gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680894 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 04, 2024, 12:21:14 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone see a Brian/Britanny Spears Connection?  (Read 8760 times)
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2008, 08:29:24 AM »

Now I detest Brittany Spears and her music but is anyone getting Landy-Wilson deja vu with whats going on with Brittany?

http://omg.yahoo.com/britney-s-parents-fear-for-her-life/news/6319
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 08:57:16 AM by pixletwin » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 02:54:57 PM »

Fun Fact... someone posting under the name "Britney Spears" used to post on a few of the BW boards advertising her cd... one month or so before she actually released her first cd.

As for the article....yikes.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
melissalynn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 04:14:01 PM »

They actually mentioned the 'similarities' on the Fox News Channel last night. Not a Britney fan myself, but it's such a sad situation.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 06:04:18 PM »

They actually mentioned the 'similarities' on the Fox News Channel last night
Really?! That's wild...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
melissalynn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 06:19:44 PM »

My mom called me into the living room and said, 'They just mentioned Brian Wilson on Bill O'Reilly's show, comparing his situation with Britney Spears' situation'. Crazy. They brought it up several times during the news piece. Also compared it to the relationship between Elvis and Colonial Tom Parker.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 07:59:19 AM »

I am not getting a whole lot of comfort here. Apparently I am on the same wave length as Bill O'Reilley and Fox News.  Embarrassed

Grin Tongue Grin
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 11:38:57 AM »

That's a scary thought!

Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 06:29:16 PM »

Britney Spears is better looking....... Shocked
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 10:18:35 PM »

Not anymore. *shudder*

Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2008, 12:25:25 AM »

My mom called me into the living room and said, 'They just mentioned Brian Wilson on Bill O'Reilly's show, comparing his situation with Britney Spears' situation'. Crazy. They brought it up several times during the news piece. Also compared it to the relationship between Elvis and Colonial Tom Parker.

I don't ever believe anything that comes out of that tool O'Reilley's mouth. He makes Mike Love look like an altar boy. Anyone with half a brain knows that, unlike Britney, Brian had/has actual talent.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
MBE
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2008, 03:01:38 AM »

I feel for Brian because he always seemed like a kind well meaning person, but Britney (aside from the lack of talent) never really displayed any redeaming qualities. I hate to see anyone throw their life away but I think a person's innate character is important as far as what I feel about something like this. Again I don't mean to be cold, but again I cannot think of anything she's done that I can admire her for.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2008, 12:00:26 PM »

To be fair to her, Britney wasn't exactly allowed anything even resembling a normal childhood or adolescence. We don't know what kind of person she is, and chances are she doesn't either, having been in the spotlight as a manufactured character since she was a preteen. It's no surprise she's got problems. It's just a shame that she's famous enough that they become everyone's focus of attention. I'd hope if I were to flip out, nobody would pay any attention.

We've got a sick societal fascination with famous people, even in the areas of their lives that have nothing to do with the reason they're famous.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
carlydenise
Smiley Smile Associate

Heaven

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2008, 12:54:45 PM »

The paparazzi needs to back off so Britney can get a grip without constant harassment, maybe she wants media attention, but this is not the way to do it...she needs to create her music (she has a great voice), and stop acting so silly.  She was not ready/mature enough to go into the wife/mother mode just yet.  I feel bad for her, hope she gets herself together and not end up yet another destroyed child star.

come be my redeemer...awaken me beautiful dreamer
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2008, 02:44:11 PM »

she needs to create her music (she has a great voice)

What?! She hasn't "sang" in any of her "live" performances since 2000, and her voice on disc is more processed than store brand American cheese.

MBE
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2008, 03:37:09 PM »

The other point to make is that she wants to be followed and even dates those who do. She wants fame and doesn't care how it comes anymore. There are a lot of what if's but she probably was raised poorly and so she became a low class person.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2008, 06:16:48 PM »

I think she's honest-to-goodness loony.  Her eyes are starting to get that Syd Barrett glaze to them. It's like her mind was writing on a chalkboard and someone erased a good portion of it...using diagonal strokes.

donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2008, 01:40:07 PM »

The similarity has to do with leeches using an incompetent celebrity for personal gain.  It would be a good idea for famous or wealthy people to have a directive written BEFORE they go crackers as to what sort of intervention they would want and who would be involved.  Sort of like a living will.
markcharles75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2008, 02:07:28 PM »

My word that new Britney song on the radio is just terrible...atrocious.  Is that a sample of a chicken clucking?  I agree, that is a "computerize" voice if I ever heard one. I heard the song (and many of the "hits" of the day) on the radio because my CD player is broke in my car for a long while now.  So, driving to and fro work, I hear the latest "hits."  I sometimes just hit the off button and drive home in complete silence after the noise and rush of the day.  Do I need to hear shitty music on my drive home?  I cannot believe the amount of garbage on the radio.  I have a very open mind when it comes to music, and I try to find something redeeming in some of the songs out there.  But there is some garbage being played.  Unbelievable. Pop Punk...dance/club/hip hop songs. UGHGH!! 

"Watch the balloon you buy just to let fly away..."
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2008, 02:18:33 PM »

she needs to create her music (she has a great voice)

What?! She hasn't "sang" in any of her "live" performances since 2000, and her voice on disc is more processed than store brand American cheese.

Im the last person to defend Britney in any way, but this is wrong. (In terms of her live singing...)

As for her processed voice, yeah...but then again who doesnt do that? Her voice production isnt as bad as any others...she actually did have a decent voice (Im sure its been through hell so its no where near what it use to be)...

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2008, 02:22:40 PM »

As for her processed voice, yeah...but then again who doesnt do that? Her voice production isnt as bad as any others...she actually did have a decent voice

I'd clarify that to say "within that genre."

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2008, 02:43:34 PM »

I meant to specify in pop music, but I guess I got a bit overwhelmed...idk.

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2008, 02:59:27 PM »

Actually, I remember reading something, somewhere (how's that for specific LOL ) several years back criticising her for using  pre-recorded "lead vocal" tracks during her shows.  If she is singing live, or rather, was, her voice was buried so far in the mix as to be inaudible.  I do remember seeing her on various tv shows back in 1999-2000 where she *was* singing live, and it was obvious. Not bad, just average.  Now, my sister-in-law has a concert DVD dating from 2001 (in her defence, she was 16 when she got it) , and I've seen it, and I can safely say with 99.998% certainty that she was lip-synching.

I would compare her to Brian in saying that her microphone is like Brian's keyboard, but then again, I've seen Brian actually play the keyboard live, so that's out... LOL

MBE
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2008, 03:36:00 AM »

I think she's honest-to-goodness loony.  Her eyes are starting to get that Syd Barrett glaze to them. It's like her mind was writing on a chalkboard and someone erased a good portion of it...using diagonal strokes.
Syd that is much closer then any comparison to Brian good call.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2008, 11:43:59 AM »

My word that new Britney song on the radio is just terrible...atrocious.  Is that a sample of a chicken clucking?  I agree, that is a "computerize" voice if I ever heard one. I heard the song (and many of the "hits" of the day) on the radio because my CD player is broke in my car for a long while now.  So, driving to and fro work, I hear the latest "hits."  I sometimes just hit the off button and drive home in complete silence after the noise and rush of the day.  Do I need to hear merdaty music on my drive home?  I cannot believe the amount of garbage on the radio.  I have a very open mind when it comes to music, and I try to find something redeeming in some of the songs out there.  But there is some garbage being played.  Unbelievable. Pop Punk...dance/club/hip hop songs. UGHGH!! 

Dude, can't you just listen to the classic rock station or something?

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2008, 08:21:52 AM »

Might I suggest public radio?    Some public radio stations play the best music that can be found anywhere.

Listening to the new pop/top 40 or top 10 is excruciating.  I'd almost, (thats almost) rather listen to Rush Limbotomy on the a.m. dial.

I find the fascination with BS just fascinating.  One can only imagine what it might have been like  if the paparazzi had been this rabid in the days of Janis, Jimi, and Jim and the TV had 200 channels on 24/7 like today.  Morrison would be shaking his weinie at Wolf Blitzer and on the E channel.  Janis would be seen throwing up her daily ration of liquor , Grace Slick screeching at the Germans and wrecking cars.....
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx