gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 10:41:36 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pacific Ocean Blue  (Read 3213 times)
Rerun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2006, 07:44:53 PM »

So, I recently listened to Pacific Ocean Blue for the first time in a long time, and it always makes me think how unfair it is that one family can have so much talent.  I mean, Dennis was supposed to be the everyman and he turns out to be the second greatest musician in the band.

"Today, in our increasingly secular world, loving one another doesn't just mean "loving."  It means being forced to accept as normal those behaviors and lifestyles that are absolutely abnormal.  It's not enough to live and let live.  You must chant their mantra as well; you must repent, renounce your own values, and pronounce those of the radical left as superior and adopt them."
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 07:52:21 PM »

You know what...I use to argue that Carl was the second best musician in the family...but after learning about and listening to Dennis' stuff its really hard to just easily give Carl that title.

But I dunno man, I just dont know. Dennis is amazing but Carl can give him a run for his money, Long Promised Road, The Trader...whew. nothing comes close. nothing.

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Rerun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 07:55:49 PM »

You know what...I use to argue that Carl was the second best musician in the family...but after learning about and listening to Dennis' stuff its really hard to just easily give Carl that title.

But I dunno man, I just dont know. Dennis is amazing but Carl can give him a run for his money, Long Promised Road, The Trader...whew. nothing comes close. nothing.

Why is talent always so concentrated?  Is it just the constant influence by those that have it that allowed them to have as much as they do?  Do you think without Brian, Dennis has the ability to create POB or Carl create Long Promised Road?  Is George Harrison anything great without Macca and Lennon?  Could Moulding have written Nigel having never met Partridge?

"Today, in our increasingly secular world, loving one another doesn't just mean "loving."  It means being forced to accept as normal those behaviors and lifestyles that are absolutely abnormal.  It's not enough to live and let live.  You must chant their mantra as well; you must repent, renounce your own values, and pronounce those of the radical left as superior and adopt them."
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 07:58:11 PM »

they run in packs...they're wolves...on the hunt!

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Bud Shaver
Smiley Smile Associate

Let Us Go On This Way

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 06:22:38 PM »

Behold the power of sibling rivalry!
All-Seeing Eye
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 09:37:44 PM »

With a Dad like Murry, how could the kids not be talented.

cough

I'm keeping an eye on things.
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006, 12:51:45 AM »

Yeah, it's hard to say if Carl or Dennis was the second most talented Wilson... Dennis was definately a better songwriter, but Carl was obviously a better singer and musician.
Susan
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2006, 03:01:12 AM »

I don't know that i'd even say Carl was the better *musician*.  He was clearly the better guitar player, but Dennis played a whole lot of instruments pretty well.  Story goes that there are whole songs on POB that Have ONLY Dennis playing...

All of My Dad's Truck's on-line tracks all in one place!
Billgoodman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2006, 12:51:29 PM »

it's a freakin' mystery why POB isn't in print
or a deluxe version or anything. But I have stated that before here
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx