just don't have the energy for it. I like the Record Room for the breadth and depth of conversations; my favorite thing about this board is actually probably the "Smilers Who Make Music" forum, when I'm in the mood to post music for comment or comment on other people's. My Beach Boys energy is pretty lacking most of the time, so the main function of the board appeals to me less nowadays.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 12:14:35 AM »

The drama was worse back in late 2009, early 2010. The pinnacle (and end) of the circus on the Smiley Smile board. The parties involved in said trysts will know who they are. Smiley
It was nobody that I'd ever heard of... Wink 

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Rerun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 06:44:14 PM »

I used to visit this board constantly.  I remember stepping back and realizing I think about Brian Wilson literally every single day.  Eventually, I got a little burnt out and have had trouble getting excited about the post-BWPS work, but still like the personality of the board, so I pop my head in on occasion.

onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 03:28:05 PM »

Really? There was a buncha drama here in the last year? I fee like I missed it.

I can't it would imagine dwarfing the whole LaurieArleen saga on the old Smile Shop board. That one had my heart a-pounding.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 06:04:38 PM »

apparently i'm F-ing OCD because of all the lists I post, being that I received an e-mail from a banned Smiler (more like a Frowner)...I didn't think my lists, or anybody's lists were a bad thing; if people didn't respond, then I'd be less likely to post them...I just like reading about fan's preferences to obscure material and such.....it's all about the preference, not the list.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 09:07:21 AM »

Really? THAT's the drama? Wow. Sorry to hear it! I can't imagine people getting oversensitive about list posting, but anything can happen.

Don't give up!
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 02:27:30 PM »

Oh...DRAMA. Yeah. It's back. (Perhaps we should have a "DRAMA IS BACK" campaign?  Cheesy )
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: