gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 10:13:08 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stack-O-Tracks Album Cover Shoot  (Read 3351 times)
Bubba Ho-Tep
« on: March 02, 2006, 06:28:25 AM »

Why does Brian look so bad in some of the unused Stack-o-Tracks cover shots? The final ones have him wearing glasses, maybe to hide his eyes which are filled with pain in the shots where he is wearing a light brown coat. He looks like he was up all night crying in those. There’s one included on the inner sleeve of the “Rarities” LP. Were these shots deemed unusable, thus they returned din different clothes for a re-shoot? I remember a bunch of proofs from the shoot showing up on eBay a couple of years ago, and they were great pics. Some of the band, some of Brian alone, and some of Brian and Marilyn. I bid on them but they went beyond my reach.

Does anyone know the date of the photo shoot, and if we can align that date with anything tramatic occuring in Brian's life at the time?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 06:30:31 AM by Bubba Ho-Tep » Logged
Mitchell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 07:59:40 AM »

Ah, so the coat one and the Hawaiian shirt one are from the same time period? I was not aware of this, though it makes sense. How often would they chill around the master tapes? I'd love to see more from the shoot(s).

Watch out for snakes!
Yorick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 08:52:25 AM »

A couple of weeks ago I got myself the Party/Stack-O-Tracks two-fer and actually wondered about the same thing! When did this photoshoot happen and how was Brian at that moment? Cause it's pretty rare, a late 60s BB photo shoot with Brian in attendance! Probably Steven Desper could help us out on this, because of his possible involvement with getting the mastertapes out of the archives for the shoot! Anybody know anything more??
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 09:01:40 AM »

That's a good idea. Let's run it by him...
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 06:16:55 AM »

Well, Mr. Desper says he was not involved, so we're on our own.

I remember that someone (Smiley?) was using a picture from the shoot as his avatar, thus I am assuming he may have won the eBay auction for the set of pics. I should have won it, it was really great.  I thought I had saved the auction pics somewhere, but I must have lost them in a computer crash.

Anybody else have any info on this?
SMiLEY
Smiley Smile Associate

Columnated Ruins Domino

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 01:07:46 PM »

Yes, I used a shot of this for my avatar until my computer crashed and I lost it!!! I'm just guessing but I think the photos were taken around the time of Carnie's birth.

Look! Listen! Vibrate! SMiLE!
SurferGirl7
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 01:41:26 PM »

did u mean by this?:

http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/1061/brian381of.gif
SMiLEY
Smiley Smile Associate

Columnated Ruins Domino

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2006, 03:45:25 PM »

That's not the one, but it's pretty cool. Haven't seen it before. Where's it from?

Look! Listen! Vibrate! SMiLE!
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 12:18:12 PM »

....anyone?....anyone?.....Bueller?....
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx