gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680781 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 07:53:39 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wilojarston  (Read 3164 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2006, 06:31:46 PM »

a while looking at my vinyl copy of Holland, I noticed that Steamboat-Beaks-California-trader-onlywithyou were put out by Wilojarston Pub...when did this start? I dont think ive ever seen it on the twofers...perhaps made during surfs up? the other tracks were Brother Pub, besides Leaving this town; perhaps because they were written before the holland album? Ive always heard Sail on was done in 71 and i knew big sur was made during Surf'sLandlockedUp period...anyone wanna distinguish these Publishing companies? thanx  Grin

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 08:10:58 PM »

a while looking at my vinyl copy of Holland, I noticed that Steamboat-Beaks-California-trader-onlywithyou were put out by Wilojarston Pub...when did this start? I dont think ive ever seen it on the twofers...perhaps made during surfs up? the other tracks were Brother Pub, besides Leaving this town; perhaps because they were written before the holland album? Ive always heard Sail on was done in 71 and i knew big sur was made during Surf'sLandlockedUp period...anyone wanna distinguish these Publishing companies? thanx  Grin
I'm looking through my "Surf's Up"/"Sunflower" music book, published by Warner Bros. in '72...
"Tears in the Morning", "Disney Girls", "Feel Flows", and "Lookin' At Tomorrow" are all Wilojarston...the rest are Brother..."SDT"is excluded, presumably because it's under Leiber-Stoller's publishing. 
Interesting..."Wilojarston", obviously from "WIlson-LOve-JARdine-johnSTON"...it almost seemed like it was intended as the outlet for BBs songs with no Wilson involvement, but "Feel Flows", along with the Wilson-penned tunes on "Holland", blows that theory...

C-Man
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 09:53:14 PM »

maybe minus Brian plus Dennis/Carl?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 05:05:22 AM »

maybe minus Brian plus Dennis/Carl?

Could be...but as to why they only used it to publish a few of their songs...I don't know.
Carl has stated many times that "Long Promised Road" was the first song he wrote....and
that was published by Brother, so it does not seem that Wilojarston preceded Brother in
all cases.

C-Man
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx