-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:03:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  AfterMASH
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AfterMASH  (Read 6215 times)
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« on: March 01, 2006, 10:49:16 AM »

While watching the final episode of MASH on TV this week, and then doing some research online to answer my wife's questions, I was reminded of this followup to MASH.  I was wondering, does anyone remember ever watching AfterMASH when it was on the air?  And has anyone here heard if it will be released on DVD someday?

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 11:02:26 AM »

I remember watching the premiere episode Charles. I was very young at the time, but clearly recall Potter and Clinger working in a hospital stateside. I don’t know who controls the rights to the show, but it seems that since they are releasing all the MASH seasons on DVD that AfterMASH would follow…..after. I have not heard anything about it yet, and I cruise the DVD news pages on a regular basis.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 05:41:27 AM »

I don't think it lasted very long.  Was Wm Christopher on that?

Anybody remember Adam Cartwright impersonating Trapper John?
Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 05:51:55 AM »

Yes, Father Mulcahey was one of the people that didn't want to end MASH, so he got to be on AfterMASH.

I remember Trapper John MD, and used to wonder why they bothered calling him that, when the show had zero connections to MASH.

Smilin Ed H
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 09:32:43 AM »

It did go on too long, though, didn't it?  MASH, I mean.  I used to love it, but it lost its edge after a while.  I preferred the first three seasons, but it was generally good up to the end of 8.  After that, the good stuff was few and far between and a lot of sentimentality crept in.  Still out of 11 (12?) seasons, you've probably got about seven full seasons of genuinely good (sometimes great) episodes. I 've got the early seasons on DVD and plan to watch them when I've gone through Homicide (again!).
Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 10:26:52 AM »

I believe I read, while researching AfterMASH, that the producers of MASH admitted many of their plots came from true stories told to them by Korean war veterans, and that around season 8 or 9, they didn't have too many original true stories to pull from, so it does get a little thin towards the few final years.

wind chime
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 02:18:00 PM »

This is funny cuz I had a real strong desire to watch the Final episode of MASH last week but I had no copy and I dont want to spend any money on it...I watched the Final when it aired in 1983 and wasn't completely satisfied so 23 years later I wanted to rewatch it last week!!! Tongue ...I was a huge fan of the show...I did watch the first episode of AfterMASH and was bored to tears...I think only 10 episodes were ever made..they should probably tack them onto the Final season of MASH DVD set or a rerelease of the Final episode....

My fav charachters were Hawkeye, Winchester and Col Potter

Watcher of the skies...watcher of all...
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 05:51:15 AM »

Did anyone hear that real MASHes don't exist anymore? I remember reading that somewhere..

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Mark H.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2006, 12:44:21 PM »

AfterMash was pretty bland.  I saw most of it when it aired out of respect to the original show.  I was in college at the time....Potter and Klinger working at a VA Hospital.  I can't recall but I think Klinger's Korean wife was in it as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: