gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680853 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 11:57:19 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So... when are we gonna get to hear that Disney album?  (Read 6381 times)
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2011, 01:44:05 PM »

Lost in all the Smile talk is the fact that Brian's Disney record is sitting on a shelf somewhere, finished. When are we going to see this sucker? And is it going to make Smile stink?
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 01:49:12 PM »

Lost in all the Smile talk is the fact that Brian's Disney record is sitting on a shelf somewhere, finished. When are we going to see this sucker? And is it going to make Smile stink?
When Disney releases it.
NOTHING could ever make Smile stink

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 02:10:40 PM »

Maybe fall, I'm guessing, going by the previous record/release dates.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 02:51:32 PM »

When Disney releases it.

Could anything ever make Pet Sounds stink? Shocked

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 02:52:17 PM »

A can of (Al) Sardines could, yeah.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 04:50:23 PM »

When Disney releases it.

Could anything ever make Pet Sounds stink? Shocked

NOTHING.  IN Fact there's nothing that can make any of their Albums stink( if they didn't stink from the getgo)

Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 05:32:32 PM »

Maybe fall, I'm guessing, going by the previous record/release dates.

That would make sense, assuming Smile comes out sometime this summer.  Ideally they'll want the releases close enough to use the Smile momentum but separated enough so as not to allow Smile to swallow up the Disney album.
MBE
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 07:05:29 PM »

Hopefully we won't Grin
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 11:24:28 AM »

No release plans right now. Disney is considering a number of options… Of course, that could all change tomorrow. The album might not be released until 2012.
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 11:27:01 AM »

I hope adequate marketing is a part of their plans this time around. Wakka wakka wakka!
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 11:47:05 AM »

probably not too good
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 01:08:41 PM »

No release plans right now. Disney is considering a number of options… Of course, that could all change tomorrow. The album might not be released until 2012.

That's crazy to release it in 2012 if it's already done. Do they think it's going to take away from the album sales of SMiLE or something?

No mas, por favor.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 01:41:53 PM »

That's crazy to release it in 2012 if it's already done. Do they think it's going to take away from the album sales of SMiLE or something?

Most likely, they think Smile will take away from the Disney Sales

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 01:47:23 PM »

Granted, there are people who are paid to foresee this kind of stuff....But it would seem to me that releasing both around the same time would only add to the Disney sales....more publicity about the Beach Boys means more publicity for Brian. Heck, they'd just need to place a sticker on the front of the Disney album that says: "from the genius behind SMiLE comes a new Disney album!"

I mean, look at BWRG - I saw nothing about it in the news other than from what I heard here on SmileySmile....whereas a new Beach Boys album is sure to turn heads in the media...and thus also turning heads towards Brian Wilson.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 01:52:49 PM »

Granted, there are people who are paid to foresee this kind of stuff....But it would seem to me that releasing both around the same time would only add to the Disney sales....more publicity about the Beach Boys means more publicity for Brian. Heck, they'd just need to place a sticker on the front of the Disney album that says: "from the genius behind SMiLE comes a new Disney album!"

I mean, look at BWRG - I saw nothing about it in the news other than from what I heard here on SmileySmile....whereas a new Beach Boys album is sure to turn heads in the media...and thus also turning heads towards Brian Wilson.

Yep, no doubt yer right. Disney's promo department is full of buffoons, who were, undoubtedly, placed there to insure Disney a massive tax write-off, when their releases go nowhere.

stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 02:06:40 PM »

Yep, no doubt yer right. Disney's promo department is full of buffoons, who were, undoubtedly, placed there to insure Disney a massive tax write-off, when their releases go nowhere.

I think the Disney album will be a great seller. Not saying who told me, but he's doing a duet with Hannah Montana. Cool Guy

No mas, por favor.
WaxOn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 04:46:40 PM »

Do I sense a bit of sarcasm on the possible  "quality" of a Brian Wilson Disney album?

May I proffer a few songs that might be, shall we say "enhanced" by Mr. Wilson's interpretation?
At least, they're songs I hope made the cut on the album.

Maybe the less cynical of you might chime in with a few choices of their own.

- Pink Elephants on Parade (Dumbo)
- Feed the Birds (Mary Poppins)
- Stay Awake (Mary Poppins)
- Castle in Spain (Babes in Toyland)
- When You Wish Upon A Star (Pinocchio)

There's a bunch of others (some really obvious) - but I'll leave that to you all. Having grown up in CA I can understand the magic that Brian feels towards "the Magic Kingdom". Indeed, being an avid animation buff I'm all too aware that Disney hired some of the best people in the business to write music back in the day - or take what he needed!

A very good release of Disney songs came out years ago entitled "Stay Awake" that had some pretty well respected artists on it and is a recommended listen. http://tinyurl.com/24qv8nx

I for one am excited at the possibilities - even more than I did for the Gershwin album. I have a lot of recorded Gershwin - my favorites are still the piano rolls. I'm also hoping that this recent desire to revisit the past is a continued indication that old wounds are healing and we might see some really amazing original stuff coming in the near future!
othereric
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 05:10:42 PM »

I just hope he does this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hdrcDDqRHk&feature=related
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2011, 01:14:16 AM »

These were my suggestions (I stuck with classic (pre-67) Disney):

When You Wish Upon A Star (with the "Surfer Girl" middle eight) - Pinocchio
Little April Showers - Bambi
When I See An Elephant Fly - Dumbo
Feed The Birds - Mary Poppins
Bella Notte - Lady & The Tramp
Following The Leader - Peter Pan
Monkey's Uncle - Monkey's Uncle
Bear Necessities - Jungle Book
He's A Tramp - Lady & The Tramp
Ballad Of Davey Crockett - Davey Crockett
Ugly Bug Ball - Summer Magic
Heigh Ho - Snow White
Baby Mine - Dumbo

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2011, 01:43:17 AM »

Monkey's Uncle - Monkey's Uncle

Check and MATE LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2011, 06:39:26 AM »

I think the Disney album will be a great seller. Not saying who told me, but he's doing a duet with Hannah Montana. Cool Guy

A duet with Selena Gomez (and a video) and it will be sure to sell a million units in January (2012)!
willy
Smiley Smile Associate

Hooga hagga hooga!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2011, 07:33:36 AM »

Zip A Dee Dooh Dah!

I bumped my head, the sky turned red, the aardvark said "Banana!"
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2011, 08:30:54 AM »

The new date for release of the Disney album is Dec 21, 2012.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 08:43:50 AM »

The new date for release of the Disney album is Dec 21, 2012.

Might as well go out with a smile to Disney songs  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Jason
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2011, 08:44:45 AM »

Zip A Dee Dooh Dah!

If Brian covers that he's a racist!

/sarcasm
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx