gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 02:42:07 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Denny's address  (Read 19801 times)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2011, 04:22:59 PM »

I wonder how the hell this ended up on ebay.

Dennis Wilson Document For Burial At Sea

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Beach-Boys-Dennis-Wilson-Document-Burial-Sea-/290545468688?pt=UK_Music_Music_Memorabilia_LE&hash=item43a5dc0510

I would buy it but I'd feel weird

What's odd, is it says "reproduction" but NOT a photocopy.  Not sure exactly what that means.

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
dennyschild
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2011, 04:31:47 PM »

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Beach-Boys-Dennis-Wilson-Document-Burial-Sea-/290545468688?pt=UK_Music_Music_Memorabilia_LE&hash=item43a5dc0510

What's odd, is it says "reproduction" but NOT a photocopy.  Not sure exactly what that means.

Maybe it's a fake. I would like to know who put it on there.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2011, 04:41:07 PM »

ask the seller whatever; maybe they'll answer.

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
dennyschild
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2011, 04:53:47 PM »

I never done ebay so i didn't know what to do. I can ask the seller questions and act like im interested.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2011, 04:55:37 PM »

If you are interested dennyschild, this is the yard that hauled the Emerald out. Don't know if it was being restored onsite. May still be there. Your call.

http://www.boatyardguide.com/windward_yacht_center_ws.htm
dennyschild
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2011, 04:58:50 PM »

I found the sellers name. He is from united kingdom. I have to sign in to talk with with...hmmmmm
dennyschild
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2011, 05:11:54 PM »

If you are interested dennyschild, this is the yard that hauled the Emerald out. Don't know if it was being restored onsite. May still be there. Your call.

http://www.boatyardguide.com/windward_yacht_center_ws.htm

Thanks. I couldn't find the Emerald on there. I may not be looking in the right place. Lot's of boats there. Nobody knows where it's at. Thanks.
dennyschild
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2011, 05:13:21 PM »

Do any of you know what happened to Harmony.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2011, 08:37:17 PM »

Denny, this may or may not be hard for you to read, so I'm writing this "disclaimer", just in case.  Wink

If Dennis hit his head under the boat in that clip, I would buy it and have the entire boat DNA tested for any blood residue, or hair, etc. For some reason, I feel that if it were proven that it was an accident, it may bring some closure to his family. To many people think that the Dennis of 1983 was just a washed up, drunken bum.  Sad After that, I would burn it.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 08:42:06 PM by Jay » Logged

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2011, 09:26:00 PM »

Denny, this may or may not be hard for you to read, so I'm writing this "disclaimer", just in case.  Wink

If Dennis hit his head under the boat in that clip, I would buy it and have the entire boat DNA tested for any blood residue, or hair, etc. For some reason, I feel that if it were proven that it was an accident, it may bring some closure to his family. To many people think that the Dennis of 1983 was just a washed up, drunken bum.  Sad After that, I would burn it.

An accident as opposed to what?

No mas, por favor.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2011, 09:36:54 PM »

An accident as opposed to what?
Ok, let me say it another way. Dying because you hit your head and were knocked unconscious sounds a little bit better than dying because you were drunk and your senses and reflexes were numbed.

dennyschild
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2011, 10:10:13 PM »

I understand completely. 

dennyschild
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2011, 12:06:16 AM »

he was not a washed up drunken bum, we all know that. He had problems he didn't know how to deal with. yes, he had a alcohol addiction, but he was far from being a bum. a lost soul and very lonely from what i gather. He was a blessing  to many and I'm one of them.
dennyschild
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2011, 12:35:52 AM »

I just thought of something, what about the autopsy, what did the medical examiner say. Was there injuries to his head or neck, any part of of body, or did they just go with accidental drowning. They must report their findings.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2011, 12:52:57 AM »

We tried tracing her many years ago - trail went cold in the north-west, Oregon I think. I'm thinking that with enough time and $$$ you could track her down but it'd be a very tedious process.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2011, 01:13:15 AM »

Perhaps with the help of Ed Roach and (possibly) Jon Stebbins, a collection could be started? Finding the Harmony and restoring her would be the perfect tribute to Dennis. I'm being totally serious. I'd give a donation.  Wink

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2011, 01:21:32 AM »

Perhaps with the help of Ed Roach and (possibly) Jon Stebbins, a collection could be started? Finding the Harmony and restoring her would be the perfect tribute to Dennis. I'm being totally serious. I'd give a donation.  Wink

Cool idea... however, she may be in good shape already (she was when she was repossessed, I think - Ed would know). Plus, we'd be talking hundreds of thousands.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2011, 01:23:15 AM »

Guess I was way over my head.  Grin I know nothing of boats or their prices.

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2011, 02:10:58 AM »

Also Harmony was not the boats original name and due to its history a new owner could have easily changed it again. Hard find but you never know.
dennyschild
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2011, 03:32:42 AM »

We tried tracing her many years ago - trail went cold in the north-west, Oregon I think. I'm thinking that with enough time and $$$ you could track her down but it'd be a very tedious process.

No, I don't think I'll do that.
dennyschild
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2011, 03:34:15 AM »

awwwww. Thats thoughtful.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2011, 08:04:57 AM »

A boat of the Harmony's size and vintage would be worth around 1.5 million dollars or more in restored condition.
dennyschild
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2011, 08:11:49 AM »

A boat of the Harmony's size and vintage would be worth around 1.5 million dollars or more in restored condition.

Maybe i can get a loan Grin Grin    I'm more interested in where it sit at the marina.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx