gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680867 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 06:12:05 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Be with Me  (Read 1161 times)
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2011, 10:48:32 AM »

Been discussed before, I know, with the current concensus being that Charles Manson had no part in it's composition. However I very recently read a quote from the man himself in which he states that the Beach Boys covered two of his songs. Any theories? Having heard much of Manson's music, I can honestly say the lyrics for the released version of Be With Me don't sound like like his lyrical style at all. Could there be something else hidden in the vaults nobody is aware of?

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
BJL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 12:26:51 PM »

Seems likely enough to me.  I have a feeling that if Never Learn not to Love hadn't been released rather prominently on a Beach Boy's record (and even performed on TV!) we'd never have heard of it.  I have a feeling those Manson tapes are locked in a vault so deep they might as well "cease to exist." 
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 12:37:34 PM »

Seems likely enough to me.  I have a feeling that if Never Learn not to Love hadn't been released rather prominently on a Beach Boy's record (and even performed on TV!) we'd never have heard of it.  I have a feeling those Manson tapes are locked in a vault so deep they might as well "cease to exist." 

I'd like to see them released; maybe they could all be hidden tracks on a cd?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
exposedbrain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 01:58:58 PM »

I've always wondered how fleshed out the Manson Bellagio recordings are. like if was just him strumming and singing with his followers or if it was more produced with various Beach Boys or other musicians backing him up
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx