gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680867 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 06:01:15 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Two Random Observations  (Read 1162 times)
Shane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2011, 11:06:01 PM »

A couple random observations based on my BB listening tonight. 

First off, I pulled out my mint LP stereo copy of the "All Summer Long" LP.  I recently upgraded my record player to a $175 cartridge and a $200 pair of headphones, and I've been hearing all sorts of things I never heard before.  I got to the "Carl's Big Chance" track, which is a song I rarely listen to.  Halfway through the song, I always thought it was an organ that began playing in the background.  I realized that it's actually an... accordion!  I never knew his use of the instrument went back that far.

Second realization.  Another recent post on this board mentions a BB convention where they were playing a recording of "Please Let Me Wonder" from a Chicago show in March 1965.  This prompted me to pull out the  "Live Box" recording of (part of) the show.  I was in audio nirvana.  The band is in great form, Brian is there, and Carl's 12 string guitar sounds amazing.  It really shows how solid of a performance the boys could give after approximately 2 1/2 years of touring experience.  I only wish there was more of this show available.  How much else is out there?  I know of the Live Box songs, a version of "Shut Down" on the Hawthorne Blvd CD, and now mention of the "Please Let Me Wonder" recording.
Shane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 11:53:32 PM »

Doh!!!  I just found the Chicago 1965 thread further down the page!  My questions have been answered!   Grin
Jason
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 11:39:34 PM »

There was a version of 409 from the same shows released as a bonus track with the Singles box set.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx