gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680839 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 26, 2024, 12:06:44 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Should this discussion be moved to the Sandbox?
Naahh, Beach Boys, SMiLE and drugs is as on-topic as can be - 99 (67.8%)
It's about time, I've requested this at least 20 pages back - 27 (18.5%)
Who cares, it isn't going to be released anyway - 11 (7.5%)
I don't like drugs and I don't like SMiLE, we might as well delete this discussion - 2 (1.4%)
The SMiLE music and drug use cloud this discussion - 7 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 138

Pages: 1 ... 307 308 309 310 311 [312] 313 314 315 316 317 ... 380 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SMiLE Sessions box set!  (Read 1737166 times)
JMZ
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7775 on: October 26, 2011, 10:20:05 AM »

'Xactly. A word to all the folk here saying how crappy the flyins to "IIGS/BY" sound: anything you tried to do would sound at least 5 times crappier, cause you'd be working with, at best, 2nd generation audio and considerably less than top of the range software.
Please calm down  Cool and stop generalize.

These things are highly subjective, for instance, I think IIGS could have been done a better way, even with 2nd gen audio and lower range software.

But on the other hand, I think Barnyard is better than all I ever heard in terms of fly-ins.

Paul2010
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7776 on: October 26, 2011, 10:43:53 AM »

Longer samples of the 2-cd version (1 minute long), but worse quality, available here http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/438651-01.htm
That new Child vocal  Shocked
And Barnshine is great!

The new CIFOTM vocals are great! It's actually very strange, but fantastic, to hear the song in a different way than all the bootlegs we had...I can't wait to hear the full mix in better quality.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 10:50:15 AM by Paul2010 » Logged
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #7777 on: October 26, 2011, 10:44:35 AM »

Right you are...tell me is it just my browser that goes schizo when I reach a certain number of lines? I cannot see a thing I type thus  the numerous errors. Even this addition has been typed blind and its damned annoying having top go in and correct stuff I cant even see.

If you upgrade to M.S. Explorer 9, that problem will go away.

Been using Firefox for years, no problems.

Right, as usual, AGD!  Firefox rocks!

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7778 on: October 26, 2011, 10:53:10 AM »

Child sounds great. Love to Say Dada with that extra vocal is interesting.

I can't wait for this to come out so I can listen to Surf's Up 67 all the way through. That's definitely the first thing I'm putting on now.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7779 on: October 26, 2011, 10:55:33 AM »

While at first I was happy to see Phil unbanned and was interested what he had to say now, I was again put off from his negativity. Rebanning him would be ok with me.

BUT...

Remember: The names you call someone return to you.

whatever you say, richest and sexiest man in the world.

Good call! Cheesy Unfortunately only the names return, not their meaning! Smiley

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7780 on: October 26, 2011, 10:55:55 AM »

Right you are...tell me is it just my browser that goes schizo when I reach a certain number of lines? I cannot see a thing I type thus  the numerous errors. Even this addition has been typed blind and its damned annoying having top go in and correct stuff I cant even see.

If you upgrade to M.S. Explorer 9, that problem will go away.

Or downgrade to IE7, that works too! Grin

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7781 on: October 26, 2011, 11:00:35 AM »

And "He Gives Speeches" is quite slow.. Not sure what happened there!

Maybe all the boots are fast ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #7782 on: October 26, 2011, 11:08:34 AM »

If true, this reminds me of The Doors' first album; sometime recently a professor at a university somehow figured out that the album was mastered too fast back in the day; so they just reissued it in the correct speed - and it sounds completely different to my ears....what a small bit of speed can do to the sound of a song Shocked

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
desmondo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7783 on: October 26, 2011, 11:50:43 AM »

'Xactly. A word to all the folk here saying how crappy the flyins to "IIGS/BY" sound: anything you tried to do would sound at least 5 times crappier, cause you'd be working with, at best, 2nd generation audio and considerably less than top of the range software.

Hear bloody hear

Cheers

Richard
desmondo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7784 on: October 26, 2011, 11:52:46 AM »

Yeah, but you could at least sync the vocals so that it doesn't sound that sloppy. Here's the beat: da-da-da-dadada-da With vocals: da-fresh-da-en-da-air around my...

Actually Fresh and Morning are both on the one - where they are supposed to be

Cheers

Richard
Winston Wrong
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7785 on: October 26, 2011, 11:55:22 AM »

Longer samples of the 2-cd version (1 minute long), but worse quality, available here http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/438651-01.htm
And Barnshine is great!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 12:09:42 PM by Winston Wrong » Logged
desmondo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7786 on: October 26, 2011, 11:55:33 AM »

The sax before the vocals in Great Shape is really weird. BWPS and most of the boots have it after.

And.........

Different backing track on BWPS completely and they are BOOTS

Cheers

Richard
desmondo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7787 on: October 26, 2011, 11:56:43 AM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Cheers

Richard
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7788 on: October 26, 2011, 12:00:56 PM »

The sax before the vocals in Great Shape is really weird. BWPS and most of the boots have it after.

And.........

I'm just saying it's not what I'm used to and I figured that they'd follow the BWPS template.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #7789 on: October 26, 2011, 12:03:11 PM »

That new Child vocal  Shocked
And Barnshine is great!

Wow - a bit more of the vocal montage. That may prove to be the track for me judging by the two snippets.

Those extra child vocals are cool!

Windchimes sounds interesting -  Keen to hear that mix.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Winston Wrong
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7790 on: October 26, 2011, 12:03:44 PM »

And Barnshine is great!

« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 12:09:18 PM by Winston Wrong » Logged
desmondo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7791 on: October 26, 2011, 12:04:16 PM »

And.........

I'm just saying it's not what I'm used to and I figured that they'd follow the BWPS template.

I think that's something we are all going to have to get used to  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Cheers

Richard
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7792 on: October 26, 2011, 12:18:25 PM »

Zoom in on the album art thumbnail to see the yellow sticker they've put on the 2CD set... THE MOST ANTICIPATED ALBUM IN ROCK & ROLL HISTORY!!!
desmondo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7793 on: October 26, 2011, 12:18:57 PM »

That new Child vocal  Shocked
And Barnshine is great!

Wow - a bit more of the vocal montage. That may prove to be the track for me judging by the two snippets.

Also new vox in ILTSDD??

Cheers

Richard
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #7794 on: October 26, 2011, 12:30:44 PM »

runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #7795 on: October 26, 2011, 12:33:09 PM »

Right, but the fake fan mix that was on Youtube a week or two ago was much better sync'ed up.  It sounded great.  This one doesn't.

The version you had was sped up. This os the corect speed.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #7796 on: October 26, 2011, 12:38:35 PM »

The 1967 Surfs Up is wonderful. It's exactly the same piano sound as the Smiley Smile Wind Chimes, you know the bit just before the tag. I know it was recorded during WH, but I will probably add this to Smiley Smile, just as a might-have-been, because this sparse, haunting version would have fitted straight in
Winston Wrong
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7797 on: October 26, 2011, 12:39:54 PM »

RIght clicking and "saving as" produces interesting results...
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7798 on: October 26, 2011, 12:41:32 PM »

Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh!
Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh!

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #7799 on: October 26, 2011, 12:43:32 PM »

And Barnshine is great!

Also new vox in ILTSDD??

I believe they're flown in from one of the versions of Cool Water but I may be wrong here?

What about the tag to SU 67?!! The Leila guy talked about how Brian kind of miaows the mmm vocal going into the tag and how lovely it is. It really is amazing - and he echos it with the piano. Just incredible. I feel like I'm dreaming, that they have found such a thing.

The 1967 Surfs Up is wonderful. It's exactly the same piano sound as the Smiley Smile Wind Chimes, you know the bit just before the tag. I know it was recorded during WH, but I will probably add this to Smiley Smile, just as a might-have-been, because this sparse, haunting version would have fitted straight in

I was thinking the same thing. I've always wanted to find the perfect substitute for GV within Smiley, and I reckon this has to be it. Maybe at the end so it's kind of half Smiley, half leading into WH. Oh, happy days!!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 12:46:32 PM by buddhahat » Logged

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 309 310 311 [312] 313 314 315 316 317 ... 380 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx