-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:35:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  The (US only) Curse of "River Deep, Mountain HIgh" Strikes Again
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The (US only) Curse of "River Deep, Mountain HIgh" Strikes Again  (Read 6665 times)
Fun Is In
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2011, 06:01:17 AM »

American Idol contestant Pia T did a fine version of the song and promptly and shockingly got voted off the show this week. Never mind that she had more talent and looks than several or more of the other contestants.

sherryluvsbrian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 06:08:14 AM »

American Idol contestant Pia T did a fine version of the song and promptly and shockingly got voted off the show this week. Never mind that she had more talent and looks than several or more of the other contestants.

I was angry, yelling at the tv. Thats screwed up.

If you want to know me, listen to my music.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 06:12:49 AM »

I was angry, yelling at the tv. Thats screwed up.
Gawd I luv AI.

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 01:30:12 PM »

People still watch that show??!

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Jason
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 01:44:38 PM »

Americans have no taste, in general. Culturally behind in every possible way.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 01:49:31 PM »

Ahhh, but that in itself is a culture. Grin

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 01:50:13 PM »

Ur just jellus dat u r`nt as kewl az us reel mericans dat wach da best muzishans in da werld sing on idol!

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 02:04:53 PM »

...well we got the Beach Boy's, Andy Warhol, and uhhh, help me out here....and Motown!
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 02:15:08 PM »

I think Real Beach Boy was being sarcastic...last I knew he was from either the Penn Republic or Sylvania...can`t remember which one though. Cheesy

Jason
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 07:32:15 AM »

Semi-sarcastic. I'm from Fluffy, home of the Fluffy Phillies and Fluffy Iggles. (Fluffy is the stereotypical "street" way of saying Philadelphia)
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 08:11:54 AM »

The only city that destroys itself when they win a championship. Not sure why they haven't stripped you of your teams yet.

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Jason
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 08:25:15 AM »

In defense of my teams, I am a Phillies and Eagles fan, and I have never engaged in the stupid antics that so many of my fellow Fluffy-ans have. Of course, when the fans go apeshit over a Phils or Eagles loss, the first people to criticize are the Phils or Eagles themselves! I do believe that Philadelphia has some of the greatest fans in the world but the idiots who decide to get drunk and cause trouble after a Phillies or Eagles game are not the general population of the city. The police have started a zero-tolerance policy on that stuff. If you're seen causing any trouble after a Phils or Eagles game, you're busted.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 09:12:08 AM »

Wow, folks on this board actually watch American Idol?
I thought we all had the good sense of having good tastes.

shouldn't assume such things I guess    Grin
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 09:13:01 AM by punkinhead » Logged

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 09:35:12 AM »

You think that's bad, try being English! Most people over here try to copy America!

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2011, 10:06:21 AM »

As an American and an artist I cannot comprehend the thought of people watching American Idol, i.e. my parents. Not all of us Americans are un-cultured though...except for Phillies fans.... Wink
sherryluvsbrian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 11:22:58 AM »

I like AI. I also like Survivor. We all have different taste in TV.

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2011, 02:45:15 PM »

I like AI. I also like Survivor. We all have different taste in TV.
Speaking of being behind...I always felt as a kid I was behind by 5 years (pop culturally)...I was born in 84...but in 90...it was still 1985 (tv, music, and movies)....still is.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Jason
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2011, 03:03:21 PM »

As an American and an artist I cannot comprehend the thought of people watching American Idol, i.e. my parents. Not all of us Americans are un-cultured though...except for Phillies fans.... Wink

You're a Mets fan, aren't you? Smiley
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2011, 03:37:54 PM »

I went to a friends house this past weekend and was watching TV on his 60 inch HDTV - trying to find one channel out of a thousand to watch on modern cable is about as exciting and nerve-wracking as waiting in line at the DMV. My family ditched cable when I was a teen, and I carried on that legacy. I can't fathom why people pay upwards of $100 a month to watch crappy shows and crappy news on satellite/cable.

I probably watch at most three shows and one baseball (or American Football) game a week (over my rabbit ears). I find 99% of TV to be a waste of brainpower. Pick up a book instead and watch your mind expand!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2011, 09:23:00 PM »

I went to a friends house this past weekend and was watching TV on his 60 inch HDTV - trying to find one channel out of a thousand to watch on modern cable is about as exciting and nerve-wracking as waiting in line at the DMV. My family ditched cable when I was a teen, and I carried on that legacy. I can't fathom why people pay upwards of $100 a month to watch crappy shows and crappy news on satellite/cable.

I probably watch at most three shows and one baseball (or American Football) game a week (over my rabbit ears). I find 99% of TV to be a waste of brainpower. Pick up a book instead and watch your mind expand!

Do you have a special mirror you use for that?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2011, 07:28:51 AM »

You're a Mets fan, aren't you? Smiley

*sighs* Yes.   Wall  <--------------------------------(me watching the Mets bullpen, or Mike Pelfrey, or David Wright strikeout, or the ownership getting sued for 1 Billion Dollars, and especially watching them lose to the Phil's.)

I mean how many times over the last three years did the Mets get beat by that Moyer dude who threw an 84 mph fastball, tops?

In our defense though, at least MLB players still have to earn their Home Runs at CitiField...
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2011, 07:53:33 AM »

Do you have a special mirror you use for that?

Yes.

sherryluvsbrian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2011, 04:38:42 AM »

Who do you think will be kicked off tomorrow night.

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2011, 09:41:12 AM »

Who do you think will be kicked off tomorrow night.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,

I'd rather pick up on the last episode of Parenthood or finish Season 7 of Dallas...but we all value tv in different ways.

BTW, about wasting money on cable/satalite, at the moment, Dish has DVR which is awesome; but then again my parents pay for it...my plan, when I move out this summer is to not get any form of cable or dish (waste of money for watching a handful of shows)....that's why i own over 650 dvds (films and television seasons), so I'll have something to watch everyday for over a year and a half or so....and that's just once...that's not counting how many episodes are on each season...let alone, I love watching vintage/making of documentaries as if they're television specials.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 09:47:27 AM by punkinhead » Logged

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: