gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:26:15 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Should this discussion be moved to the Sandbox?
Naahh, Beach Boys, SMiLE and drugs is as on-topic as can be - 99 (67.8%)
It's about time, I've requested this at least 20 pages back - 27 (18.5%)
Who cares, it isn't going to be released anyway - 11 (7.5%)
I don't like drugs and I don't like SMiLE, we might as well delete this discussion - 2 (1.4%)
The SMiLE music and drug use cloud this discussion - 7 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 138

Pages: 1 ... 336 337 338 339 340 [341] 342 343 344 345 346 ... 380 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SMiLE Sessions box set!  (Read 1728595 times)
richardsnow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8500 on: October 31, 2011, 03:12:59 AM »

Just took delivery of the full box set.
It really is a beautiful thing and well worth the money.
 Listening to the 45's at the moment, only one grumble so far. My heroes and villains single has a "vegetables" label on it. Was worried at 1st I'd have to send it back but it plays correctly.   The singles labels are great btw.  but not a great pressing on H&V pt1  it's pressed slightly off wonk if you know what I mean, a bit like my US pressing on "lovin feeling" which means it doesn't run at constant speed unless you can line it up Identically wonky on your turn table.

the other side is ok though, And it's v cool!!

buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #8501 on: October 31, 2011, 03:26:10 AM »

It's up on Spotify and Itunes if it hasn't been posted it already. Finally able to listen to H&V Parts 1 & 2!

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
desmondo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8502 on: October 31, 2011, 03:27:05 AM »

I am waiting for the 5CD set to arrive - should be with me today or tomorrow - I am in the UK

In the meantime I got the 2CD set from iTunes and it includes the iTunes LP version which I have to say is marvellous - includes all the credits and a game of match the FH illustrations and all his work as well, the timeline.

Frankly it's delicious and a great addition to the SMiLE catalogue

Cheers

Richard
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8503 on: October 31, 2011, 03:30:19 AM »

1st cd is now on my itunes and loaded onto my ipod Smiley. Just had a quick 30sec hear of Surf's up 1967 OMG!!!!. Ok putting CD2 onto Itunes now then I can start to listen to it all finally Smiley
homeontherange
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8504 on: October 31, 2011, 03:45:41 AM »

sh*t! Pet Sounds store in Stockholm have the box in store now. Does anyone know if it's possible to cancel my Amazon.de order? I've already paid for it!
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8505 on: October 31, 2011, 03:54:56 AM »

Just heard Surf's up 1967 in full and this track alone is worth £16!!!!! Brian's Singing is IMHO even better than the 1966 demo!!!. It's also quite sad but joyful at the same time a beautiful track maybe the best demo I've heard ever!!! Ok CD2 is going onto my Ipod now then I will be listening for the next few hours and write up a review for here and facebook Smiley I'm too excited Smiley
Surfing Moose
Smiley Smile Associate

violation of §12: failing to surf...

View Profile
« Reply #8506 on: October 31, 2011, 04:08:55 AM »

sh*t! Pet Sounds store in Stockholm have the box in store now. Does anyone know if it's possible to cancel my Amazon.de order? I've already paid for it!

You can cancel, if is not packed yet. If not, you can send the shipment back.

Go to "Mein Konto" --> "Meine Bestellungen" --> "Artikel zurückschicken"
You need a reason for sending back ("Grund der Rücksendung"), but they have a lot to select from:
- keinen Grund angeben (don't want to say reason)  Grin
- Gefällt mir nicht mehr (Don't like it anymore)
- Günstigeren Preis entdeckt (Found a better price)

You have a store called "Pet Sounds" in Stockholm? How cool is that?
Winston Wrong
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8507 on: October 31, 2011, 04:19:03 AM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Just got my Box set and 2 disc edition delivered from Amazon.co.uk!!!! I ordered the day it became available and only used super saver delivery.

I'm amazed that it is in one piece though as the box set was just loose inside a larger amazon box with only a tiny amount of paper to stop it moving about, and the 2 disc edition was underneath the box set, but somehow avoided being crushed!! Phew!

Here goes, I'm tearing of the wrapping now!!!

Shocked
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #8508 on: October 31, 2011, 04:26:01 AM »

My box set has been languishing in a depot near Preston since 3.11am.  Hasn't moved since then.

Harrumph…

“We live in divisive times.”
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8509 on: October 31, 2011, 04:28:15 AM »

Ok Finally I'm ready to sit down in my dressing grown my Ipod is now loaded up with the 2cd set ready to play. I've also got a plate of cheese sandwiches and a large cup of strong tea too. I'm out of here for a few hours you guys!!! See you on the other side my friends Smiley
tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8510 on: October 31, 2011, 04:30:05 AM »

I'm not that impressed with the 67 version of Surf's Up, I mean, don't get me wrong, it's really cool, and quite a curiosity, but I still think the 66 demo version is sweeter, and prefer Brian's singing on it. Again, I like the 67 version, but I guess I was expecting 'more'.

The new Surf's Up mix on the 'album' though, is finally the perfect version if you ask me. Further more, I just listened to the stereo mixes on the Vinyl, and man they are frikkin' awesome! Especially Vege-Tables and Surf's Up. Oh man, this release is just the best thing to have been released in decades!

« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 04:31:30 AM by tansen » Logged

Tansen - "He Who Commands an Army of Notes"
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8511 on: October 31, 2011, 04:33:19 AM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Just got my Box set and 2 disc edition delivered from Amazon.co.uk!!!! I ordered the day it became available and only used super saver delivery.

I'm amazed that it is in one piece though as the box set was just loose inside a larger amazon box with only a tiny amount of paper to stop it moving about, and the 2 disc edition was underneath the box set, but somehow avoided being crushed!! Phew!

Here goes, I'm tearing of the wrapping now!!!

Shocked

Grr.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8512 on: October 31, 2011, 04:40:50 AM »

I just got one of the best emails ever.  The box set has shipped!
homeontherange
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8513 on: October 31, 2011, 05:04:58 AM »

You can cancel, if is not packed yet. If not, you can send the shipment back.

Go to "Mein Konto" --> "Meine Bestellungen" --> "Artikel zurückschicken"
You need a reason for sending back ("Grund der Rücksendung"), but they have a lot to select from:
- keinen Grund angeben (don't want to say reason)  Grin
- Gefällt mir nicht mehr (Don't like it anymore)
- Günstigeren Preis entdeckt (Found a better price)

You have a store called "Pet Sounds" in Stockholm? How cool is that?

Thanks a lot! That's great. I'll go buy it later today then  Cheesy *so excited*

I know, it's definitely the best record store in Sweden. "Pet Sounds" always has its own shelf, and I bet SMiLE will too  Smiley
They also have their own bar/club, Pet Sounds Bar, the most hip bar you can go to here in Stockholm. If you visit sometime, go there! It's right across the street of the record store.

Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8514 on: October 31, 2011, 05:07:17 AM »

Order changed to shipping soon.

Can't believe it'll be here tomorrow.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #8515 on: October 31, 2011, 05:12:05 AM »

Mine was shipped yesterday afternoon so I'm expecting it to land through my letterbox tomorrow. If not there may be murders......

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8516 on: October 31, 2011, 05:13:23 AM »

Where's my box.... Sad

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8517 on: October 31, 2011, 05:26:37 AM »

Box is coming this afternoon!!!! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
homeontherange
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8518 on: October 31, 2011, 05:27:18 AM »

I thought you were waiting for christmas!  Cheesy
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8519 on: October 31, 2011, 05:31:45 AM »

I am now under the "shipping soon" status.  I'm going to be very frustrated if I don't have this on Tuesday.

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8520 on: October 31, 2011, 05:32:00 AM »

I thought you were waiting for christmas!  Cheesy
Ment 2-cd set! Grin Parents already are getting the box set.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 05:43:08 AM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #8521 on: October 31, 2011, 05:32:19 AM »

Harrumph...

“We live in divisive times.”
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8522 on: October 31, 2011, 05:33:00 AM »

Just heard the mono album on CD1 tracks 1-19 and had to stop to write down my thoughts. WOW 1-7 flows along so well for me much better than BWPS.  CIFTM is amazing, No hard edits anywhere on these mono tracks Surf's up is much Better too. Every track has something new to the ears even to some like myself and most of this board who got or heard all the bootlegs WILL hear something new!!!.Look at last sounds nice and clear and got background Vocals!!!!. Back to hearing the extra tracks on CD1. Please Beg, Steal, Or Borrow this Album NOW!!!!
GeorgeFellInHisHorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8523 on: October 31, 2011, 05:33:48 AM »

Phew, after they told me it was back-ordered, I sent an angry email, and they responded and let me know that I was given wrong information and that my box would arrive on-time.  Smiley

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8524 on: October 31, 2011, 05:39:15 AM »

When I visit my parents, I need to search the whole house for the box set. Evil

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 338 339 340 [341] 342 343 344 345 346 ... 380 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx