gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 05:32:20 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So... when are we gonna get to hear that Disney album?  (Read 6380 times)
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2011, 08:44:51 AM »

At least it will be the last music that I ever hear. Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
bsten
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2011, 02:16:41 PM »

Why not bundle them... Why not release Smile + Disney as a twofer - or fourfer or fivefer - or whatever...  Tongue
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 02:19:34 PM by bsten » Logged
WaxOn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2011, 09:41:23 AM »

Something from Three Cabelleros would be pretty cool too.

Think there's any possibility of music from rides past and present?

How many folks have had the Haunted Mansion "Grim Grinning Ghosts" song stuck in their head after the ride?
Bear Band Serenade?
Or God forbid "It's a Small World"?
Or even from the GE Carousel of Progress "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow".

Was there anything from the Monsanto Molecule Ride? Damn, those "free" rides were great.
Remember, their motto was "Better Living Through Chemistry"  For some reason some of the memories from some of those rides are fuzzy. Grin

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2011, 09:55:18 AM »

I would love to hear Brian singing Stay Awake too.
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2011, 02:14:47 PM »

Was there anything from the Monsanto Molecule Ride? Damn, those "free" rides were great.
Remember, their motto was "Better Living Through Chemistry"  For some reason some of the memories from some of those rides are fuzzy. Grin

"Adventures Through Inner Space"? Nope, no theme song, but it's replacement ride, "If You Had Wings..." had one!
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2011, 08:17:13 PM »

I would imagine, one of the biggest challenges with recording this project, was trying to convince Brian NOT to record "it's a small world".  Hell, I'll bet he DID record it.  It might not get released, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that he recorded that song. 
WaxOn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2011, 05:16:50 PM »

"Adventures Through Inner Space"? Nope, no theme song, but it's replacement ride, "If You Had Wings..." had one!
Ah, that was it - yer right, no theme song. Gee, I don't remember "If You Had Wings" at all. Was that the MJ one?

I would imagine, one of the biggest challenges with recording this project, was trying to convince Brian NOT to record "it's a small world".  Hell, I'll bet he DID record it.  It might not get released, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that he recorded that song. 

You're probably right! Heh.
Gee - Sorry Brian - some crazy bum ran in off the street with a big degausser, wiped the drives on the spot. We really should keep that door locked. Weirdest thing. What were the chances? It sure would have been nice to have "Small World" on the album, but we'll just have to make do. Tragic, just tragic.
Seriously - as much as I appreciate the ride - after about 2 minutes something about that song triggers me to want to hurt something.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2011, 06:59:44 PM »

If he did that song, I can just imagine it with a 'toyshop' sound to it, like Spector did on "Santa Claus is coming to town".  That part where they go into talking about the toys, and theres all these little tinkering sounds in the background.  It would be a cross between that, and "Saturday Morning in the City". 
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2011, 10:30:13 PM »

I sure hope he does at least one song each from Robin Hood and the Jungle Book.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2011, 10:38:53 PM »

Ah, that was it - yer right, no theme song. Gee, I don't remember "If You Had Wings" at all. Was that the MJ one?

You're probably right! Heh.
Gee - Sorry Brian - some crazy bum ran in off the street with a big degausser, wiped the drives on the spot. We really should keep that door locked. Weirdest thing. What were the chances? It sure would have been nice to have "Small World" on the album, but we'll just have to make do. Tragic, just tragic.
Seriously - as much as I appreciate the ride - after about 2 minutes something about that song triggers me to want to hurt something.

Am I the only one who would LOL if the did that song as a dirge? Make it sound like Smile's You are my Sunshine.

Seriously, though, I actually like newer Disney. Not more than the classics, obviously, but the early 90s stuff isn't bad. Wish he'd cheat and use something from Pixar's Toy Story. Didn't he like Randy Newman? Wink

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2011, 06:15:07 AM »

Remember, their motto was "Better Living Through Chemistry"  For some reason some of the memories from some of those rides are fuzzy. Grin

"MJ", as in "Magic Journeys"? No, that wasn't the one (although I still consider that film to be the best example of 3D I've ever seen).

"If You Had Wings..." was (originally) sponsored by Eastern Airlines and was essentially a ride-length commercial for the company. It used the same vehicle and track-style as "Adventures Through Inner Space" but was located nearby in Tomorrowland (I misremembered: it was not the replacement for "Inner Space"; "Star Tours" replaced that one). "Wings..." consisted of rear projection images of various vacation spots that Eastern Airlines flew to (Cancun, Bahamas, etc.). At the end of the ride, there was an actual reservation desk where you could book a flight if you wanted! Shortly before Eastern airlines went out of business, sponsorship of the ride was taken over by Delta. Since 1998, the building has been used for "Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin"

Because you can find almost anything on-line, here is a link to somebody's home video of the "If You Had Wings..." ride:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxmWjLG2IIc

After watching about 15 seconds of it, I realized I never wanted to hear that damn theme song again! Hopefully Brian stayed far away from this, although it might be cool if Brian did a suite of ride songs including "Grim Grinning Ghosts", "A Pirate's Life For Me", etc. Although, if he did, I'm sure "Small World" would have to be in there... Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 06:16:32 AM by Roger Ryan » Logged
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2011, 07:12:51 AM »

Why not bundle them... Why not release Smile + Disney as a twofer - or fourfer or fivefer - or whatever...  Tongue

I would then advise to add 'Pleasure Island' to the package. Good calculating, targeting all market segments, etcetera. PI might be a double layer disk with a movie side to address the fans of adult films.

I'm a genius, me.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx