gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:33:30 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Should this discussion be moved to the Sandbox?
Naahh, Beach Boys, SMiLE and drugs is as on-topic as can be - 99 (67.8%)
It's about time, I've requested this at least 20 pages back - 27 (18.5%)
Who cares, it isn't going to be released anyway - 11 (7.5%)
I don't like drugs and I don't like SMiLE, we might as well delete this discussion - 2 (1.4%)
The SMiLE music and drug use cloud this discussion - 7 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 138

Pages: 1 ... 267 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 277 ... 380 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SMiLE Sessions box set!  (Read 1728599 times)
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6775 on: September 17, 2011, 09:15:52 PM »

Just to let you guys know, my order was changed from $173 to $145, so I would assume that everybody else's will change soon.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6776 on: September 17, 2011, 09:26:48 PM »

Just to let you guys know, my order was changed from $173 to $145, so I would assume that everybody else's will change soon.

Mine was as well. Glad to see the price go down, I got it with same day shipping for only $150.

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6777 on: September 19, 2011, 06:33:08 AM »

My order was adjusted but they didn't actually email me about it.

Odd.
seanmurd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6778 on: September 19, 2011, 06:47:19 AM »

My order was adjusted but they didn't actually email me about it.

Odd.

You'll probably get a notice after the box has shipped at its final price, telling you that the price dropped and your final cost was $xxx.xx.

---------------------------
Sean Murdock
Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6779 on: September 19, 2011, 07:12:31 AM »

I pre-ordered the boxset yesterday to arrive Nov 1, on which I'll be taking the day off work, sitting impatiently waiting for the postman to turn up (normally 11amish) and then make a cup of tea, turn the phones off and press play.
I will of course be buying the 2CD boxset on the Monday as I want the badge!!
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6780 on: September 19, 2011, 09:41:23 AM »

Where do you live that your mail is delivered by Pennsylvania Dutch mennonites???

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
WaxOn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6781 on: September 19, 2011, 09:45:28 AM »

Yup, $142.32.

They never tell you when a price adjustment (+ or -) is made unless you check your cart.
Hopefully it won't adjust back up!

With Amazon Prime, you always get it the day of release - I have on more than one occasion gotten new releases on the Monday before! [fingers crossed]
WaxOn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6782 on: September 19, 2011, 09:46:20 AM »

Where do you live that your mail is delivered by Pennsylvania Dutch mennonites???

Ouch! Cheesy
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #6783 on: September 19, 2011, 09:49:42 AM »

LOL

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
seanmurd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6784 on: September 19, 2011, 09:52:42 AM »

And why does it take 11 of them to deliver your mail??  LOL

Sean Murdock
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #6785 on: September 19, 2011, 09:58:43 AM »

142 seems to be the perfect price..

110 was too cheap (But I won't complain  Grin) 170 was a bit steep.

Everyone seems happy now. Leave it alone Capitol

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6786 on: September 19, 2011, 10:04:08 AM »

Uhh...that wasn't Capitol; that was Amazon.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #6787 on: September 19, 2011, 12:05:07 PM »

Really, I thought Capitol would handle the price

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
seanmurd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6788 on: September 19, 2011, 12:14:41 PM »

Really, I thought Capitol would handle the price

Capitol sets the list price, but Amazon either didn't know what it was going to be when they put up their initial pre-order page, or hadn't decided what they were going to charge. I'm guessing either (a) $110 was the actual list price, and Amazon put it up by mistake, or (2) $110 was like a "lightning deal" price put up purposely by Amazon to inspire a flurry of orders, and intended to be raised shortly thereafter.

Sean Murdock
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #6789 on: September 19, 2011, 02:45:54 PM »

I not only want 11 amish delivering my SMiLE boxset,  I also want them to put up a barn for me whilst I'm listening to it. Who knows, if I'm feeling generous I might even make them a cuppa.
Dan Lega
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6790 on: September 19, 2011, 02:48:57 PM »

Love and merci, Dan Lega -

Real life is not a TV sitcom where things just leave off, enter a time vacuum, and emerge years later with nothing inbetween. Van Dyke Parks didn't just humbly back down from asserting his confidence in his lyrics to Mike Love, he left in a prissy huff and left the entire project soon thereafter right? What's that all about? All that work and creative drive with Brian just... thrown away over an argument with goofball Mike Love? Come on. VDP is a butthole, like Brian Wilson said.

He left it all to Brian to finish or not finish. After he left Brian seems to have lost the plot with Smile. I think Van Dyke was a great stabilizing presence for Brian, someone intelligent enough to fully understand him yet not spaced out in a damaged way himself, still grounded in the mundane world so well that he can give a sense of direction to the proceedings. Brian has said sometimes in the studio you get so close to it you don't know where it's at. With Van Dyke making regular visits he would've had a trusted source of judgment, not some guy in the street hearing a Heroes mix and not liking it so it gets junked.

"Goofball Mike"?  Hmmm.  Like I said earlier, Mike Love was arguably the most successful American rock and roll lyricist.  AND... he apparently has the ego to go with such a title.  So calling him "Goofball Mike" is very misleading in this context.  And how do you know Van Dyke left in a hissy fit?  I think he saw that Brian was now unwilling to go to bat for the lyrics, and so along with the heat he felt from Mike he decided to try and stay in the background by saying the lyrics didn't really mean anything specific.  But by the end of the meeting Van Dyke felt he had been fired!  How could he stay around?  Who was telling him to come back and help Brian finish it?  I agree that having Van Dyke around could have very well led to SMiLE being finished.  But after that confrontation with Mike Van Dyke felt that he was no longer wanted and bowed out.  I really don't see how you can blame SMiLE not being finished on a "wimpy" Van Dyke.  I really don't.

Love and merci,    Dan Lega
ghost
« Reply #6791 on: September 19, 2011, 02:53:21 PM »

Mike has always been a goofball. Even in India in his designer clothes he was a goofball. Successful goofball, rich goofball, still goofball.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6792 on: September 19, 2011, 02:58:57 PM »

I thought, rather than a goofball in India, it was generally accepted that he was actually an "all-american bullet-headed saxon-mother's son"?  Huh
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #6793 on: September 19, 2011, 02:59:49 PM »

Mike Love was arguably the most successful American rock and roll lyricist.

Yes, and the earth is arguably flat, Santa Claus arguably exists and cigarettes arguably give you lung cancer......

I mean, come on now...........................

dmcguire70
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6794 on: September 19, 2011, 04:21:24 PM »

I'd like you all to know that Phil is alive and well and posting comments on amazon about the box set. Cheesy

http://www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html/ref=cm_cd_notf_message?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx3J7ARN1DIK0GQ&cdPage=2&asin=B004RFYEEC&cdThread=Tx3J6EGGKBE5M82#Mx3MFEME9KE1AK8

"I loaned you money when the funds weren't too cool"

"The ocean scares me."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1976
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #6795 on: September 19, 2011, 04:44:30 PM »

Mike Love was arguably the most successful American rock and roll lyricist.

Yes, and the earth is arguably flat, Santa Claus arguably exists and cigarettes arguably give you lung cancer......

I mean, come on now...........................

That last one is true, sorry :D

Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6796 on: September 19, 2011, 05:21:04 PM »

Hahahaaa!! It was on Special Offer with Summer Dreams-hence the bad looking beards!! Grin
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6797 on: September 20, 2011, 12:08:17 AM »

I thought, rather than a goofball in India, it was generally accepted that he was actually an "all-american bullet-headed saxon-mother's son"?  Huh
I hope you don't actually think that song is about Mike Love.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #6798 on: September 20, 2011, 12:43:03 AM »

I hope you don't actually think that song is about Mike Love.

No, that is the little heard Beatles track "Happy Birthday You Bald Twat"
ghost
« Reply #6799 on: September 20, 2011, 07:42:42 AM »

Anyone think Paul asked Mike a sh*t ton of Smile questions while in India together? So then what happened Mike? And then what? Tell me more. Do you think it would've beat Pepper, be honest. Did Brian say he liked She's Leaving Home when I played it for him? I mean, he told me he did but... you know.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 277 ... 380 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx