gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 03:53:20 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Should this discussion be moved to the Sandbox?
Naahh, Beach Boys, SMiLE and drugs is as on-topic as can be - 99 (67.8%)
It's about time, I've requested this at least 20 pages back - 27 (18.5%)
Who cares, it isn't going to be released anyway - 11 (7.5%)
I don't like drugs and I don't like SMiLE, we might as well delete this discussion - 2 (1.4%)
The SMiLE music and drug use cloud this discussion - 7 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 138

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 ... 380 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SMiLE Sessions box set!  (Read 1728763 times)
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: August 03, 2011, 02:29:40 PM »

Yeah, no sh*t.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: August 03, 2011, 02:31:51 PM »

sh*t you people need to find something better to do.

LOL LOL LOL

Second best post of this thread.  3D
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: August 03, 2011, 02:36:34 PM »

Just to break my winning streak of 1 post...anyone buy into the theory that it was Marilyn who sh*t in the sandbox and just blamed it on Banana and Louie?   Grin
I think it was Brian, but Murry laid down some newspaper first....unfortunately, it busted through.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #2978 on: August 03, 2011, 02:46:12 PM »

All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place.   
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: August 03, 2011, 02:49:07 PM »

Any second now Sgt.Smile is going to axe a hole through your door, poke his head through and yell "HEEEEEEREEEEES HARRY!"

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2980 on: August 03, 2011, 02:55:08 PM »

All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place. All speculation and no news makes board a dull place.   

That was your definition of dull ?  Shocked

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #2981 on: August 03, 2011, 03:02:22 PM »

Andrew, I got about a page into the row and had to go and wash up instead.
I was merely pointing out that the lack of news has lead to people on this board actually going insane. I used the technique known as satire, by correlating this thread with the popular Stanley Kubrick motion picture "The Shining", based on Stephen Kings novel of the same name.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: August 03, 2011, 03:09:10 PM »

LOL

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
redlicktrout
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: August 03, 2011, 03:10:51 PM »

My nephew works for EMI-was talking to him last night at the BW concert in Lexington Ky(he is an accountant and works in California)-I asked him when  the SMiLE sessions box set will be released-For what it's worth he said HE HEARD(remember he works in accounting which is light years from Production)there was an little legality issue (no idea what that means)but SMiLE would be released SOONER BEFORE LATER.Sorry about this vague post,but he seemed certain release would happen soon
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: August 03, 2011, 03:16:10 PM »

Andrew, I got about a page into the row and had to go and wash up instead.
I was merely pointing out that the lack of news has lead to people on this board actually going insane. I used the technique known as satire, by correlating this thread with the popular Stanley Kubrick motion picture "The Shining", based on Stephen Kings novel of the same name.

Your loss. Page 3 of todays argument was a riot  LOL

My nephew works for EMI-was talking to him last night at the BW concert in Lexington Ky(he is an accountant and works in California)-I asked him when  the SMiLE sessions box set will be released-For what it's worth he said HE HEARD(remember he works in accounting which is light years from Production)there was an little legality issue (no idea what that means)but SMiLE would be released SOONER BEFORE LATER.Sorry about this vague post,but he seemed certain release would happen soon

I'm sure inevitably they have come across a few legal issues
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 03:17:33 PM by Shady » Logged

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #2985 on: August 03, 2011, 03:19:31 PM »

"legality issue" is code for "Mike Love's objections" LOL
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: August 03, 2011, 03:27:21 PM »

Oh no, here we go again with the arguing even though the delay should have already happened due to moving of the release date.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 05:40:19 PM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: August 03, 2011, 03:31:59 PM »

Stop arguing if only for the reason that when I loggged in and saw the thread had jumped up 8 pages I expected a tracklist. DAMN YOUR PETTY BICKERING, AND DAMN ITS DUCKPOND

I say it's spinach, and I say the hell with it.

Also, it's 'dickwad', not 'duckpond'. Close, mind.

I thought you of all people would get a Blackadder reference....

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Peter Reum
Honored Guest

Serving fine tortillas since 1965

View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: August 03, 2011, 05:09:43 PM »

I will repeat what I said before...the project is moving forward in a manner congruent with most people on this board's projected window for release.

If it runs amuck, call the duck
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: August 03, 2011, 05:24:50 PM »

sept 29th would be swell by me...  Wink

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: August 03, 2011, 08:01:52 PM »

Jeez, I come home from a long day in the sun, see 6 new pages, and think, GREAT! The news Peter was talking about is here....

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: August 03, 2011, 08:04:57 PM »

thats what you get bgas

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: August 03, 2011, 08:13:50 PM »

Who's up for starting a pool on when this thing is finally announced?

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
warnakey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2993 on: August 03, 2011, 08:26:18 PM »

I also want to have an official date. Its sort of like when you are asking a girl out on a date, you want to know WHEN you can pick her up so it seems like she is actually interested instead of just saying yes to not seem rude but then never calls you.

Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: August 03, 2011, 08:37:59 PM »

I also want to have an official date. Its sort of like when you are asking a girl out on a date, you want to know WHEN you can pick her up so it seems like she is actually interested instead of just saying yes to not seem rude but then never calls you.

It's more like when you call up the cable guy and he says he'll be there between 10-4 and then he shows up at 6.

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
dmcguire70
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: August 03, 2011, 09:33:01 PM »

It's more like when you call up the cable guy and he says he'll be there between 10-4 and then he shows up at 6.

That's fine as long it's not like the electrician saying between 10-4 and not showing up at all! Angry

"I loaned you money when the funds weren't too cool"

"The ocean scares me."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1976
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: August 04, 2011, 12:37:17 AM »

My nephew works for EMI-was talking to him last night at the BW concert in Lexington Ky(he is an accountant and works in California)-I asked him when  the SMiLE sessions box set will be released-For what it's worth he said HE HEARD(remember he works in accounting which is light years from Production)there was an little legality issue (no idea what that means)but SMiLE would be released SOONER BEFORE LATER.Sorry about this vague post,but he seemed certain release would happen soon

Uh oh, more grist for Phil Cohen's mill o' misery ....

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
smokeythebear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: August 04, 2011, 12:55:21 AM »

Keep in mind that legal hassles are quite common when doing big releases of old stuff, artwork needs to be cleared, photos needs to be cleared, music needs to be cleared (friday night, you were my sunshine as an example) Surviving members or their the ones in place needs to clear it. These things take time, even when done the presses of the vinyls cutting and mastering needs to be approved by Mark and Alan.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2998 on: August 04, 2011, 01:03:11 AM »

I will repeat what I said before...the project is moving forward in a manner congruent with most people on this board's projected window for release.

Hopefully, more folk will heed this entirely credible source and their info than any other posted here.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2999 on: August 04, 2011, 01:06:01 AM »

Not really - we're talking a third hand source in an entirely different department. Bit like taking any of the Gospels as... well, Gospel.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 ... 380 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx